+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2017 *OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANT*

shiiinjiiim

Star Member
May 26, 2017
Canada
I'm having the exact same issue. It is excessively frustrating. My GCKey says that they need more documents from me, but there are no messages telling me what documents are needed. It's been almost 3 months since they received my application. I feel like a glitch in a system has basically put our applications at a standstill. I have no way of calling them, as I am in the US, and there are no legal routes for actual verbal communication that I've managed to find. I have sent about 4 technical reports to which they have replied about 3 times telling me they are working on it, or that they have fixed the issue, and each time the issue persists, so I just fill out another technical issue report. I am out of ideas... any suggestions would be appreciated from my end as well.
Hi there
If you wanna call the center which is highly recommended, charge your Skype, and dial this number first +1 (613) 944-4000 , follow the instructions, you will be transferred to call center afterwards. I did it, it worked.

Last edited:

alaaalmasri

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beirut, Lebanon
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2017
Doc's Request.
02-Feb-2017
AOR Received.
25-Jan-2017
Med's Request
N/A - Upfront
Med's Done....
02-Dec-2016 - Passed
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
28-Dec-2017; PP sent: 02-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2018
LANDED..........
TBD
Hi guys, the embassy of my country sent me an email for an interview and requesting to bring with me my original passport in addition of the below documents:

*Photos from civil marriage and marriage celebration
* Evidence of cohabitation
* Evidence of ongoing communication between PA and SPR

My question is do they keep my passport with them for final decision and visa stamping or they will keep the passport with me and then requesting it again another time ??

325i

Star Member
May 30, 2017
Hi guys, the embassy of my country sent me an email for an interview and requesting to bring with me my original passport in addition of the below documents:

*Photos from civil marriage and marriage celebration
* Evidence of cohabitation
* Evidence of ongoing communication between PA and SPR

My question is do they keep my passport with them for final decision and visa stamping or they will keep the passport with me and then requesting it again another time ??
Is your background check in progress? Because if that's the case, they might stamp it right there.

alaaalmasri

Star Member
Feb 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Beirut, Lebanon
App. Filed.......
23-Jan-2017
Doc's Request.
02-Feb-2017
AOR Received.
25-Jan-2017
Med's Request
N/A - Upfront
Med's Done....
02-Dec-2016 - Passed
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
28-Dec-2017; PP sent: 02-Jan-2018
VISA ISSUED...
24-Jan-2018
LANDED..........
TBD
Is your background check in progress? Because if that's the case, they might stamp it right there.
Thanks shiiinjiiim, myCIC is not updated, i have an interview tomorrow and it shows on myCIC account an interview is not required, and my background check is changed 2 weeks ago from "Your application is in progress. The next step is to conduct a background check." to "Not Applicable."

gamzenoakes

Star Member
Feb 27, 2017
Turkey
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
09/03/2017
AOR Received.
13/03/2017
File Transfer...
24/05/2017
Med's Request
27/03/2017
Med's Done....
04/04/2017
Guys,
On GCkey, for background check, does it ever say ' in process or completed '? What does 'not applicable' mean?
I sent the police checks- updated ones.