+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2017 *OUTLAND SPOUSAL APPLICANT*

camilafsn

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Hello folks! It looks like a busy black friday
Got DM today as well (March 23 applicant, Brazil VO)
Waiting on PPR

PS: got the pre arrival services letter on my Cic as well

What should l wait for with PPR? I want to get ready: photos?

TypsyGypsy

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
UPDATE:

Yesterday, as some of you may know, I had an appointment with my MP. My husband and myself went to the office. We signed an eligibility form to allow access to our information at CIC. We had to prove our residence, to qualify for the help of our MP. The meeting in whole took approximately 1/2 hour. Today, I received a phone call from the MP office with an update on our application. Their office was very helpful.

Some time ago, I mentioned that after being instructed by someone on the phone at CIC, we traveled to a port of entry to get an open work permit, to be turned around and told we did not qualify. Waste of time, so stressful.

Today, the kind lady at our MP's office told me these things...maybe they could be helpful to someone else...She told us that yes in fact my medicals passed, our application is in Mississauga Visa Office, that if you deal with an MP office you shouldn't contact CIC it's either one or the other, That if you hold a VALID Temporary Resident Permit, you ARE eligible for an open work permit IF your Temporary Resident Permit is still valid for a period of 6 months or more only. You would have to fill it out online. You only need to meet 1 requirement of the Open Work Permit to apply.

That being said....even though this would have completely been a benefit to me, and an extra income could have been had....my current Temporary Resident Permit expires in April, 2018....making it NOT 6 months or more at this point....had we had this information back when we tried before (the port of entry thing), I'd already have an open work permit and be employed. So that's that. She is getting back to me to let me know if I did in fact re-submit an application for Temporary Residence, hence getting another implied status, would I then be again eligible for an open work permit? At this stage by the time we were to get it....I'm guessing anyways since our PR application is 12 months in March 2018, the PR would get here anyhow before the new TRP and the request for OWP. Also, she told me that since I have a TRP that is good until April, they may not replace it upon re-entry when I visit my family in December, meaning I'd have another implied status for 6 months....however, they could allow me re-entry that is stamped for when my current TRP expires in April. Hope this makes sense LOL! Hope this helps someone.

Better than not hearing a thing at all in 7 months!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
UPDATE:

Yesterday, as some of you may know, I had an appointment with my MP. My husband and myself went to the office. We signed an eligibility form to allow access to our information at CIC. We had to prove our residence, to qualify for the help of our MP. The meeting in whole took approximately 1/2 hour. Today, I received a phone call from the MP office with an update on our application. Their office was very helpful.

Some time ago, I mentioned that after being instructed by someone on the phone at CIC, we traveled to a port of entry to get an open work permit, to be turned around and told we did not qualify. Waste of time, so stressful.

Today, the kind lady at our MP's office told me these things...maybe they could be helpful to someone else...She told us that yes in fact my medicals passed, our application is in Mississauga Visa Office, that if you deal with an MP office you shouldn't contact CIC it's either one or the other, That if you hold a VALID Temporary Resident Permit, you ARE eligible for an open work permit IF your Temporary Resident Permit is still valid for a period of 6 months or more only. You would have to fill it out online. You only need to meet 1 requirement of the Open Work Permit to apply.

That being said....even though this would have completely been a benefit to me, and an extra income could have been had....my current Temporary Resident Permit expires in April, 2018....making it NOT 6 months or more at this point....had we had this information back when we tried before (the port of entry thing), I'd already have an open work permit and be employed. So that's that. She is getting back to me to let me know if I did in fact re-submit an application for Temporary Residence, hence getting another implied status, would I then be again eligible for an open work permit? At this stage by the time we were to get it....I'm guessing anyways since our PR application is 12 months in March 2018, the PR would get here anyhow before the new TRP and the request for OWP. Also, she told me that since I have a TRP that is good until April, they may not replace it upon re-entry when I visit my family in December, meaning I'd have another implied status for 6 months....however, they could allow me re-entry that is stamped for when my current TRP expires in April. Hope this makes sense LOL! Hope this helps someone.

Better than not hearing a thing at all in 7 months!
Well if that's true f*** me re work permit

TypsyGypsy

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
my husbands been on a freakin visitor visa for 1.5y
Same here....2 years for me!!! As long as it is a Temporary Resident Permit you CAN apply online for an Open Work Permit!!! The Temporary Resident Permit that you currently hold has to be valid still for 6 months or more!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Same here....2 years for me!!! As long as it is a Temporary Resident Permit you CAN apply online for an Open Work Permit!!! The Temporary Resident Permit that you currently hold has to be valid still for 6 months or more!
Hmm...Fintan is 38 now and I think there are some restrictions, no? they don't give them when you've had so many (he's had 3) and are a certain age. I could be wrong though

TypsyGypsy

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Because you would then meet the requirements of 1 needed for application for an Open Work Permit, and apparently you only need 1!

TypsyGypsy

Star Member
Apr 6, 2017
Hmm...Fintan is 38 now and I think there are some restrictions, no? they don't give them when you've had so many (he's had 3) and are a certain age. I could be wrong though
I've never had a single work permit of any kind here in Canada (or any other country for that matter). I dunno....what a joke! 2 years of another income we lost!

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
I've never had a single work permit of any kind here in Canada (or any other country for that matter). I dunno....what a joke! 2 years of another income we lost!
I cant take mat leave because my husband isnt working. This would have been good to know...