Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
That's what I was wondering why nobody asked why they don't issue visas anymore for this year....I would be very curious to hear an answer.
Likewise. Especially as there is no quota...

Belle Ginou

Mar 20, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
March 17 2017
AOR Received.
March 28 2017
File Transfer...
June 6 2017
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
June 3 2016 Passed and Extended
Interview........
November 2 2017
Passport Req..
November 2 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Okay...this doesn’t make sense to me. There is no quota for the family sponsorship. Why on earth they decided not to issue visa if the application is approved??? Did anyone asked the visa officer this question during the interview. This makes me feel so angry...people are waiting for their loved ones and even if your application is approved you still must wait longer...
I was upset too! Knowing application is approved but wont send back passports until January. At first i thought it was just our case only but more spouses are being told that they are approved and embassy will keep passports until January. They said there will be a queue for passports being returned. Even if someone ask that question unsure how much the immigration officer will say.

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
I was upset too! Knowing application is approved but wont send back passports until January. At first i thought it was just our case only but more spouses are being told that they are approved and embassy will keep passports until January. They said there will be a queue for passports being returned. Even if someone ask that question unsure how much the immigration officer will say.
All this situation with passports being held is really strange. I think the immigration officer must explain what is the reason for this, as there is no quota for spousal sponsorship (what other reason for that could be?)....If application is approved - it is approved. Completely different thing is if they need passport to continue processing the application, I read about this practice for some VOs. In any case, I hope your passport will be sent back to you in the first week of January! (maybe sooner ;))

hatem1981

Star Member
Jun 28, 2017
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
12-09-2017
Hello everyone

regarding the 'Are you living together question", Me and my wife lived together for 11 years , I am just in Canada waiting to receive my PR Card and begin the sponsorship process.

Do I answer yes referring to our long history or No referring to immediate situation ?

TIA

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I don't want to be this person because I know there's people waiting from 2016 but we're at just under 9m for a straightforward Irish outland application. Really did not think it would take this long. Husband on a visitor visa not able to work really starting to kill us.

Reactions: starnaenae

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
I don't want to be this person because I know there's people waiting from 2016 but we're at just under 9m for a straightforward Irish outland application. Really did not think it would take this long. Husband on a visitor visa not able to work really starting to kill us.
I hear you. We are passed 8 months...and waiting. Whenever I called always same answer - everything is in order, we have everything...you have to wait.

Reactions: kcward7

lasca

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
19-05-2017
Med's Done....
23-11-2016
Interview........
07-02-2018
Passport Req..
23-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2018
I hear you. We are passed 8 months...and waiting. Whenever I called always same answer - everything is in order, we have everything...you have to wait.
We passed 9 months and waiting

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
I'm just starting to get a baaaaad feeling, you know?
Yes I know what you mean....I dont mind waiting, BUT its hard not to get concerned when you see ppl applied even 2-3 month after you, get their PPRs...Seems they really have problems with processing ppl from January/February/March...

lasca

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
19-05-2017
Med's Done....
23-11-2016
Interview........
07-02-2018
Passport Req..
23-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2018
Yes I know what you mean....I dont mind waiting, BUT its hard not to get concerned when you see ppl applied even 2-3 month after you, get their PPRs...Seems they really have problems with processing ppl from January/February/March...
I'm just starting to get a baaaaad feeling, you know?
I work with applications to government in pharma area....and when it is a long wait, there are 3 possibilities: 1. Your file is very good, they are almost finished without additional questions and you are about to be approved. 2. Your file is deficient and you are going to face questions and further clarifications. 3. They have backlog and there is nothing personal about your file.
What is frustrating is that the lack of the e-update which we all can easily follow. Our status didn't change for the past 5 months. Considering that Christmas holidays are coming, I am not sure where it places us in their queue.

Reactions: Nina53

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
I work with applications to government in pharma area....and when it is a long wait, there are 3 possibilities: 1. Your file is very good, they are almost finished without additional questions and you are about to be approved. 2. Your file is deficient and you are going to face questions and further clarifications. 3. They have backlog and there is nothing personal about your file.
What is frustrating is that the lack of the e-update which we all can easily follow. Our status didn't change for the past 5 months. Considering that Christmas holidays are coming, I am not sure where it places us in their queue.
That's exactly what my husband keeps telling me, mostly about option 1 and 3 :) But when I think about the backlog I imagine it such that they start to work on the applications received earlier....but seems they have a different kind of backlog.

Reactions: lasca

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
That's exactly what my husband keeps telling me, mostly about option 1 and 3 :) But when I think about the backlog I imagine it such that they start to work on the applications received earlier....but seems they have a different kind of backlog.
I'm worried...I just don't have a great feeling. My lawyers have pissed me off enough that I wonder what they may have dicked on the file. I'm starting to seriously consider we may have to move back to Ireland if shit goes sideways. Stressful...

We did a get a letter from London from our officer saying "I am finalizing Fintan's admissibility and eligibility into Canada but I need his Australian police cert to finish..." So it sounded like they were nearly done with no issues...

Nina53

Mar 15, 2017
App. Filed.......
March 2017
I'm worried...I just don't have a great feeling. My lawyers have pissed me off enough that I wonder what they may have dicked on the file. I'm starting to seriously consider we may have to move back to Ireland if shit goes sideways. Stressful...

We did a get a letter from London from our officer saying "I am finalizing Fintan's admissibility and eligibility into Canada but I need his Australian police cert to finish..." So it sounded like they were nearly done with no issues...
The fact that they requested police certificate is definitely a good sign!!! If there was something that raised red flag for them - they would invite you for interview. So far you dont get any....so hopefully you are really close to finish now.

lasca

Star Member
Oct 16, 2017
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
05-04-2017
File Transfer...
19-05-2017
Med's Done....
23-11-2016
Interview........
07-02-2018
Passport Req..
23-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2018

You have a good chance as at least you got a positive feedback from them. As for us all our efforts to get in contact with the immigration office is simply sending requests to a black hole. They do not accept any telephone calls. Just hold on there, you are almost done!

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
The fact that they requested police certificate is definitely a good sign!!! If there was something that raised red flag for them - they would invite you for interview. So far you dont get any....so hopefully you are really close to finish now.
We lost three f****** months because the initial request for the cert never came through and then we got a procedural fairness letter stating if we didn't submit in 30 days they would make a decision without it. Luckily we got it in. I really hope we all hear by Christmas.