+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2015 Citizenship Applicants

eduvit

Jan 4, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
WindsorFeb15Aspirant said:
Looks like lot of progress made last week for many of us.

My file was transfered to local office on June 9th. I will update the spreadsheet today evening.

Good Luck to all!
It is good to see the progress all around. I also from Windsor, my file was transfered to local office on June 8th. We may have the test invitation at the same time then.

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
i know anil04_10 just making sure that eveyone knows about it (you never know someone from CIC maybe reading my posts... ) ;D ;D ;D ;D

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Congrats to new people whose files got transferred.

IRO

May 14, 2015
will-i-am0121 said:
Hey guys, I have just had my test done on Thursday last week, it was not easy, about 5 out of 20 questions were about "names" & "year", so make sure that you read the "discover Canada" book.

I passed the test and intervewed though. Looking forward to notice of oath in the next coming months.
Good luck guys,

Congrat..... You're such a lucky fella for getting a test within 4months of application, I hope such grace will be extended to others in this forum...

Rock2015

Jun 16, 2015
I was just checking my child ECAS and found this message. Mine only have the info they started processing, but my child has this additional message. Any clue what they might possibly need??

-We started processing your application on June 09, 2015.
-We sent you correspondence on June 09, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Rock2015 said:
I was just checking my child ECAS and found this message. Mine only have the info they started processing, but my child has this additional message. Any clue what they might possibly need??

-We started processing your application on June 09, 2015.
-We sent you correspondence on June 09, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
If it is for a child then it might be some document request.

ejamal

Star Member
Nov 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2011
AOR Received.
24-02-2012
Med's Request
25-5-2012
Passport Req..
28-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hello Guys,

Here is my test/interview experience,

Regarding my test preparation:
  • I read the Discover Canada book thoroughly two times.
  • I burned the Discover Canada Audio book on a couple of CDs and played them whenever I was in the car, for two weeks.
  • I practised on-line tests from the following sources
    • <a href="http://www.citizenshipsupport.ca">Citizenship Support</a>, excellent website worth the money, lots and lots of questions.
    • <a href="http://www.citizenshipcounts.ca">Citizenship Counts</a>, not a bad source for covering the basics.
    • <a href="http://www.v-soul.com/onlinetest/">v-soul</a>, covers the basics.
    • <a href="http://www.yourlibrary.ca/citizenship/">Your library Citizenship test</a>, covers the basics.
after all the test was dirt simple, finished the test in a few minutes and I was the first one to be called for interview.

During the interview the Citizenship Officer was cheerful, which put me at ease. She asked for my identity documents (Driver Licence and health Card), and my PR card---she did not ask for my landing paper. Then she confirmed my current address and job, she made sure they matched what was listed on the application. After that she asked for my passports/travel documents and she checked every stamp on it, be sure to bring English (or French) translation for any none English (or French) stamps. Finally, she said everything is fine, and that I am good to go. I did not time it, but I doubt the interview lasted more than 3 minutes---I did not have a lot of stamps.

One more thing during the interview she asked me to sign Form CIT 0039, she said it is a "new form". I don't remember the details but it was more or less a declaration that I did not do anything the would otherwise prohibit me from obtaining Canadian Citizenship.

I hope that was helpful,
Cheers
Ejamal

WindsorFeb15Aspirant

Star Member
Feb 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eduvit said:
It is good to see the progress all around. I also from Windsor, my file was transfered to local office on June 8th. We may have the test invitation at the same time then.
Yup. Hope next month. :)

ymassimi

Jun 15, 2014
Mississauga
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-04-2015
LANDED..........
15-09-2010
YAAAAY my applications is in process now, here is the status

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 17, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 21, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 15, 2015.

im so happy once step closer to my goal :)

Good luck everyone

Rock2015

Jun 16, 2015
thecoolguysam said:
If it is for a child then it might be some document request.
You were right, just got the mail yesterday. They are asking for the my child's original birth certificate.
Would this makes our application non-routine??

arvind6365

Star Member
Dec 26, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/12/2009
Doc's Request.
09/02/2010
Nomination.....
16/04/2010
AOR Received.
16/04/2010
IELTS Request
15/03/2010
File Transfer...
01/09/2010
Med's Request
17/03/2011
Med's Done....
05/05/2011
Interview........
wevied off
Passport Req..
05/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
01/09/2011
LANDED..........
Feb 2012
pelipeli2 said:
Hey Arvind, just checked mine and that line disappeared too.
Any update on Disappeared Transfer line. Till now not appeared.

Please update

Thanks

superfellow

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It looks like you didn't provide any document about your child's birth certificate with your initial application, like translation etc?

Rock2015 said:
You were right, just got the mail yesterday. They are asking for the my child's original birth certificate.
Would this makes our application non-routine??

Rock2015

Jun 16, 2015
superfellow said:
It looks like you didn't provide any document about your child's birth certificate with your initial application, like translation etc?
I provided an English version of the birth certificate, but it seems that they considered it as just a translation and requested the original copy. I will submit to them the original with a new translation from a certified Canadian translator to avoid any delays.