+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2014 OUTLAND APPLICANTS

Twelfty12

Star Member
Dec 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe try calling them a few minutes before they open tomorrow.
Tell them you received an email that looked like an acknowledgement that they received your application, but there were no numbers on it.
Ask if it would be possible to get the numbers. You can also see if they have an update for you yet, just to get two birds with one stone.

I say to call them early because they're usually in a decent mood and not angry from being yelled at yet!

Calgary_Man

Dec 28, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M/New Delhi
NOC Code......
SPOUSAL VISA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-MARCH-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
AOR1- 23-JUNE-2014, AOR2 - 02-JULY-2014, IP - 19-SEPT-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
23-JUNE-2014
Med's Request
FILED WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
21 FEB 2014
Interview........
INTERVIEW - WAIVED, DM - 14 OCT, 2014
Passport Req..
13 OCT, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
OCT 21, 2014
LANDED..........
NOV 10, 2014
I called monday morning and they asked me to call again next monday :-\

Twelfty12

Star Member
Dec 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Act like it's your first time calling.
I am sure it is protocol to tell people to wait a week or two. It makes sense for updates, but when you are asking for a number (they have a few on your file they could give you just by having the application in the system) they can give you that without any trouble, and just casually ask for an update while you have them on the phone. No harm in it.

alonekitchener

Apr 14, 2014
O_guy said:
Can you please tell me where you saw Philippines cases are expedited? I have seen several posts which say the Manila VO requests passports after about 10 months and that is certainty not expedited.
Hi O_guy,
Would you mind adding my information to the spreadsheet?
Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Singapore
App. Filed.......: 02-03-2014
AOR Received.: 04-03-2014
SA Approved: 04-04-2014
Med's Done....: 17-02-2014

I have a question. I live in Canada and my wife is from Bangladesh.

On April 4th I received 2 emails.
the first one said

You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative(s) has been forwarded to a visa office abroad for further processing.
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the
Application for Permanent Residence for your relative(s), you may contact the visa office by e-mail,
fax, or in writing as follows:
CPC Ottawa
Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa
NHQ - Centralized Processing Region
219 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1, Canada
E-mail: OttPilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca
Fax number: (613) 946-6059

This visa office was selected based on your relative’s home address and the requirements of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.[/left][/pre]

The 2nd one said exactly the same thing but the visa office they stated was:
Singapore
High Commission of Canada
Visa Section
Robinson Road, P.O. Box 845
Singapore
901645 Singapore
E-mail: https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/cicemail/intro-eng.aspx?mission=singapore
Fax number: (65) 6854-5874

Is this normal? The call center said that the visa process starts in Ottawa and then gets sent to Singapore (in my wires case). Can others on this forum confirm this was their experience? I realize it can also depend on where they live, where they are applying from etc. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Twelfty12

Star Member
Dec 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From what I have read on here, that would be your 2nd AOR.
Congratulations.
Now you just wait and see if they ask for anything.

Twelfty12

Star Member
Dec 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maybe someone from the more senior threads will poke their head in to give you more information.
We have only had a wee handful of 2nd AORs in this thread so far.

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Twelfty12 said:
Maybe someone from the more senior threads will poke their head in to give you more information.
We have only had a wee handful of 2nd AORs in this thread so far.
Hmm.. I do not think it is the 2nd AOR as there is no way Singapore would have gotten the file the same day as Mississauga approved the Sponsor. Perhaps they state the file will be sent to Ottawa first (in the first Sponsorship Approval) and then sent a second email right after correcting that it will indeed be sent to Singapore.

Alonekitchener - I can't tell you exactly what this means as I am not applying through Singapore, but perhaps you can ask on their thread? They will probably know what it means.
Here is a thread for Singapore: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/singapore-timeline-t28993.9150.html

BunnyB

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26 2014
Doc's Request.
received procedural fairness letter
AOR Received.
May 06 2014 , AOR2 Jun 03 2014
File Transfer...
May 08 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 22 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 30, 2014
LANDED..........
01 Dec 2014
Hey mickeymyke, your application was received one day after mine, I got AOR yesterday morning, you should get it today. They sent it out at early yesterday morning, so check your inbox today. Hope u get AOR and SA soon.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alonekitchener said:
Hi O_guy,
Would you mind adding my information to the spreadsheet?
Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Singapore
App. Filed.......: 02-03-2014
AOR Received.: 04-03-2014
SA Approved: 04-04-2014
Med's Done....: 17-02-2014
I added you to the spreadsheet. Welcome to the group and don't forget the admin fee (Tim Hortons Medium DD coffee).

alonekitchener

Apr 14, 2014
Zarilenth said:
Hmm.. I do not think it is the 2nd AOR as there is no way Singapore would have gotten the file the same day as Mississauga approved the Sponsor. Perhaps they state the file will be sent to Ottawa first (in the first Sponsorship Approval) and then sent a second email right after correcting that it will indeed be sent to Singapore.

Alonekitchener - I can't tell you exactly what this means as I am not applying through Singapore, but perhaps you can ask on their thread? They will probably know what it means.
Here is a thread for Singapore: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/singapore-timeline-t28993.9150.html
You are correct Zarilenth. No way singapore would have gotten it so soon. I will post in the singapore timeline thread. thanks for your help!

Calgary_Man

Dec 28, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M/New Delhi
NOC Code......
SPOUSAL VISA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-MARCH-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
AOR1- 23-JUNE-2014, AOR2 - 02-JULY-2014, IP - 19-SEPT-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
23-JUNE-2014
Med's Request
FILED WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
21 FEB 2014
Interview........
INTERVIEW - WAIVED, DM - 14 OCT, 2014
Passport Req..
13 OCT, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
OCT 21, 2014
LANDED..........
NOV 10, 2014
LOLL i m timmies fan too ;D ;D ;D

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alonekitchener said:
Lol Anytime!
As I was typing that joke, commercial for McDonalds coffee came on tv. That reminded me when my wife and I had coffee at McDonalds while I was visiting her in the Philippines. That tasted soooooo differently than it does in North America.

And we saw KFC in the middle of nowhere, two hours outside of Manila. It was small old dirty property. That was very funny.

Twelfty12

Star Member
Dec 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oops!
My face is literally in my palm.

Sorry about that. I didn't catch the dates. I got caught up in the excitement of the idea of it and my eyes only saw what they wanted to.
Thanks for catching it, Zarilenth.

I apologize if my response got your hopes up :(

M

mikeymyke

BunnyB said:
Hey mickeymyke, your application was received one day after mine, I got AOR yesterday morning, you should get it today. They sent it out at early yesterday morning, so check your inbox today. Hope u get AOR and SA soon.
Cross my fingers, thanks BunnyB. I don't have anything in my email right now, so maybe tomorrow, but I'm not getting my hopes up too much after so much disappointment.

lol @ MICKEY myke hahaha