Apr 28,2014
Med's Request
Apr 9,2014
Med's Done....
Apr 10,2014
Passport Req..
Aug 28,2014
agarand8 said:
Because the signature says it is from the Hong Kong Visa Office, I believe that this is a confirmation that Hong Kong has received your application.

Yes I believe that they will eventually update that your meds have been received. Just have to wait.
hopefully they will update it soon since i must leave here in sept because of the house rental

BunnyB

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26 2014
Doc's Request.
received procedural fairness letter
AOR Received.
May 06 2014 , AOR2 Jun 03 2014
File Transfer...
May 08 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 22 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 30, 2014
LANDED..........
01 Dec 2014
Heroine said:
may i know what is a AOR 2 stand for?is it another confirmation of application received email for the sponsored person?Like my husband sponsors me and he got the mail on apr 9,and I got the same letter from cic(email:Client-update-mise-a-jour @ cic.gc.ca) and it gave me another UCI number saying
btw i sent my med record over a mth and i kept checking my status online it's still Decision made for my"sponsorship" and application received for my"PR application"

should cic update it since they got my med record and police cert.?at least update it as"med record received" etc

thanks
AOR2 is from HKVO, AOR1 is from CIC-M.
Have u click into application received under PR application? Mine has medical results have been received 5 days after SA.
How come u have police cert? Is it from HK Police Force? I m waiting for HKVO to send me letter for the PCC.
Hope this helps.

BunnyB

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 08 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 22 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 30, 2014
LANDED..........
01 Dec 2014
Heroine, May I know when did u get AOR from HKVO?

Heroine

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 11,2014
AOR Received.
Apr 9,2014
File Transfer...
Apr 28,2014
Med's Request
Apr 9,2014
Med's Done....
Apr 10,2014
Passport Req..
Aug 28,2014
BunnyB said:
AOR2 is from HKVO, AOR1 is from CIC-M.
Have u click into application received under PR application? Mine has medical results have been received 5 days after SA.
How come u have police cert? Is it from HK Police Force? I m waiting for HKVO to send me letter for the PCC.
Hope this helps.
hi BunnyB,
I checked the PR application,it only shows they got my PR application on Mar 11,thats it,nothing else.
they problem is I did my med check on Apr 10 which I got my SA on Apr 9.And yes I got the police cert which I was just giving a try and they made it for me.

I got the AOR from HKVO on Apr 28.

Does it consider as AOR2?

BunnyB

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 08 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 22 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 30, 2014
LANDED..........
01 Dec 2014
Heroine said:
hi BunnyB,
I checked the PR application,it only shows they got my PR application on Mar 11,thats it,nothing else.
they problem is I did my med check on Apr 10 which I got my SA on Apr 9.And yes I got the police cert which I was just giving a try and they made it for me.

I got the AOR from HKVO on Apr 28.

Does it consider as AOR2?
I think so, I have not received the same letter, only the SA . Yours seem to be the AOR from HKVO. It will take a while for the medical to get to HKVO, maybe they will update it soon.

Did u just go to Wan Chai to have the police cert done? Did they ask you any question?

Heroine

Star Member
Apr 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 11,2014
AOR Received.
Apr 9,2014
File Transfer...
Apr 28,2014
Med's Request
Apr 9,2014
Med's Done....
Apr 10,2014
Passport Req..
Aug 28,2014
BunnyB said:
I think so, I have not received the same letter, only the SA . Yours seem to be the AOR from HKVO. It will take a while for the medical to get to HKVO, maybe they will update it soon.

Did u just go to Wan Chai to have the police cert done? Did they ask you any question?
Yes,i called them before I actually went to the office in person,they were so rude on phone like they were not willing to answer my question
I just gave it a try,brought the copy of my SA and thats it.

They said they wont pass me the cert since they will send to cic HKVO directly

just feeling weird if its an AOR2 and they didnt update my status since as per tracking,they got my med check on Apr14

BunnyB

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26 2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
May 08 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 22 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 30, 2014
LANDED..........
01 Dec 2014
Heroine said:
just feeling weird if its an AOR2 and they didnt update my status since as per tracking,they got my med check on Apr14
As they are relocating soon, I am afraid this will further slow down the process. I hope they will pick up soon after the move.

thesniperz

May 16, 2014
hi guys, nice to see March applicants here. :)

our application package got delivered through Canada Post on March 28, 2014 to Mississauga and since then we haven't received any email or confirmation that they have received it or started working on it.
I know from the Processing Times page they are working on applications received on March 28..

Is it normal that we haven't received any acknowledgement? anyone else experiencing this?

thanks!

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
thesniperz said:
hi guys, nice to see March applicants here. :)

our application package got delivered through Canada Post on March 28, 2014 to Mississauga and since then we haven't received any email or confirmation that they have received it or started working on it.
I know from the Processing Times page they are working on applications received on March 28..

Is it normal that we haven't received any acknowledgement? anyone else experiencing this?

thanks!
Yeah there's lots of us not hearing anything. There are links in the signature of my message. Click on the March 2014 spreadsheet and you will see all of our timelines.

M

mikeymyke

Koifish76 said:
;D ;D ;D. And there it goes! All is right in the world eh mikeymyke :p. what does email say exactly? And does it not mention medical results received yet?
Will kindly update yours and others now.
haha yeah, I'm glad things are going more quickly now, just crossing my fingers that no interview and get PR soon, we sent out a very strong and thorough application. 2 days after SA, I was able to login ecas for first time and it already said medical results have been received.

Email just says

This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.

Dear XXXXXXXXXXXXXX,

This confirms that your application for permanent residence in Canada has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/05/12.

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application
To notify CIC of changes to your application, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp, select the office stated below, and follow the directions for “Case Specific Enquiry.”

When will CIC contact me?
CIC will contact you if we require additional information, documents, or an interview. For general guidance on what to expect, you can visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications and consult the “What happens next” section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.

How do I check the status of my application?
You may use either the Unique Client Identifier (UCI) or Application Number above to check the status of your application on the CIC website. Please visit www.cic.gc.ca/english and in the “I Need To ...” section on the right-hand side of the page, select “Check application status.”

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times for reference at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times
Please be aware that answering e-mails takes time away from processing applications. For this reason, unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

How can I prepare for immigration to Canada?
Please consult the following resources about settlement in Canada:
• For information on language assessment and training, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/before-language-training.asp
• For information on employment, visit www.credentials.gc.ca and www.workingincanada.gc.ca
• For information on housing, education, health, important documents, and other topics, visit www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers
We trust that this information concerning your application for permanent residence in Canada is helpful.

High Commission of Canada
Visa Section
Robinson Road, P.O. Box 845
Singapore
901645 Singapore
www.singapore.gc.ca
www.cic.gc.ca
Oh good for you Mikey! Hope to receive AOR2 too from Manila VO. How many months should we wait then? it sucks!
I'm sure you will get your AOR2 soon because you and I seem to have similar timelines, keep checking that email :)

wow it got there within 4 days? How close is Singapore to Canada , I wonder how long it will take for ours to get to Accra
Yeah, in 4 days! I'm really happy with that as I heard a lot of people took about two weeks just for AOR2

Calgary_Man

Dec 28, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M/New Delhi
NOC Code......
SPOUSAL VISA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-MARCH-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
AOR1- 23-JUNE-2014, AOR2 - 02-JULY-2014, IP - 19-SEPT-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
23-JUNE-2014
Med's Request
FILED WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
21 FEB 2014
Interview........
INTERVIEW - WAIVED, DM - 14 OCT, 2014
Passport Req..
13 OCT, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
OCT 21, 2014
LANDED..........
NOV 10, 2014
Step 1

Assessment of Person Being Sponsored (applicant)
Status available online
Spouse, common‑law partner or dependent child

44 days

Working on applications received on April 1, 2014

M

mikeymyke

Calgary_Man said:
Step 1

Assessment of Person Being Sponsored (applicant)
Status available online
Spouse, common‑law partner or dependent child

44 days

Working on applications received on April 1, 2014
Ugh, that's just awful. In a span of 3 weeks, the processing time went from 28 days to 44, and in 2 weeks, they went from working on apps from March 27 to just April 1, only moved up 4 days instead of 14. That really sucks, there must've been a large surge of applications in March/April.

This really stinks, you still haven't gotten your SA yet? You don't have any criminal history, welfare, anything that could make you ineligible right? Usually CIC may take more time to approve a sponsor if there are some issues that they need to go over again. I was upset before because I knew I had no issues, but yet mine was past the processing time.

Calgary_Man

Dec 28, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M/New Delhi
NOC Code......
SPOUSAL VISA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-MARCH-2014
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
AOR1- 23-JUNE-2014, AOR2 - 02-JULY-2014, IP - 19-SEPT-2014
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
23-JUNE-2014
Med's Request
FILED WITH APPLICATION
Med's Done....
21 FEB 2014
Interview........
INTERVIEW - WAIVED, DM - 14 OCT, 2014
Passport Req..
13 OCT, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
OCT 21, 2014
LANDED..........
NOV 10, 2014
nothing, it sucks to be on the waiting end for that long! ::)

alonekitchener

Apr 14, 2014
Koifish76 said:
I know you posted that you received two emails same day. One was from Ottawa. One stated it was being forwarded to Singapore. So now that you know that your file is still in Ottawa, was the first email a mistake do you think? I wish I could help you, but I'm still waiting for first AOR haha. However, my question to you is, why are applications being sent to Ottawa after Mississauga? I thought it was Mississauga, then Singapore. You are applying outland? Where is your intended residence when you land? Very curious indeed.
Hi KoiFish76,
This is speculation but I think this is what is happening. I am applying outland for my wife. My wife is from Bangladesh and has a Bangladeshi passport. I am born in Bangladesh but I have a canadian passport now as of 2013. My wife studies in the states on a f1 visa and all cases from the US gets processed in CPC ottawa. I think they sent me 2 because of this reason. One where her security will get checked in the USA and the other to singapore where her security will get checked in Bangladesh. This is just speculation. I guess I just have to be patient and wait. I will wait another 9 weeks and try to call the call centre every week. If there is no change maybe its time to get a immigration lawyer.
AloneKitchener

MrJB

Star Member
Jan 28, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2014
AOR Received.
10-4-2014 and 11-05-2014
File Transfer...
15/04/2014
Med's Done....
24-02-2014
Passport Req..
18-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
11-07-2014
LANDED..........
18/7/2014, PR Card arrived 10/9
I sent in additional info to Sydney today, some letters from friends and family and some insurance info to further boost my proof of relationship. I was panicking my original file wasn't enough proof, so once I got the sydney info I sent it in. Wish me luck!