+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MARCH 2014 OUTLAND APPLICANTS

LiamNorwich

Jun 9, 2011
Hey everyone we got my wife's passport back October 2nd with her COPR, great news. Please updated the spreadsheet for us. Hope those of you still waiting here back soon.

BunnyB

Star Member
May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 26 2014
Doc's Request.
received procedural fairness letter
AOR Received.
May 06 2014 , AOR2 Jun 03 2014
File Transfer...
May 08 2014
Med's Done....
Feb 22 2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Aug 28, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sept 30, 2014
LANDED..........
01 Dec 2014
After 196 days, we finally received our (me and my two children) COPR. ;D We are very excited and will be landing next month. Thanks to everyone here and best wishes to those still waiting. Please update spreadsheet for us!
Visa issued : Sept 30
DM: Oct 03
COPR received: Oct 08

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
21-05-2014...#2 - 10-06-2014
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Additional tests requested on 05-06-2014
Med's Done....
Feb. 2014 & August 5th 2014
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
24-MAR-2015...received at VO 6-APR-2015
Hey guys. Been in Costa Rica for about 2 weeks now. So nice to be back with my husband but wanting to take him home as soon as possible. We ordered gcms notes on sept 29th and I was just wondering what people are experiencing in regards to wait times for them. I feel like I remember reading that some people are waiting longer than the "required" 30 days. Let me know what your experiences are.

Check in my email everyday wanting to get home. I've only been gone 2 weeks but I'm really missing the conveniences of the first world. Normal washing machine and dryer, hot water running through the taps, weekly garbage pick up, not having to worry about ants. Seriously ants are everywhere it's driving me nuts. Lol oh yeah paved roads. Lol those are nice.

Hope everyone is doing well. Congrats to all who have had good news and for everyone else just keep thinking positive! It's our turn next!

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
agarand8 said:
Hey guys. Been in Costa Rica for about 2 weeks now. So nice to be back with my husband but wanting to take him home as soon as possible. We ordered gcms notes on sept 29th and I was just wondering what people are experiencing in regards to wait times for them. I feel like I remember reading that some people are waiting longer than the "required" 30 days. Let me know what your experiences are.

Check in my email everyday wanting to get home. I've only been gone 2 weeks but I'm really missing the conveniences of the first world. Normal washing machine and dryer, hot water running through the taps, weekly garbage pick up, not having to worry about ants. Seriously ants are everywhere it's driving me nuts. Lol oh yeah paved roads. Lol those are nice.

Hope everyone is doing well. Congrats to all who have had good news and for everyone else just keep thinking positive! It's our turn next!
Good to hear from you, I was wondering how you are doing. For me and others who posted on here, the email containing the GCMS notes came 30 days after mailing in the request form. The bad thing about the GCMS notes is that it usually doesn't tell you anything useful.

I'm sorry to hear about the undesirable living condition which you are experiencing in Costa Rica. Perhaps you should focus on taking care of yourself and your new born in Canada. Your husband will find his way to Canada within a few months.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
O_guy said:
Good to hear from you, I was wondering how you are doing. For me and others who posted on here, the email containing the GCMS notes came 30 days after mailing in the request form. The bad thing about the GCMS notes is that it usually doesn't tell you anything useful.

I'm sorry to hear about the undesirable living condition which you are experiencing in Costa Rica. Perhaps you should focus on taking care of yourself and your new born in Canada. Your husband will find his way to Canada within a few months.
Ok that's good. I do find it useful actually, I think that it would be of little use to people who get processed pretty quickly. For me I want to know what stage we are at and if we are recommended for an interview. The notes will show me whether or not the background checks have been started yet, and if someone has taken a look at our relationship evidence yet or not. I know it will give me a better idea of where we are at.

It's easy when I'm the person who will have the child with me to suggest that we separate, and after only being together for 2 weeks after being apart for almost 9 months. We would be fine, most of our relationship has been long distance; however, it's not fair to him as a father to say I need to leave again, we won't be apart for long you, won't miss much. I'm also not really sure he would be able to really understand my discomfort when he has lived this way his entire life, he might try but until he has been living in canada a while he won't really get it.

When you compare it's not really even an option. Like... Ok I'll have hot water, but he will miss her learn to crawl. If rolls were reversed there'd be no way I'd be ok with missing that.

I just have to tough it out. If he still doesn't have his visa by February I'm entertaining the idea of taking her back home and going back to work for the tax season.

turntopage47

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
I think it's kind of awesome that you're experiencing all of that now with him.
You'll remember what to point out to him when you get home in Canada (I pray that will be soon!)
I find otherworld countries to run at a much more relaxed pace than Canada does.
That might be just what the doctor ordered at this stage. Put your feet up and enjoy! :)

I'm really jealous that you get to be together before the PR is finalized.
Ants are really fascinating also. Maybe you can film a documentary about them and sell it when you get back

aminata2010

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-25-2014
AOR Received.
05/02/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
01/31/2014
Please update my info..got an email today stating to pay the RPRF.

aminata2010

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-25-2014
AOR Received.
05/02/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
01/31/2014
I plan to send the receipt via email..but it also says the sponsor MUST mail it to them..is that correct?

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aminata2010 said:
I plan to send the receipt via email..but it also says the sponsor MUST mail it to them..is that correct?
Yes, we sent the proof of payment with our original sponsorship application package.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aminata2010 said:
Please update my info..got an email today stating to pay the RPRF.
What part of the spreadsheet would you like me to update? Please take a look at the spreadsheet and let me know which column you want me to update.

agarand8

Aug 21, 2013
Regina, Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-03-2014
Doc's Request.
10-06-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
22-05-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-FEB-2015
Passport Req..
turntopage47 said:
I think it's kind of awesome that you're experiencing all of that now with him.
You'll remember what to point out to him when you get home in Canada (I pray that will be soon!)
I find otherworld countries to run at a much more relaxed pace than Canada does.
That might be just what the doctor ordered at this stage. Put your feet up and enjoy! :)

I'm really jealous that you get to be together before the PR is finalized.
Ants are really fascinating also. Maybe you can film a documentary about them and sell it when you get back
Lmao yeah I can do science experiments to see what kind of ants gather for different types of food, how fast they get rid of it and how many come. My husband is going to love it. Hahaha

Tkurdi

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
None
LiamNorwich said:
Hey everyone we got my wife's passport back October 2nd with her COPR, great news. Please updated the spreadsheet for us. Hope those of you still waiting here back soon.
Hi!

Congrats on your wife's visa!! I would like to ask how long you have waited to receive the visa from the time u got a DM status? And may I know where is your location and visa office pls?
I got decision made status last OCT 3 and until now I haven't received my passport and visa yet. I live in Dubai, UAE. Thanks in advance!

Tkurdi

Sep 1, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
None
MS.COLORS said:
Decision Made!!!!!!!!!!

E-cas was updated to DM today.
I guess I'll receive my passport with PR?
Hi, Congrats! I also got DM status last OCT 3. Have you received your passport and visa yet? May I know your location pls? I live in Dubai UAE and still waiting for my passport and visa.
Thanks!

Kysorb

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APR 2, 2014
AOR Received.
MAY 22, 2014
File Transfer...
MAY 26, 2014 <br>AOR2 Received: SEP 9, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SEP 24, 2014 <br>Decision Made: OCT 13, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
OCT 18, 2014
LANDED..........
NOV 10, 2014
Tkurdi said:
Hi!

Congrats on your wife's visa!! I would like to ask how long you have waited to receive the visa from the time u got a DM status? And may I know where is your location and visa office pls?
I got decision made status last OCT 3 and until now I haven't received my passport and visa yet. I live in Dubai, UAE. Thanks in advance!
This depends on the visa office.. With Beijing and documents being sent inside China its usually within the week.