waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
aminata2010 said:
Question, I am actually visiting my husband end of August, So I am thinking of getting it done at that time at a local police station. Right now its about 200 to get it done in the USA( electronically)..do you think thats a good idea.
yeah for sure... if it saves you money! Just double check how long it will take for the record to come back, to be sure you can send it to CIC before your deadline in september.

Jojo66

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 24, 2014
AOR Received.
May 1, 2014 &SA
File Transfer...
May 1, 2014
Med's Request
w/App.
Med's Done....
March 15, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 11, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 23, 2014
LANDED..........
Sept 2014
O_guy said:
Done! You are on Row 62 of the spreadsheet. Let me know if I have entered incorrectly any of your dates.
All looks good! Thanks!

aminata2010

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-25-2014
AOR Received.
05/02/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
01/31/2014
Yea i called and found out it can take up to 12 business days..and they send it back to you, and you mail it back to CIC so it looks like it will not be a good idea..

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
aminata2010 said:
Yea i called and found out it can take up to 12 business days..and they send it back to you, and you mail it back to CIC so it looks like it will not be a good idea..
can you change your travel plans to arrive earlier?

aminata2010

Star Member
Jun 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-25-2014
AOR Received.
05/02/2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
01/31/2014
that is def an option :)

angryrectangle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
agarand8 said:
Hi everyone. I have been inactive for about 2 weeks or so I think. The last week of my pregnancy was not fun and I just had my baby yesterday at 5am. 9lbs 14oz 52cm and no pain meds O_O. I'm still in the hospital but I'm supposed to go home tomorrow sometime.

I just read like 10 pages of this thread to try to catch up. A lot of people are getting ppr and copr. I'm so happy for you guys! Noticing O_guys comment above it looks like most of us mods have been busy so I'm guessing the spreadsheet is pretty behind for updates. Don't worry I will get to that when I have some time when I get home, it's really crappy using google docs on an iPad so I need my desktop computer.

As for my personal application updates, I had to mail Gerald a sealed envelope for him to take to the panel physician to get more med tests done, canada post is a gem and misplaced it for a couple of weeks but they did find it at some point and according to the tracking online it should be to Gerald by this week. Then he has until September 5th to get those tests done. Because of my pregnancy and energy levels in general I decided not to send in an update package or relationship proofs. I should be getting some gcms notes soon though and I still need to write a letter announcing the birth of this baby and email it to the Mexico office. So that's where we stand, I assume Mexico is waiting on all of the medical stuff before they go any farther. When I get home I'm going to write that baby announcement letter and probably request another set of the gcms notes.

And I was trying to figure out how to add a pic to this post but I was unable to do so. If someone would PM me instructions, I will post one!

Have a good day everyone!
Congrats!! Hope the baby is happy and healthy, and that your husband gets to meet him soon :)

I just ordered my notes today! How long should I expect to wait for them?

ytweety

Jul 17, 2014
Cairo, Egypt.
Category........
Visa Office......
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Mar 2014
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
21 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
upfront meds done
My husband is Canadian, I am his wife from Cairo. Our file was received by CIC in Mississauga(outland application) on 25 March 2014. It is 17 July, 2014 today and we still haven't heard anything back from them on step 1; his assessment as a sponsor. Is that normal?? The website mentions that this step 1 takes 55 days, we have exceeded 3 months and our status is still "Application received on March 25,2014"

Can anyone advice please??? Is this delay in step 1 of sponsor assessment normal??

Thanks.

Obronibini

Jul 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2014 (Received as per tracking 21-03-2013)
AOR Received.
29-04-2014
File Transfer...
30-04-2014
Passport Req..
04-08-2014
ytweety said:
My husband is Canadian, I am his wife from Cairo. Our file was received by CIC in Mississauga(outland application) on 25 March 2014. It is 17 July, 2014 today and we still haven't heard anything back from them on step 1; his assessment as a sponsor. Is that normal?? The website mentions that this step 1 takes 55 days, we have exceeded 3 months and our status is still "Application received on March 25,2014"

Can anyone advice please??? Is this delay in step 1 of sponsor assessment normal??

Thanks.
that is not normal if you haven't got SA or Aor . Very strange . Your husband should call them to see what's going on with your application . Maybe they sent you an email or mail you never got . Did you guys check to make sure they got your file? Have you guys checked spam in your email ? Let him call cic or his mp right away. Edit: oops I read on your other thread it normal lol . Keep calling them or mp though

angryrectangle

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2014
File Transfer...
11-04-2014
Med's Done....
17-02-2014
Passport Req..
03-11-2014
Ugghh!! I'm feeling hopeless :(

As some of you may know, my husband and I are waiting out this process in Syria. This is, obviously, a warzone and we are living in the midst of it.

While we are still very early in the processing times, I feel our case is exceptional. I contacted my MP today only to be told they can't check on a file if it's still under normal processing times (aka 23 months) and that they stopped expediting Syrian applications when the embassy here closed, more than 2 years ago.

I don't know what to do, and I don't know if we can stay here another 20 months living like this :(

Miroku

Feb 19, 2014
angryrectangle said:

As some of you may know, my husband and I are waiting out this process in Syria. This is, obviously, a warzone and we are living in the midst of it.

While we are still very early in the processing times, I feel our case is exceptional. I contacted my MP today only to be told they can't check on a file if it's still under normal processing times (aka 23 months) and that they stopped expediting Syrian applications when the embassy here closed, more than 2 years ago.

I don't know what to do, and I don't know if we can stay here another 20 months living like this :(
I can understand what your going through. My wife is in Ukraine, in the eastern part where it's also classified a war zone. However the city she is in is still safe thankfully but her family has the car ready if anything gets to crazy and drive to the western part of Ukraine.

From my knowledge, the one thing that can be done is you go to an immigration laywer and have them send a letter from you regarding that your spouse is in a "hot zone" and for her to come to Canada for a 6 month period. There is a chance they can issue a visitor Visa for your spouse at the embassy with this letter. Or if your case is close to completion they will quicken the process.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I know someone who has done this when there husband was in a war zone.

nnair

Dec 15, 2013
Hello,

So from the discussion , I understand that I should be sending an Outland application form for my case. As we both are living and working in Canada, Would it be a good idea to request Visa processing at Ottawa rather New Delhi ( which is in my case, My visa office). We can produce our employment letter and pay stubs, can we request them to change the visa office and give them reason for it?

Also I wanted to ask about the dependent declaration form ( IMM0008DEP), What do we actually have to fll in this section. What if we don't have any dependents (which in my knowledge is children), should be put N/A in all sections and still send it? Same question for the use of representative form , though we are do not have any representative, do we still send the form?

We wanted to give our phone call details, but as we both live in Canada and are both on unlimited call plans, we are not able to get the call details? any suggestions what should we do? same goes with messages, though we have all the messages , but not sure how to print them.

Any help would be much appreciated

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
nnair said:
Hello,

So from the discussion , I understand that I should be sending an Outland application form for my case. As we both are living and working in Canada, Would it be a good idea to request Visa processing at Ottawa rather New Delhi ( which is in my case, My visa office). We can produce our employment letter and pay stubs, can we request them to change the visa office and give them reason for it?

Also I wanted to ask about the dependent declaration form ( IMM0008DEP), What do we actually have to fll in this section. What if we don't have any dependents (which in my knowledge is children), should be put N/A in all sections and still send it? Same question for the use of representative form , though we are do not have any representative, do we still send the form?

We wanted to give our phone call details, but as we both live in Canada and are both on unlimited call plans, we are not able to get the call details? any suggestions what should we do? same goes with messages, though we have all the messages , but not sure how to print them.

Any help would be much appreciated
CIC will send the application to the appropriate visa office per their protocols. Even if you request Ottawa on the form, there's no guarantee that's where it will be sent.

You do not need to include the dependant form or the represenative form if they do not pertain to you. There are 2 approaches people take: 1) they include the forms and just mark it with an n/a or 2) the checklist is marked with an n/a for those documents. For questions regarding dependants on forms you do fill out, just mark those questions with an n/a.

Your phone company should be able to provide you with a print out of your call history. It's probably also available on your online account or on your bill. What you can do is highlight the calls between your phones and inlcude it as part of your proof. I can't provide advice on text messages.

O_guy

Aug 11, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angryrectangle said:

If I were in your shoes, this is what I would do:
1. Return to Canada.
2. Walk in my PM office, turn on tape recorder and request assistance with this matter.
3. Since the useless MP will not do anything, take the tape to the newspapers. The star has run several stories about specific immigration problems. Newspapers like human interest stories, especially when it is an average person Vs the big and bad Government department. If you can get your story in the newspaper like others have, it will put pressure on both the immigration and your useless MP.

ytweety

Jul 17, 2014
Cairo, Egypt.
Category........
Visa Office......
Egypt
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Mar 2014
AOR Received.
21 Aug 2014
File Transfer...
21 Aug 2014
Med's Done....
upfront meds done
Obronibini said:
that is not normal if you haven't got SA or Aor . Very strange . Your husband should call them to see what's going on with your application . Maybe they sent you an email or mail you never got . Did you guys check to make sure they got your file? Have you guys checked spam in your email ? Let him call cic or his mp right away. Edit: oops I read on your other thread it normal lol . Keep calling them or mp though
We have checked all our emails and mails but received nothing. We called them they said "still processing". I believe it is not normal at all despite the comment on the othe thread. Our only remaining channel is the MP.

It's all extremely sad and depressing!! After we figure out the issue with this delay, I have to wait almost a year for the papers to process for step 2 at the Canadian embassy in Cairo.

Very depressing...

Zarilenth

Oct 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2014
File Transfer...
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2014; COPR received 27-06-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
ytweety said:
We have checked all our emails and mails but received nothing. We called them they said "still processing". I believe it is not normal at all despite the comment on the othe thread. Our only remaining channel is the MP.

It's all extremely sad and depressing!! After we figure out the issue with this delay, I have to wait almost a year for the papers to process for step 2 at the Canadian embassy in Cairo.

Very depressing...
Was your husband ever on welfare or social assistance? That would cause a delay for sure. One of the applicants in January had to wait 86 days for Sponsorship Approval because of this. It is normal, I'm sorry that's not what you want to hear. Sometimes they just do background checks into the Sponsor :(