+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2014 applications

meeemeee

Star Member
Feb 28, 2014
polarbear said:
Yes, Order for CBSA record and keep it with you. It is just 5$. You will get it in 4 to 6 weeks.

Take it to your interview, when the officer checks your passport, just hand it over to the officer.

It is nothing wrong in ordering one. It comes under "Right to Information Act".

All the Best 8)
Hi Polarbear

I did my request under the Privacy Act to Canada Border Services Agency(it is free), I received the travel report. Is this report the same or I need to apply under "Right to Information Act"?

Thanks

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polarbear said:
Hello Nomi2012:

Check this: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency-agence/reports-rapports/pia-efvp/atip-aiprp/req-dem-priv-eng.html

all the best :)
Hey,

I applied in the family category....(for myself and 2 kids -ages 7 and 11)

Should I apply for 3 different reports .......???/

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
meeemeee said:
Hi Polarbear

I did my request under the Privacy Act to Canada Border Services Agency(it is free), I received the travel report. Is this report the same or I need to apply under "Right to Information Act"?

Thanks
Yes, it is the same, as far you have all the entry records to Canada in the report.
all the best :D

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
Nomi2012 said:
Hey,

I applied in the family category....(for myself and 2 kids -ages 7 and 11)

Should I apply for 3 different reports .......???/
Yes, you should have 3 different reports. :-X

amnarb

Sep 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had my test today at scarborough (September 12) and got the oath letter immediately after the interview. The officer only asked to see a few documents and seemed pleased that I brought my cbsa report. I got 19/20 on the test and the oath is scheduled for September 23. I'm surprised the process has been so quick!

u4g5

Champion Member
Oct 24, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amnarb said:
I had my test today at scarborough (September 12) and got the oath letter immediately after the interview. The officer only asked to see a few documents and seemed pleased that I brought my cbsa report. I got 19/20 on the test and the oath is scheduled for September 23. I'm surprised the process has been so quick!
congrats! however, i think CIC lacks of consistency in its practice bcuz some test takers need to go home and wait another 2-3 months while some r given oath notice right away.

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polarbear said:
Hello Informatics:

First specify clearly from which period to which period you need travel history information's, then include the following..........,
Should I order CBSA

a) from my date of arrival to date I applied for citizenship

or

b) from my date of arrival to present?

******In Addition,
can I order ATIA (which is $5), as well as Privacy Act (which is free)? Do I need to?

Thanks

dp2014

Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomi 2012, please order for the last 4 years, so you are covered for the entire span.

dp2014

Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amnarb said:
Congrats. I am also going to Scarborough for test. Did the officer give you any choices for the oath date? Have you seen somebody requesting any specific timeframe.. like either October or January etc? I have a mandatory travel coming up...

amnarb

Sep 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dp2014 said:
Congrats. I am also going to Scarborough for test. Did the officer give you any choices for the oath date? Have you seen somebody requesting any specific timeframe.. like either October or January etc? I have a mandatory travel coming up...
I didn't get a choice in the oath date, but I didn't object to it either. I'm sure you can ask for a different date then the one that is assigned, but i'm not sure if that will result in a delay.

Nomi2012

Sep 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dp2014 said:
Nomi 2012, please order for the last 4 years, so you are covered for the entire span.
Thanks dp2014!!!

One more thing...I was on vacation from july to august 2014, 4 months after i applied for citizenship grant. This is why, i just wanna request for those 1095 days...

Does it make sense?

yoyojojo

Aug 25, 2014
updated:
received march 7, 2014
in process: apr17, 2014
called cic today: they send letter on today, sept 15,2014, show the test on sept 29, 2014

process office: Niagara Falls.

carluccio

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yoyojojo said:
updated:
received march 7, 2014
in process: apr17, 2014
called cic today: they send letter on today, sept 15,2014, show the test on sept 29, 2014

process office: Niagara Falls.
Congras

dp2014

Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomi2012 said:
Thanks dp2014!!!

One more thing...I was on vacation from july to august 2014, 4 months after i applied for citizenship grant. This is why, i just wanna request for those 1095 days...

Does it make sense?
I think you should have the start date as when you want them to start counting the eligible number of days. when CBSA pulls the report, does not matter what is the start date. And also remember, the report has only entry to Canada.