+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

March 2012 Applications

Mar 8, 2012
No, it never changed, so don't rely on it as I've heard sometimes they don't update the status

Waiting:) said:
Congrats superslomotion! Can you please share if ur status ever changed to "medicals received"

Thanks

ujbaby

Champion Member
May 21, 2011
toronto,on
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14/08/2012. Sydney received on 17/08/12
AOR Received.
september 8th 2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
Aug-07-2013
Med's Done....
Aug-22-2013, dependents 28-08-13
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
september 6th 2013, cic received on sept 10th, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
05/09/2013
LANDED..........
November 2nd, 2013
Will never forget this day... Got my PPR today!
Congrats dear.. Xmas is all urs to celebrate :) :)

samleb

May 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-april-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
iam from middle east this is why i guess it's taking forever. i havent even received my file number

tdcec

Star Member
Aug 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
AOR Received.
06-09-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Documents
Med's Request
02-05-2013 (RPRF received on 01-05-2013)
Med's Done....
08-05-2013 (Sent by Doctor to CIC on 21-05-2013) (Received by CIC on 25-05-2013)
Interview........
Waived (Decision Made - 31-05-2013)
Passport Req..
28-05-2013 (Received by CIC on 04-06-2013)
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2013
LANDED..........
24-06-2013
Will never forget this day... Got my PPR today!
Congrats, if you dont mind, can you please share your time lines?

pongpong

Star Member
Apr 15, 2011
I got my passport back with the visa and COPR today. Im so happy and GOD IS GOOD! I will call CIC to book an appointment for landing.

radd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp- Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 29, 2012
AOR Received.
June 21,2012
Med's Request
September 20, 2012
Med's Done....
October 1, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 31, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
November 15, 2012
LANDED..........
December 2, 2012
pongpong said:
I got my passport back with the visa and COPR today. Im so happy and GOD IS GOOD! I will call CIC to book an appointment for landing.
Thats great!! Keep us informed. I mailed mine on Nov.5th.

Radd

ak1737

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
Med's Request
11-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2013
LANDED..........
08-06-2013
TRT 17 said:
HI ak1737
what info we need to send them like .... for (inquiry after 120 days )
Hi TRT17,

Just make sure you include the file number/AOR Number in the email. But I am telling you from now, you will get the same reply that we go.

My ecas was updated to "In process" and it is saying that they started processing my application on October 31 and until now I didn't get any medicals or anything :(

I don't know what to do or who can we talk to to know what are the statuses of our applications...

Chicken76

Mar 19, 2012
Hi All,

wow seeing guys getting already their PPR is very encouraging. ;D

We have received our medical request on Sept. 24th but were not able to see the doctor before next week due to business trips etc..

Now, we have another problem. My wife is pregnant again and she doesn't like to do the x-ray during her pregnancy.

Did anyone have the same problem? For sure we will talk to the doctor but I was wondering how Canada Immigration will react when the x-ray hasn't been done.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Markus

ak1737

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-03-2012
AOR Received.
03-07-2012
Med's Request
11-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-04-2013
Passport Req..
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
30-05-2013
LANDED..........
08-06-2013
Hi Checken 76,

I am in the same situation but I am still waiting for the Medicals. I don't know what to do after the I receive the medicals.

But I contacted one of the eligible doctors and I was told that when doing the medicals and if your wife is pregnant, then there will be a checkbox on the medical form saying that wife is pregnant, and as a result, the x-ray will be postponed till after the delivery of the baby. Then you will need to submit the baby birth certificate along with the IMM family form and then your wife can do the X-Ray. CIC will put our files on hold until our wives complete the X-Rays.

Also, your file can't be processed for you only as your wife is a dependent on you and both your files will be processed together.

crosswinds

Nov 8, 2012
I submitted my application for immigration to Canada under the Federal Skilled Worker class in 2010. On January 9, 2012, I received a mail from the Consulate General of Canada, Buffalo, requesting to complete my medical examination and pay a Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF). On January 19, 2012, I completed my medical exams. On January 20, 2012, I mailed my RPRF to the Consulate in Buffalo.

When I heard that the Buffalo visa office is closed, I inquired about my application file to Case Processing Pilot in Ottawa on October 31 and I received the following email asking me to send my passport to the Consulate in Detroit. They also informed me that I should send my passport within 2012 since my medical reports will expire in January 2013. I have plans of traveling to Boston (end of November) and to India (end of December) and I am concerned that I may not get back my passport in time. When I asked them if I can go to the Consulate in Detroit and get my landing visa on the same day, they replied that I will get it on the same day only if I have received a "Ready for Visa" letter. Unfortunately my email does contain these words. Following is the email:

"Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa
219 Laurier Ave. West, 7th floor, section B
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 1L1
Canada

UCI: xxxxxxxx Application: Bxxxxxxxxx CAIPS
Email: abc@xyz.com

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete.

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY ALL OF THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION BEFORE PROCEEDING FURTHER. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE FINALIZED AT THE CANADIAN CONSULATE GENERAL IN DETROIT (USA). IF YOU STILL HAVE ANY QUESTIONS AFTER REVIEWING ALL THE STEPS IN THIS LETTER, YOU MAY CONTACT THE CONSULATE GENERAL OF CANADA IN DETROIT BY FOLLOWING THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THIS WEBSITE.

1. Did your family composition change since our last correspondence?

• Have you married or divorced?
• Have you given birth or adopted a child?
• Do you intend to get married or divorced prior to becoming a permanent resident?
• Do you intend to give birth or adopt a child prior to becoming a permanent resident?

If any of these conditions apply, your new spouse and/or children must be added to your application and be found admissible to Canada before permanent resident visas can be issued. Failure to declare additional dependants such as a spouse or children before you become a permanent resident could result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa. Once your file is closed, you would be required to submit a new application and pay new processing fees. Any new application would be assessed under the Act and Regulations in force at the time of its submission.

In the event that you do have additional dependants to add to or remove from your application, you should immediately advise the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (“CPP-O”). You will be asked to submit evidence such as a copy of the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption certificate or a letter advising when and where the marriage, divorce, birth or adoption is expected to take place. Do not undertake any other steps until CPP-O indicates that you can proceed with the rest of these instructions.

If none of these conditions applies to you, you may proceed below.

2. Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)

Every principal applicant and his/her accompanying spouse/common law partner are required to pay a Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) in the amount of 490 Canadian or American dollars. The RPRF is a separate fee that must be paid in addition to the processing fees that you have already paid.

If you have not already paid the RPRF, it must be submitted in the form of a money order, certified cheque or bank draft payable to the “Canadian Consulate General”. Please write your application number on the back of the certified cheque, money order or bank draft. The RPRF will be refunded if for any reason you do not immigrate to Canada.

3. Passport(s)

If you are a citizen of a country that is required to obtain a visa to visit Canada, you are required to submit your original passport and the original passport of any accompanying family member. If you are a citizen from a country that is exempted to obtain a visa to visit Canada under Regulation 190 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, you are only required to send a copy of your passport and of the passport of any accompanying family member.

To find out if you are visa-exempt or not under Regulation 190, consult this CIC webpage.

We require a VALID passport for you and for every accompanying family member. Passports for you and all accompanying family members must be submitted together. There must be at least one blank visa page in each passport. If there are children included in your passport there must be blank visa pages for them as well. Please note that Immigrant visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports.

4. Photographs

You must submit two (2) recent passport-sized photographs of yourself and of each accompanying family member that meet the requirements stated on this webpage.

You must also specify on an additional piece of paper your height and eye colour and the height and eye colour of every accompanying family member.

5. Visa and Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5688) Validity

The issuance of your visa(s) cannot be delayed so it is important for you to submit your passport(s) and pay the RPRF as soon as possible, if you have not already done so. An expiration date (dd/mm/yy) will be indicated on your visa and/or on your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR – IMM 5688), and you must obtain permanent residence on or before that date. The visas and CoPR cannot be extended. If you are not prepared to live permanently in Canada immediately after your permanent residence is granted, please consult the CIC website regarding your obligations to retain your status in Canada.

6. Send your documents to the Canadian Consulate General in Detroit

Your passport(s) and your RPRF payment (if not already paid) must be submitted within the next 30 days to the Consulate General of Canada in Detroit.

Please include a copy of this letter with your submission.

To find out how to send your documents to Detroit, click the following link and read the mailing instructions.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.

Case Processing Pilot - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement Pilote – Ottawa – DS01608
Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada
219 Laurier Avenue West Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 | 219 avenue Laurier Ouest
7th Floor | 7ème étage, Section B
Ottawa ON K1A 1L1 Canada
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-946-6059
"

So I think I am in trouble because I think I won't get my visa on the same day, so I have to mail my passport. But I cannot mail it since I am not sure when they will return it (I need my passport for my trips to Boston and India). And if I wait till January, then my medical will expire.

Please suggest what should I do.

ONAP

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-03-2012
Doc's Request.
05-09-2012
AOR Received.
01-06-2012
Med's Request
06-09-2012
Med's Done....
12-09-2012
Passport Req..
22-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2012
LANDED..........
25-10-2012
Hi crosswinds,

please try contact Detroit office if you can through mail or phone as you should be able to get your visa either on tuesday or thursday.

I did check my mail just to make sure and only subject line has VISA READY but nothing in the mail content about visa ready so I am hoping you can walkin either on tuesday or thursdays.

may be give a try?/

thanks
ONAP