+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Tread for English Speakers - join here!

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm
Hwseyl said:
Heh GT,

If you're still hanging around here can you tell me what you needed for the app A. We are next in line it looks like but still waiting. My husband is off on a business trip next week out of country and I was wondering what we need to send in with app A so we can get it ready in case he's gone and the letter comes.

By the way, did it come by regular mail? And do you send it back by regular mail?

Heather
Heather, all that Appendix A( PHL) is for, in case any changes to address. Address on Appendix A is where CEM will return COPR to. We sent in photos with request just to be sure.

Hwseyl

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Yokohama
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 23, 2013
Doc's Request.
30-6-2014
Med's Done....
Nov 1, 2013
Passport Req..
30-6-2014
gt_65 said:
Hey Heather - sorry did not see this earlier. Not much was needed. There is some information to fill out - name, passport info for all dependants, address and phone number. Passport photos are required, but if you sent them in already, you won't need to. It came via email. And sent back via courier, so we knew when it got to the VO office. Hope this helps!
Thanks GT. I got mine but it also came with a letter saying that they didn't believe that I would return to Canada with my husband. I'm furious and have no idea how to document our intent. Did send in emails between a potential employer and myself and emails between real estate agents and myself here in Japan. What I'm having the most trouble with is we have three young children and I only work part time here. My plan was to not work for the first six months or so after arriving in Canada so I could look after all the hoopla involved with settling my husband and children into Canadian life. But immigration is almost forcing me to look for work to prove our intention. And they call themselves the Family Reunification Unit??

Anyway no photos requested (sent 9 in with the original application) and sent app A by EMS. Still waiting for it to arrive. Post Office said two days but it's been four now.

Heather

melon82

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 06, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan. 04, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
June 26, 2014 In Process Aug. 04, 2014 Decision Made Sep. 01, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 03, 2014
LANDED..........
Sep. 12, 2014
Hi guys, how is everyone here, i hoe you and your families are good. I know this question has been answered here before. But i wanted to ask you guys in my own case. Here's our case:

My wife received her passport request from Canadian Embassy in Manila this past Friday (only took us 4 months of waiting Smiley Grin)). She has sent passport along with photos and Appendix A form to embassy as of this past Monday June 30th, 2014. How long will it take to get passport with visa back, some folks saying 2 weeks some saying a month. Can anyone let me know from their own personal experience or family member if it happened so fast then it shouldn't take that long right?), thank you so much and God Bless.

P. S. I am Canadian citizen, our medical and everything has been submitted and done already, so its a final stage just want to know from you guys how long, thank you

Sincerely Alex from Toronto Smiley

dollinexile

Aug 12, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 7, 2013
AOR Received.
DEC 9, 2013
File Transfer...
JAN 9, 2014
Med's Done....
OCT 2, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
JUNE 19, 2014 IN PROCESS: JULY 10, 2014 DM: JULY 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 26, 2014
LANDED..........
SEPT 16, 2014
melon82 said:
Hi guys, how is everyone here, i hoe you and your families are good. I know this question has been answered here before. But i wanted to ask you guys in my own case. Here's our case:

My wife received her passport request from Canadian Embassy in Manila this past Friday (only took us 4 months of waiting Smiley Grin)). She has sent passport along with photos and Appendix A form to embassy as of this past Monday June 30th, 2014. How long will it take to get passport with visa back, some folks saying 2 weeks some saying a month. Can anyone let me know from their own personal experience or family member if it happened so fast then it shouldn't take that long right?), thank you so much and God Bless.

P. S. I am Canadian citizen, our medical and everything has been submitted and done already, so its a final stage just want to know from you guys how long, thank you

Hi Alex. I saw your post in the general Philippines thread. I think we applied around the same time, yes? December? Actually right now, observing the "trend" they are working on some September applicants. But, its really hard to assume. Some got their visas waay earlier ahead from everybody, some, medicals had expired already but are still waiting. But, for the most of it, before the medical expires, they're trying to get it done. Lets all just hope that before our medicals expires, we'll be hearing from them.

melon82

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 06, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan. 04, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 03, 2014
LANDED..........
Sep. 12, 2014
dollinexile said:
Hi Alex. I saw your post in the general Philippines thread. I think we applied around the same time, yes? December? Actually right now, observing the "trend" they are working on some September applicants. But, its really hard to assume. Some got their visas waay earlier ahead from everybody, some, medicals had expired already but are still waiting. But, for the most of it, before the medical expires, they're trying to get it done. Lets all just hope that before our medicals expires, we'll be hearing from them.
thank you so much for your answer, lots of folks who were sponsored here and replies i heard told me that the most it should take is 2 to 3 weeks for passport to be returned, i mean we only waited for 4 months, last Friday they gave us that notice to send PPR to them. U right Manila embassy takes their own time sometimes for some reason.

This is what one person asked and the other one answered on the forum and i quote:

Help please. We got an email from the embassy for passport request. We preferred to send it to them on April 27th. How long will it take to receive our VISA and our mom's confirmation of permanent resident?

Thank you Smiley

Depends on where the return address is in the application. You were given a timeline until when/within when to submit your PPs in your PPR letter right? And in that same PPR letter - there is a statement there that reads the duration within where CEM will endeavor to return - can you check that statement? Usually the range specified by CEM is to return the PPs within 90 days - it may differ from applicant to applicant.

Typically if the return address is outside of the PH then the return time ranges from 3 - 5 weeks (based from returns to applicants from ME and Canada who posted here). Typically if the return address is in the PH - return times are much faster, 2-3 weeks or even a week less - depends on the location (MM vs provinces) - based on the posts here. This assumes no more added verification on the information in your PPs against that included in the application and in the supporting docs (i.e change in marital status, birth of a child, change of address, etc.)

Note return times could be counted from the time the PPs are received by CEM (CEM may differ Smiley ), so if you have a tracking receipt when you couriered your PPs, then add 1-2 days for CEM to open the package, and then start to verify the details in the passports against the information in the application, print COPRs and stamp the passports and send the PPs back.

What are your thoughts on that? Please let me know and take care

dollinexile

Aug 12, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 7, 2013
AOR Received.
DEC 9, 2013
File Transfer...
JAN 9, 2014
Med's Done....
OCT 2, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 26, 2014
LANDED..........
SEPT 16, 2014
Hi Alex,

I don't really know about that. Haha. Maybe, I'm just lowering my expectations a bit? I would want to think that by the end of this month, I would already get my visa. But knowing how erratic CEM is, its better not to expect anything. I got into thinking that since my husband and I applied on December, I would be hearing something from them on December as well and get my visa on February next year. But when my PPR came, it was such a joy. :)

One thing, yes, it is also possible to receive a call from the embassy stating that your wife needs to pick up her visa instead of having it sent by courier service, if she just lives nearby. But I read in the general Philippines thread that somebody picked her visa at the embassy kus she just lives nearby and met a person that is from Iloilo (an hour plane ride away from Manila) who hurriedly went to Manila to pickup her visa.

Its hard to predict and preempt anything with Canadian Embassy Manila. But, man. 4 months into the process is a big leap compared to what the others had gone through. You're one lucky guy. :)

melon82

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 06, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan. 04, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 03, 2014
LANDED..........
Sep. 12, 2014
yes thank you so much for the words of wisdom and also inspiration i hope and pray you will get yours sooner than u expect i belive it will happen, look at one example among quite a few what people have posted as their timeline::

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Manila
App. Filed.......: August 21,2013
AOR Received.: August 26,2013
File Transfer...: September 13,2013
Med's Done....: Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........: Waived
Passport Req..: May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...: June 4,2014.
LANDED..........: June 24, 2014. 6:00 pm

U right though about Manila doing things their way and sometimes slow, one thing i learned in life, is that u have to believe and be always optimist, cause life throws so many negatives in you and u have to tell to "life" i am stronger than u in every single way. Yes my wife lives in San Fernando, Pampanga, so it surely gonna be mailed to her, unless she wants to pick it up in that case then she can do that.

By the way maybe u can tell me for example i know that now to buy ticket would be a bit pricy, any suggestions as to where to go and when is the best time and place to get one, at least maybe in your case or that you hear someone else bought theirs at good price and flight accommodation. Thank you so much and God Bless you and your family as well.

dollinexile

Aug 12, 2013
Manila, Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
MANILA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
DEC 7, 2013
AOR Received.
DEC 9, 2013
File Transfer...
JAN 9, 2014
Med's Done....
OCT 2, 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
JULY 26, 2014
LANDED..........
SEPT 16, 2014
Yes. I try as much to be as positive as possible on a day to day basis but I do make sure that I don't get my hopes up too high, I don't want to be heartbroken in the long and tedious process. :) with regard to tickets, my husband and I are still weighing whether to get tickets there in Yukon from a travel agency or book directly here in Manila.. In any case, I'll let you know if we get cheaper fares. :) God bless you too.

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
melon82 said:

Hello Alex. How long did CEM give your wife to supply PPR and Appendix A?
I think a lot depends on length of time given to supply request. For example: my wife had 10 days. Got VISA within 5 after sending in.
CEM is all over the board, no way to know for sure how long will take to receive VISA back.
Some from August 2013 still have'nt received VISA.
At 4 months wait, count your lucky stars. LOL
Good Luck

msa11

Jul 6, 2014
Hello all

I've been reading this forum for the last year and the info has been really helpful. our application is currently in process (after 15 months :mad:) and i have a question around the CFO seminar

my wife (filipina) and I (Canadian) met working on cruise ships and we were married in New Zealand while cruising. For the CFO seminar is states we need a "duly authenticated" original copy of our marriage certificate. I'm just wondering if anyone knows how we go about doing that ? When we were married in New Zealand we didn't register the marriage at the philippine consulate there as we didn't know that we needed to.

Just wondering if anyone had any idea how to go about getting the NZ marriage cert "duly authenticated"

thanks for any help / insight you can provide

Edgehead78

Dec 11, 2013
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2014
AOR Received.
01-03-2014
File Transfer...
04-03-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
20-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 15-12-2014 Visa 23-12-2014
LANDED..........
07-01-2015
msa11 said:
Hello all

I've been reading this forum for the last year and the info has been really helpful. our application is currently in process (after 15 months :mad:) and i have a question around the CFO seminar

my wife (filipina) and I (Canadian) met working on cruise ships and we were married in New Zealand while cruising. For the CFO seminar is states we need a "duly authenticated" original copy of our marriage certificate. I'm just wondering if anyone knows how we go about doing that ? When we were married in New Zealand we didn't register the marriage at the philippine consulate there as we didn't know that we needed to.

Just wondering if anyone had any idea how to go about getting the NZ marriage cert "duly authenticated"

thanks for any help / insight you can provide
I guess your marriage should be registered in New Zealand. You can get a copy of your marriage certificate online here: http://www.dia.govt.nz/Births-deaths-and-marriages
I think the CFO will accept this copy as it is issued by a governmental organization, just like NSO.

melon82

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 06, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan. 04, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 03, 2014
LANDED..........
Sep. 12, 2014
Step said:
Hello Alex. How long did CEM give your wife to supply PPR and Appendix A?
I think a lot depends on length of time given to supply request. For example: my wife had 10 days. Got VISA within 5 after sending in.
CEM is all over the board, no way to know for sure how long will take to receive VISA back.
Some from August 2013 still have'nt received VISA.
At 4 months wait, count your lucky stars. LOL
Good Luck
Hi there, thank you for your reply on our letter it stated within 45 days of receiving this letter, letter has been sent to us on June 26th, 2014, she sent everything on June 30th, 2014, thank you. So what do you think 2-3 weeks give or take, thak you so much :)

jolyn

Star Member
Nov 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2014
AOR Received.
07-02-2014
File Transfer...
13-02-2014
Med's Done....
06-12-2014
Passport Req..
08-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
26-09 -2014
LANDED..........
5-10-2014
hi forum friends i received a good news from CEM i need to send my passport, appendix a, and CSQ,, Im january applicant can i ask is it ok to send a photo copy only of CSQ?

Step

Jan 4, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 21,2013
AOR Received.
August 26,2013
File Transfer...
September 13,2013
Med's Done....
Upfront. July 13,2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 29,2014
VISA ISSUED...
June 4,2014.
LANDED..........
melon82 said:
Hi there, thank you for your reply on our letter it stated within 45 days of receiving this letter, letter has been sent to us on June 26th, 2014, she sent everything on June 30th, 2014, thank you. So what do you think 2-3 weeks give or take, thak you so much :)
I think your application will be "revisited" before the 45 days.No one can really say for sure, CEM is processing applications much faster now than previously.
Before many never received any word from CEM until about the 9 month mark, so if you have another month and a half wait still very fast.
You might be one of the lucky ones to be processed faster.
Good Luck, all you can do now is wait.
Unfortunately.

melon82

Star Member
May 5, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec. 06, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan. 04, 2014
Med's Done....
Nov. 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Sep. 03, 2014
LANDED..........
Sep. 12, 2014
Step said:
I think your application will be "revisited" before the 45 days.No one can really say for sure, CEM is processing applications much faster now than previously.
Before many never received any word from CEM until about the 9 month mark, so if you have another month and a half wait still very fast.
You might be one of the lucky ones to be processed faster.
Good Luck, all you can do now is wait.
Unfortunately.
I hear thank you so much for you deep insightful answer)))