+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Philippines Time line - Conjugal Partner - Male to Male, Female to Female

akire22

Feb 7, 2011
Re: Manila Philippines Time line - Conjugal Partner - Male to Male, Female to Fe

Hi all,

i am not sure if I'm in the right thread to post or something but I have a question about same sex partnership immigration laws in canada. Anyway, here's my situation:

I am currently a US resident but a Filipino citizen. I have a gf in the Philippines and since US immigration laws suck, I am looking at the option of moving to Canada and most certainly bringin my gf. I am not sure which Visa options we have to migrate to Canada.

As of now, my only knowledge is we/I can apply for skilled worker visa. We are both college graduate and a few years of work experience in IT.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

khuda22

Jun 16, 2010
Hello Everyone! I am so happy to see that there's a thread for conjugal partner ( same-sex) that would help each other ease the tension and provide help and details. I read all of your posts especially embojp ? I believe he is already in canada as of this time. Hoping he is still visiting this thread as I need help about his previous interview. Let me share you my story briefly, I am the applicant and my sponsor is from toronto. We are F2f, met her online on Jan 7 2008 and became exclusively on Jan 22, 2008. I tried applying under TRV 2x on 2008 under my sister sponsorship but unfortunately denied. Hence, we decided to meet personally in HK on March 2009 and she even invited my mother and grandma for 3days to meet them. After seeing each other, we decided to prepare our Conjugal application on Nov 2009. Our waiting game started Dec 7 2009 when Manila started processing our application.

January 29 was the last letter I received from them asking additional proofs if our relationship is continuing. She visited me for 3 wks on Feb 2010 and submitted the additional proofs before she left on March 2010. From there we had been following up through email, not to mention that I personally went to Canadian embassy and had nothing but "In process". I was so devastated and depressed until my medical expired on September 2010. Dehydrated na nga ata ko pati dugo naluha ko na lolxyzz... To continue, me and my partner didn't stop contacting our MP, We even wrote to Mr kenny and complain about our situation. Until yesterday, I received a call from a beloved immigration officer scheduling me for an interview on Feb 28, 2011. Last friday my partner contacted our MP with frustration, luckily our MP called the Minister's office and really saw all our follow ups but without movement.

I think this helped a lot for them to open my application and got a schedule. Now I am happy yet anxious, I really don't know what will happen. I am confident that I can answer all their questions truthfully, however at the back of my mind there will always be what ifs? I am praying earnestly to GOD na mabait naman ang Visa officer parang kay embojp. It started to sink in just today when I read the posts. It's been a while when I opened this forum, most of the time I am a lurker in the other forum. I am getting my strenght from GOD, i know this is it and meant to be. I wish everyone here a wonderful life ahead with our loved ones. I hope frappi can provide details after her partner's interview and goodluck of course I know she will be approved. BTW my partner is from TORONTO as well. God bless us all :)

teannajoan

Aug 3, 2009
Hello khuda... i happened to open this thread by accident. thinking it was for all manila applicants irregardless of gender (same sex or male/female partnership), it doesnt matter really. Anyways, ive read your case and it is very similar to that of mine. more or less we have the same timeline. I am a filipina married to a canadian. We submitted our application last august 2009, manila started processing september 24, 2009... got passport request a month after which was october 2009 and after a series of new documents requested i finally had my interview last november 22, 2010. At the conclusion of the inteview the VO indicated that she approved my application as all proofs were infront of her. She requested for both me and my son's passport whch was funny coz it has been with them since i submitted it promptly a year ago when requested. heheh. I told her our passports has been with them for more than a year. Thats when she went through the files infront of her, opened the manila envelope containing our passports. (surely they dont really check documents we sent over upon their request, kinda frustrating coz we go through heck acquiring requested documents soonest to beat the 45days required for submission only for it to be dumped and set aside). Then she asked for my nso marriage contracts and the advisory of marriage which i did secure prior. I was so relieved when she said she will approve my application. However, she requested for remedical for obviously with the rate they are doing their jobs and the manner they handle cases, the medical i submitted upon application expired as validity is only for a year. She then told me as soon as my remedical is done, she can even issue us our visas by december. As my flight back to my province was in two hours, instead of letting me wait for the remedical forms she said she will send it to me instead. I flew back home that night very happy. Waited for the remedical forms but it arrived December 9, 2010. I had my remedical at the same designated medical doctor as required on dec 13 and 14, 2010.. the dmd clinic sent it out december 17 and embassy received it december 20, 2010. To date, no word from them though on ecas after a year and 3 months of "we started processing your application september 24,2009" early january 2011 there was finally an update of "medical results have been received"! Now its february and still we are waiting for our visas. We emailed manila embassy once last january 10 for an update and extended our help if there were any further documents they require. We only got the electronic email reply acknowledging receipt of the email and that they will reply regarding our case in 28 days. Its already been more than a month now. so frustrating.

So mam am writing you coz you mentioned having sought the help of your partner's MP in canada. My hubby did call them once (that was before we got the interview schedule as we were already concerned regarding embassy holding on to passport for over a year already) but they cannot intervene with the processing, they can only get information as to the development of an application. Its been way pass their processing time... you think it would be wise to seek the help of our MP again? You also mentioned about your mp calling the ministers office? You mean the MP called the embassy? Please explain. Also you mentioned you did a lot of follow ups? or what do you mean you did a lot of follow ups? how did you follow up? do you mean you emailed embassy? you called? and how did you take record of your follow ups?

Also, i am messaging you to give you some pointers for the interview. It seems appropriate to share having gone through one. Well, first just dress up properly. Just semi formal attire and not too flashy. Dont wear too much make up and relax. Make sure you bring whatever additional documents you can get hold of that proves your relationship is genuine (other than those youve already submitted). Go to the embassy's information counter... inform them that you were scheduled for an interview, bring the letter or a print of the email they sent you informing you of your interview schedule as they will require that in exchange to an id that you need to wear on your way up to the visa section. You will be asked to surrender your cellphone or any electronics (digicams etc) in a safe. Once you are in the waiting area you wait for your name to be called and the window number. As you get in the room, greet the VO pleasantly and simply ask to take a seat. dont say a word unless she asks you. always reply back pleasantly with a yes or no answer unless its an open ended question. occassionaly address her or him sir or mam or officer! DONT volunteer to submit any documents if it is not being asked for. LOOK at the VO in the eyes when answering, occassionally give a smile. If you dont understand a question, politely ask for VO to repeat the question or admit that you dont understand and would appreciate it if he/she could rephrase it. JUST TELL THE TRUTH! with the truth there is no space for error or goofing.

Questions during my interview... i was asked when was the last time i was employed and she checked the datas i put in my history, asked who is sustaining me since i stopped working, asked if was able to meet any of my husbands family, i did tell her yes but not in person but through emails, calls, chat and letter correspondence, was asked if i have any idea where alberta is and that it was indeed very cold to which i agreed and told her my husband is doing a great job of preparing me for the winter season, was asked where my husband works and the nature of his job, and was asked about my son and my husbands relationship. I elaborated on the open ended questions as this is your chance to control the interview... this is when you can show you are well mannered and genuine to make a good impression.

That was it. After the VO uttered i will approve your application i just wanted to get out of there before she changed her mind! heheheh.

Sorry if this is such a novel now hehehe. hope i have helped you some. and i do look forward to hearing from you regarding my inquiries. God bless.

khuda22

Jun 16, 2010
Hi teannajoan! Nice to hear that you were already approved and just waiting for your visa to arrive. But it still frustrating having waited for almost a year and now you can't seem to relax without your passport with visa stamped heheeheh. Thanks for all the tips and advise it will surely help me prepare for the interview. It will also serve as pointers to others in line with interview.

I mentioned here that we didn't stop our follow up even if it takes to email mr kenny hehehe. Deep down i feel we have the right to complain about our situation with all the understanding and respect with regard to their processing time. I was advised by a friend in another forum to email Mr kenny and maybe he can give us assistance in our grueling situation. We are really groping in the dark until I received the schedule. I wrote to mr kenny and vent out all my sentiments about the process but in a pleasant way. Then we followed up with our MP again with disappointment and frustration. Perhaps, they felt our existence and point that we are already beyond the processing time. They initiated to call the minister's office to verify our status and saw that yes it wasn't moving after all the tons of follow ups we have sent them.

I believe it's the main reason why our application were pulled out from their filing cabinet I guess hehehe. Don't hesitate to email Mr kenny and seek for assistance, you have waited more than enough and have the right to complain. Yes, I recommend you to please contact your MP again and ask them to call the ministers office if possible so it can speed up the process. I would love to hear from you once you receive your visa. Congratulations and hopefully mabait ang VO na matapat sa akin :) God bless us all

teannajoan

Aug 3, 2009
Hello khuda22,

Would want to ask you contact details of mr kenny? btw my hubby is from alberta... so, would he be calling the mp's from alberta? also, when you mailed mr kenny, did he accommodate you? did he reply?

sorry for bugging you about this...

khuda22

Jun 16, 2010
teannajoan said:
Hello khuda22,

Would want to ask you contact details of mr kenny? btw my hubby is from alberta... so, would he be calling the mp's from alberta? also, when you mailed mr kenny, did he accommodate you? did he reply?

hi! this is the email of mr kenny> KenneJ@parl.gc.ca. yes he should contact his mp in alberta, use your hubby's zipcode http://www2.parl.gc.ca/parlinfo/compilations/houseofcommons/memberbypostalcode.aspx?menu=hoc this is the site. He didn't reply back but it was seen by the officer at the minister's office and told us that they will not be answering my email anymore since I already got a call from the embassy for my interview. Good luck and hope you get your visa soon!

frappii

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My partner just finished her interview and the officer APPROVED our application!!! ;D Thank you, Lord!!!

Details, coming soon.. :)

khuda22

Jun 16, 2010
frappii said:
My partner just finished her interview and the officer APPROVED our application!!! ;D Thank you, Lord!!!

Details, coming soon.. :)
Oh my! I am so happy for you! I've been waiting for your advise and been meaning to talk to you. Honestly I am really worried and thinking of what will happen to your partner today. I am scheduled on the 28th and I am really2 nervous. We are on a same boat . If it's not too much to ask, is it ok I can speak to your partner? Naiiyak na talaga ako sa takot, at least with this post nabuhayan ako :) I really hope to hear from you soon frappi! God is really good! Congrats!

raniloc

Dec 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13, 2011
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2011
AOR Received.
April 11, 2011
File Transfer...
April 24, 2011
Med's Request
Re-med Request : Jan. 25, 2012
Med's Done....
Re-med done : Feb 08, 2012
Passport Req..
April 11, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 29. 2012 ECAS DM - MARCH 5, 2012 , VISA RECEIVED: MARCH 3, 2012
LANDED..........
AUGUST 3, 2012
Finally, We submitted our application via DHL last Feb. 13, 2011. Package weight is 1KG.. ;D ;D. Me and my partner (M2M) are both excited and anxious. Every day we track the package currently en-route to Mississauga. I hope and pray our application will be successful. :)

precious123

Apr 13, 2010
teannajoan said:
Hello khuda22,

@teannajoan, any updates? Your inbox is full I cant send any message. You can erase some old message if you dont mind. Thanks

teannajoan

Aug 3, 2009
ngek... hi baby, no wonder i havent heard from you. was thinking i was bugging you to much. am glad you notified me about my inbox being full. didnt know i missed erasing some of our messages there. cge na nga sweetheart message me ha? am feeling so low these days.

hear from you k? love you baby sis. thank you for keeping intouch .

embopj

Aug 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
November 2010 Approve
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010
LANDED..........
February 2011 - snow storm
Hello Guys :p whats new ... supper lamig d2 sa Canada... SNOW STORM hehehe

embopj

Aug 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
November 2010 Approve
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010
LANDED..........
Im so happy marami na tutulungan ang forum ko.. just feel free to ask if u have questions, but make sure you have done reading the pass post on form so that its not repeated hehehe... basa basa lang mga kapatid...

Note ulit:

for evidence:
* more than 1 year realtionship
* emails/ airmails (12months) sana na save niyo lahat sulat niyo and print kung email
*join account (BDO dali mga Open kahit ka join account mo Canadian basta ikaw ang main holder ng account
)
*pictorial to the MAX special sa mga social occasions and family members
*much better kung nga travel kayo dalawa kahit local tour lang and save the (boarding pass and etickets)
*Last will and Investment (kailangan na ka lagay name mo sa beneficiary list) sa Canada alang problema kahit sino ilagay nila sa last will and investment d2 sa pinas imposible yon hehehe... kaya make sure young partner niyo na Canadian nilagay name niyo sa WILL or Investment
*mas makakatulong kung invite kayo ng partner niyo for TRV and decline kayo it means gumagawa kayo paraan para mga stay together (itago ang sulat ng denied letter)
*Interview much better kung kasama niyo partner niyo during interview kung ala siya during that day puwede naman ipaschedule sa pag dating niya.. pero kung di wala talaga siya during the interview make it sure ready partner niyo na tatawagan ng VO during that time.. kase mga coconfirm lang sila ng mag details sa mga isasagot mo during the interview.

haaaayyy ako na padali lang talaga during the interview kase during that time my partner is plan to visit manila kaya pina adjust ko interview ko and nga agree naman VO sa date. kaya APPROVE kami nga lumabas ng Office niya hehehehe...

then pag arrived ko d2 canada di narin ako tinanong sa immigration kase kasama ko rin siya hehehe na pa kadali ng buhay ko kase di ako nag ka roon ng problema. haaayyyy ganda d2 sa canada kaya lang sobra lamig hehehehe

embopj

Aug 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
November 2010 Approve
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010
LANDED..........
pag apprive na ito ma kikita niyo sa ECAS niyo

We started processing your application on (Date ex: May 1, 2010).

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

pag dumating na kayo Canada ito naman makikita niyo sa ECAS

We started processing your application on (date ex:May 1, 2010.)

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

You entered Canada at the Lester B. Pearson International Airport, Terminal No. 1 office on (date ex: January 1, 2011) and became a Permanent Resident.

embopj

Aug 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
November 2010 Approve
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010
LANDED..........