+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Philippines Time line - Conjugal Partner - Male to Male, Female to Female

kian55

Sep 15, 2022
Thanks for sharing Kian.... Follow up Questions:

1) When you applied TRV, did he mention about your relationship at all?
2) How much was his Proof of Funds?
3) Did you include a letter of Invitation for him?
4) What did he put as the purpose of his visit?

Sorry got a lot of questions.
Thanks Again!
1) The relationship was still at the level of "very good friends" and yes, this was mentioned in my letter of invitation for him.
2) POF on the part of my partner was less than $2500 Cdn at that time BUT..
3) in my letter of invitation for him, I mentioned that I would be providing accommodation, food and other expenses as a gracious host.
4) The purpose was to attend a social gathering for townmates who are now living in North America, first and foremost and then sightseeing. The social event was well-publicized and "known" to the Canadian embassy but unfortunately, his TRV application was still denied.

Reactions: Tintin and Snowy

spidermark

Dec 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
We're trying to prepare proofs for Conjugal Application just in case his TRV gets rejected.
I heard that its impossible to open a Joint Bank Account if both of us are not physically present in the bank to apply?
Is this correct? Are there any ways to open one that doesn't require me flying back there just to do it?

Is it going to be a problem if we dont have a joint bank account? Is there an alternative for this?
What other requirements did you guys submit in your conjugal application?

Thanks

Last edited:

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
We're trying to prepare proofs for Conjugal Application just in case his TRV gets rejected.
I heard that its impossible to open a Joint Bank Account if both of us are not physically present in the bank to apply?
Is this correct? Are there any ways to open one that doesn't require me flying back there just to do it?

Is it going to be a problem if we dont have a joint bank account? Is there an alternative for this?
What other requirements did you guys submit in your conjugal application?

Thanks
From my experience with banks in the PH they will not let you open a joint account without being there. They require signatures and copy of your passport. Some banks won't open an account for aliens who aren't PR's there, might be different if it is with a Filipino. Metrobank did for me many years ago but things might have changed. Maybe get your partner to go to a few banks to see if it's possible.

A couple of ideas. Have you sent any money to the PH, to your partners bank account, proof of that could be a connection. Getting your partner a supplementary credit card on one of yours would be another.

spidermark

Dec 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
Hi Guys

I think I am eligible now to sponsor my parents to come to Canada.
Just want to know if that can affect my future application for a conjugal sponsorship with my boyfriend?
Don't want to pass on this opportunity for my parents because Canada lowered the Income Requirement due to pandemic.
But I am too scared that it will hinder my bf's chances as well :C

Thanks in advance for the feedbacks.

spidermark

Dec 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
Any thoughts guys?

Partners can combine their income to sponsor parents but my partner isn't here yet.

The thing is, I am now eligible to get my parents but not sure if that will affect my plans of getting my partner through conjugal application within a year or two?

Should I grab the opportunity now to sponsor the parents?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Guys

I think I am eligible now to sponsor my parents to come to Canada.
Just want to know if that can affect my future application for a conjugal sponsorship with my boyfriend?
Don't want to pass on this opportunity for my parents because Canada lowered the Income Requirement due to pandemic.
But I am too scared that it will hinder my bf's chances as well :C

Thanks in advance for the feedbacks.
You can certainly enter the lottery when it opens and hope you are selected. No harm in doing that. If you are selected, you can then decide if you are going to move foward and sponsor your parents or not. Note that the program hasn't opened yet for this year and we therefore don't know what the income requirements will be for the last year of the qualifying period.

Sponsoring your parents will not impact your ability to sponsor your conjugal partner. Note that you must continue to meet the minimum income requirements to sponsor your parents while their application is being processed. So if you want to sponsor your conjugal partner but only have enough income to cover three people, you may have to wait until your parents' application is approved before sponsoring your conjugal parnter.

As said above, first step is to enter the lottery and see if you are selected (once the lottery opens).

Reactions: spidermark

dlramos08

Star Member
Apr 26, 2023
Manila, Philippines
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
Hi, just want to share our conjugal partner sponsorship journey here..We are both female, out ako sa family and friends ko but my partner (Sponsor) is not out sa parents, aunts, and uncles nya..sa ate, cousins and friends nya lang sya out..we've been together for almost 10 years..she moved to canada ng sept.2018 but a month before that I enrolled sa culinary school and I applied for TRV and na-approve naman..I visited her twice in canada before the covid-19 pandemic..

May 2022 we applied na ng sponsorship..we received PFL ng May this year, may doubt sila sa genuiness ng relationship namin and no immig barriers daw..

Wala kaming properties together except sa car namin but 1 name lang naman kasi ang allowed sa CR ng sasakyan, so name lang nya nandun..pero sinubmit parin namin yung rehistro ng car together with recent convos (translated to english), 16 heartfelt support letters from my whole family, her ate, her tito's exgf and some of our really close friends, makabagbag damdaming letters from the both of us explaining why we didn't live together when she was still here and why I didn't live with her in Canada for 12 consecutive months or get married when I visited her..copy nung profit sharing plan nya sa work na ako ung beneficiary..we also submitted bank statements reflecting yung mga pinapadala nya saakin na money every month plus old credit card statements na supplementary nya ako..our pictures & social media posts and tags thru the years (2013-2023) pictures with family and pictures with friends..I also included my diploma from the culinary school na pinasukan ko nung 2018, 2022 lang ako nakagraduate dahil sa pandemic..

Submitted pfl reply may 24 thru webform sa link included dun sa pfl but then hindi daw nila nareceive nung nag-ask kami sa Manila VO webform..so June 7, we submitted again..i also applied for ETA and na-approve naman..intially we decided na sa Canada na ako maghintay ng decision but may nakausap kaming friend na nagsponsor din ng conjugal before na nakareceive din ng PFL, sabi nya ininterview pa daw ung partner nya before naapprove so hindi muna kami nagbook ng ticket..Then today June 24(PH time and our monthsary) eligibility was completed sa pr tracker and may COPR details na tapos I received pre arrival services sa GC key..

Please check my signature for complete timeline..

Happy Pride month! Love wins!

Reactions: spidermark

spidermark

Dec 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
Hi Guys

Let's say that we got married here in Canada and I applied for Spousal Sponsorship in land.

Can he apply for Open Work Permit after receiving AOR? Just want to double check because that's what I saw from another thread.

Thanks in Advance!

Badge1

Star Member
May 3, 2023
Hi Guys

Let's say that we got married here in Canada and I applied for Spousal Sponsorship in land.

Can he apply for Open Work Permit after receiving AOR? Just want to double check because that's what I saw from another thread.

Thanks in Advance!
Yes.