+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Philippines Time line - Conjugal Partner - Male to Male, Female to Female

montreal2019

Oct 2, 2019
Opo samesex po kami. Salamat po. Maaring sure napo at maari rin pong hndi pa. Kasi nung may pre arrival po kami eh on going parin ang back ground check nya. So may possibity papo.. Pero atleast may relief kunti sa pagaantay po.

Yeah tama naman..apply po ba muna kayo ng TRV nya bago nag apply?o deretso na kayo apply ng conjugal?

kitkatmom

Oct 17, 2019
Manila
Category........
FAM
Hi guys need your help.

A bit of a background. My girlfriend is a PR in Alberta, Canada and has been living there since 2013. We met online through twitter early 2017 and has been in a relationship since July of the same year. We're both Filipinos and she's been coming to the Philippines every year for vacation so we could spend some time together. We're looking into her sponsoring me to come to Canada but we're wondering whether we have a strong case in proving our relationship..

We don't have a joint bank account nor properties under both our names but we do have each other on our life insurance beneficiaries (?) and she helps me financially when needed. She sends them to my bank account and this has been going on since 2017. We have photos together, photos of me with her family and vice versa but our families haven't been able to get together as my parents are not that quite accepting of our relationship due to religious reasons. They are aware of my preference and my relationship but always still says that I hope I change my mind. Her side of the family is quite supportive and are also in Canada with her. Close friends also know of our relationship but we're very careful when outing ourselves.

Also kind of scared, my parents are passionate members of a church where my dad is kind of an employee. If the church finds out about my relationship, my family might get kicked out of our house and be casted away from the rest the family since both sides are also church members. I'd rather have just myself casted away instead of them. I've been wanting to leave the church but due to my parents' wishes, I still go.

Also, we have more than 2 years worth of conversation through email, texts, messenger chats. Do all of these need to be translated?

Do you think we could make it with conjugal sponsorship?

Cheers and thank you all! ❤

montreal2019

Oct 2, 2019
Hi guys need your help.

A bit of a background. My girlfriend is a PR in Alberta, Canada and has been living there since 2013. We met online through twitter early 2017 and has been in a relationship since July of the same year. We're both Filipinos and she's been coming to the Philippines every year for vacation so we could spend some time together. We're looking into her sponsoring me to come to Canada but we're wondering whether we have a strong case in proving our relationship..

We don't have a joint bank account nor properties under both our names but we do have each other on our life insurance beneficiaries (?) and she helps me financially when needed. She sends them to my bank account and this has been going on since 2017. We have photos together, photos of me with her family and vice versa but our families haven't been able to get together as my parents are not that quite accepting of our relationship due to religious reasons. They are aware of my preference and my relationship but always still says that I hope I change my mind. Her side of the family is quite supportive and are also in Canada with her. Close friends also know of our relationship but we're very careful when outing ourselves.

Also kind of scared, my parents are passionate members of a church where my dad is kind of an employee. If the church finds out about my relationship, my family might get kicked out of our house and be casted away from the rest the family since both sides are also church members. I'd rather have just myself casted away instead of them. I've been wanting to leave the church but due to my parents' wishes, I still go.

Also, we have more than 2 years worth of conversation through email, texts, messenger chats. Do all of these need to be translated?

We’re kind of the same situation.. But we applied as common law partner ..

Innd

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Hi guys need your help.

Hi,

You cannot apply as of yet. You need to apply TRV first to try to visit her. Then if you got denied use all your resources to come to Canada and if that doesn’t work you can apply as a conjugal partner. Bear in mind that conjugal partner is the hardest to prove. You will need a lot of evidence to convince the officer that you’re in a real relationship. Keep all the records as much as you can. Airline tickets, boarding passes (when she came to visit you and also if you both travel together), passport pages that has stamps, money remittance, letters, cards from each other, perhaps encourage your friends and family to send you cards With your both names on it to establish that you’re indeed in a relationship. Letter from family members and friends (from her side since you mentioned that your family is against it) but if you can get some from your side too.. It would be awesome if you can notarized few of them. Open a joint account the next time she comes and visit you. Perhaps she can give you a secondary credit card.

Also when applying write a letter telling how your relationship began and how it progressed. Write down all the barriers that causing both of you not being together. If you got denied obtaining a visitor visa, that is one major reason already. Also, your family that is very religious and doesn't approve of your relationship. That you live in the country that same sex marriage is not legal yet. Those are the facts that you can say to your letter. Write from your heart. I'm pretty sure that this will help immensely on your application. What’s your hope and dream for your future. State that you want to be together as this long distance relationship is truly hard and you’re both suffering. Hope this help! Good Luck

Last edited:

spidermark

Dec 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
Just moving this thread up.

Questions:
1) Me & my partner are not out to anyone. Maybe theres 2 or 3 people knew, the rest probably have a clue. Will that be a problem if we decide to pursue the Conjugal route?

2) I finished reading the whole thread. I saw that Denied TRV application helped a lot. Is it okay if we will go direct to Conjugal without trying TRV first?

Thanks in advance for the answers.
Spidermark

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Just moving this thread up.

Questions:
1) Me & my partner are not out to anyone. Maybe theres 2 or 3 people knew, the rest probably have a clue. Will that be a problem if we decide to pursue the Conjugal route?

2) I finished reading the whole thread. I saw that Denied TRV application helped a lot. Is it okay if we will go direct to Conjugal without trying TRV first?

Thanks in advance for the answers.
Spidermark
1) Not an issue.
2) Not OK. You need to apply for a TRV first and wait for that TRV to be refused before submitting the conjugal application. Otherwise you're going to have trouble proving there is a true immigration barrier if the non-Canadian partner has never even attempted to visit Canada. Skipping this step will create complexities for your application. Take the time to apply for the TRV. You never know, it may be approved in which case the partner can come to Canada and apply via the common law or spousal route.

spidermark

Dec 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
Sa mga Pinoy na successful sa application nila dito.

Meron ba sa inyo nakaalis na Derecho Conjugal at walang TRV?

Thanks

ydd0713

Nov 5, 2018
I applied conjugal and our app was denied. Same sex. I am a naturalized canadian and a pinay partner. She has denied TRV and we are in a relationship for 12 years. I applied GMCS notes but still waiting.

spidermark

Dec 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
I applied conjugal and our app was denied. Same sex. I am a naturalized canadian and a pinay partner. She has denied TRV and we are in a relationship for 12 years. I applied GMCS notes but still waiting.

Sorry to hear that. Did you apply TRV first prior to Conjugal application?

Did they specify the reason why your application was denied?

Thanks

ydd0713

Nov 5, 2018
Yes she applied TRV. The only reason stated on the refusal letter was, officer believed it was economic. My partner is working in Taiwan and our app was processed in HK.

spidermark

Dec 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
Yes she applied TRV. The only reason stated on the refusal letter was, officer believed it was economic. My partner is working in Taiwan and our app was processed in HK.

Economic was the refusal reason for the TRV or for Conjugal application?

What's the meaning of GMCS?

Sorry, I have a lot of questions. I am planning to go with the same route as you guys.

Thanks

Last edited:

spidermark

Dec 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
Just want to move this thread up

kian55

Sep 15, 2022
Just want to move this thread up
Four years ago, my s-s partner landed here in Canada and we're still together now, Applied for TRV first after our travels together in Asia over the course of two years. TRV was denied. Application for sponsoring conjugal partner approved within 7 months --- a fairly smooth-sailing process.

Reactions: spidermark

spidermark

Dec 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 15, 2014
AOR Received.
March 03, 2015
Four years ago, my s-s partner landed here in Canada and we're still together now, Applied for TRV first after our travels together in Asia over the course of two years. TRV was denied. Application for sponsoring conjugal partner approved within 7 months --- a fairly smooth-sailing process.

Thanks for sharing Kian.... Follow up Questions:

1) When you applied TRV, did he mention about your relationship at all?
2) How much was his Proof of Funds?
3) Did you include a letter of Invitation for him?
4) What did he put as the purpose of his visit?

Sorry got a lot of questions.
Thanks Again!