+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Philippines Time line - Conjugal Partner - Male to Male, Female to Female

embopj

Aug 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
November 2010 Approve
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010
LANDED..........
February 2011 - snow storm
frappii said:
Thank you! I can't really join my partner during her interview. Apparently, I can't take days off at work next month. Besides, airfares are too expensive ;p But i'll get my phone ready just in case i get a call from the officer during the interview.
Yes better get ready your phone ready, and inform your partner to tell the Visa Officer that you are ready to pick up the phone if they need to verified during that interview. if you dont mind tell me ur story.

frappii

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
embopj said:
Yes better get ready your phone ready, and inform your partner to tell the Visa Officer that you are ready to pick up the phone if they need to verified during that interview. if you dont mind tell me ur story.
I met my partner when I visited the Philippines in 2008. We were together for 3 months but I had to go back to Canada. Since then, we never stopped talking. We're always on skype, we send each other text messages all the time, we email each other while at work and when I'm driving, she uses gmail or magic jack to call me and just stays on the phone til I get to work/home. We even watch each other sleep during the weekend (bcoz of the time difference, right?;p), I sometimes order McDonald's delivery for her online if she's too sleepy to get up and cook in the morning.. and all other crazy stuff. LOL. Now, I want to be with her.. like real bad. I miss her soo much. I'm goin' nuts! hahhah!! :) anyway, what's your story?

frappii

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prinz marco said:
kelangan po ba ng joint bank account for common law partner?
I'm not quite sure how common-law works. It's always better to have a joint bank account and all other joint possessions especially if in a common-law or conjugal relationship.

embopj

Aug 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
November 2010 Approve
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010
LANDED..........
Yes Better to have JOIN Account its financial prove, and better if you or Partner have LAST WILL with the beneficiary is you or vice versa

raniloc

Dec 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13, 2011
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2011
AOR Received.
April 11, 2011
File Transfer...
April 24, 2011
Med's Request
Re-med Request : Jan. 25, 2012
Med's Done....
Re-med done : Feb 08, 2012
Passport Req..
April 11, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 29. 2012 ECAS DM - MARCH 5, 2012 , VISA RECEIVED: MARCH 3, 2012
LANDED..........
AUGUST 3, 2012
Hello, may partner and I are planning to submit our application as Common Law (m2m) to Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M).
We've been living together for almost 4 years now and I believe we have more than enough informations and evidence to prove that we are in common-law relationship.

NOW, my question is this.. we do not have a credit card to pay the processing fee ONLINE and Im not sure if it's allowed to use a third party credit card (CC by a friend). Our last option is to pay the processing fee via international Money Order or Bank Draft, however, we do not if there a LOCAL bank here in Manila that caters Money Order/Money Draft can be cashed/drawn through a any Canadian financial institution in Canada.
Im not sure if Western Union, LBC or HSBC bank will work. Can you help us out?

2nd Question : Concerning financial ability of my partner who is also my sponsor. He has no regular job since he's not planning to stay here for good. Im worried if his financial status will affect his qualification as my Sponsor. But I've read this criteria is waived since his sponsoring me as his common-law partner. Do you have any other views on this?

Appreciate all your response.. Thanks!

frappii

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raniloc said:
Hello, may partner and I are planning to submit our application as Common Law (m2m) to Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M).
We've been living together for almost 4 years now and I believe we have more than enough informations and evidence to prove that we are in common-law relationship.

NOW, my question is this.. we do not have a credit card to pay the processing fee ONLINE and Im not sure if it's allowed to use a third party credit card (CC by a friend). Our last option is to pay the processing fee via international Money Order or Bank Draft, however, we do not if there a LOCAL bank here in Manila that caters Money Order/Money Draft can be cashed/drawn through a any Canadian financial institution in Canada.
Im not sure if Western Union, LBC or HSBC bank will work. Can you help us out?

2nd Question : Concerning financial ability of my partner who is also my sponsor. He has no regular job since he's not planning to stay here for good. Im worried if his financial status will affect his qualification as my Sponsor. But I've read this criteria is waived since his sponsoring me as his common-law partner. Do you have any other views on this?

Appreciate all your response.. Thanks!
I don't exactly know how to pay the fees when the sponsor is not in Canada. Sorry. I suggest, you make a new thread so more people can answer your concerns.

About your second question, your sponsor does not need to have a job to sponsor you. You're correct, it is waived. Plus, he's there with you in the Philippines, right? The visa officer would want to make sure that when approved, both of you will live in Canada.. so not having a regular job is okay.

embopj

Aug 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
November 2010 Approve
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010
LANDED..........
Ur sponsor mas assure that he/she can support you for 3years and the only prove is he must have stable work :p or finances to support you, and assure you that you will not be ask assistance from the government funds, you can use 2nd party to use credit card to pay ur application but better make sure 1st your sponsor has finances to support you and thats is he/she must have stable work :p good luck

raniloc

Dec 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13, 2011
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2011
AOR Received.
April 11, 2011
File Transfer...
April 24, 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
April 11, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
AUGUST 3, 2012
embopj said:
Ur sponsor mas assure that he/she can support you for 3years and the only prove is he must have stable work :p or finances to support you, and assure you that you will not be ask assistance from the government funds, you can use 2nd party to use credit card to pay ur application but better make sure 1st your sponsor has finances to support you and thats is he/she must have stable work :p good luck
Thanks embopj.. My sponsor has no job here in Manila but I have a regular job. His plan is to return to Canada and look for a job to support me.
Im worried about his financial status if this will affect the sponsorship.

For the payment, Is there another option to pay like money order or money draft? My sponsor and I do not have a credit card and Im not sure also if it is acceptable to use our friends Credit Card and will just pay him the amount in cash. So our option is pay via money draft but I dont know any bank here in Manila that offers money order payable to a financial institution in Canada.

embopj

Aug 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
November 2010 Approve
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010
LANDED..........
I belived they accept HSBC bank draft, coz before when I apply my Temporary Visa, I paid my fee via HSBC

embopj

Aug 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
November 2010 Approve
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010
LANDED..........

raniloc

Dec 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13, 2011
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2011
AOR Received.
April 11, 2011
File Transfer...
April 24, 2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
April 11, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
AUGUST 3, 2012
I just want to ask if it is safe to send the application forms via POSTAL... I tried different courier services like DHL and UPS but they do not accept delivery destination with PO Box address which is the case of the Missisauga Case Processing Office. Is there any other option to send the application form other than postal mail? By the way im here in Manila. Appreciate the help..

frappii

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raniloc said:
I just want to ask if it is safe to send the application forms via POSTAL... I tried different courier services like DHL and UPS but they do not accept delivery destination with PO Box address which is the case of the Missisauga Case Processing Office. Is there any other option to send the application form other than postal mail? By the way im here in Manila. Appreciate the help..
I think it's best if you make a new thread regarding this matter so more people can help you. The only address I know is the P.O box. I understand that it's better to send your documents through courier than regular mail. You can also post this on the 'SPOUSE / FAMILY CLASS timeline MANILA Visa Office PHILIPPINES' thread. You might get more info there as well.

Huron

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raniloc said:
You can send it here
Courier address (no public drop-offs)
2 Robert Speck Parkway,
Suite 1200
Mississauga, ON
L4Z 1H8
Fax: 905-803-7392

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/canada/mississauga.asp