+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Manila Philippines Time line - Conjugal Partner - Male to Male, Female to Female

brookslakeside

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
24-09-2014 (updated IMM1344), Submitted October 2014
File Transfer...
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
28-07-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2015, Full Hearing December 7, 2016, Oral Decision given right away, Written Decision received December 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Request for Updated Forms,Medical &Police Clearances: January 23, 2017, Emailed Scanned Copies February 22,2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
kabayan said:
Hi peeps,

I would like ask your help for my sister who's also applying for canadian immigration;
First a background;
She is a nurse who met her partner (f2f) at her workplace in KSA.
They are now both still working in the middle-east-DBX.
They have been together for more than 5 years I think.
Currently they have different residences as my sister was given an accommodation by her employer and she is not allowed to have anybody stay with her.

My question is, What proof/documents can they provide to show that they are common law partners? What are the probabilities that they will be denied?
hi kabayan

I`ll take the liberty to answer your question but i`m hoping a senior memebr will give you a better insight to your sister`s situation.
There`s a long list of proofs in OP 2 Manual that your sister and her common law partner needs to submit for a common law sponsorship. I categorize them as hard evidence and sentimental evidence:

.Joint bank accounts and/or credit cards;
• Joint ownership of residential property;
• Joint residential leases;
• Joint rental receipts;
• Joint utilities accounts (electricity, gas, telephone);
• Joint management of household expenditures;
• Evidence of joint purchases, especially for household items;
• Correspondence addressed to either or both parties at the same address;
• Important documents of both parties show the same address, e.g., identification documents,
driver’s licenses, insurance polices, etc.;
• Shared responsibility for household management, household chores, etc.;
• Evidence of children of one or both partners residing with the couple;
• Telephone calls.

pictures together, with friends and family members
cards and letters written to each other but should be postmarked
text messages, emails, chat records
receipts of gifts such as jewelries, flowers, etc
letters of support from family and friends

I can`t say if they`re going to be refused but usually they should be prepared to go home to the Philippines for an interview if need be.

Is your sister`s partner also a nurse? I`m just asking because they can both apply under the Federal Skilled Worker. My sister in law`s visa only took 6 months to process from Manila. I believe if it`s a genuine relationship we have to fight for it.

brookslakeside

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
28-07-2014
Passport Req..
14-01-2015, Full Hearing December 7, 2016, Oral Decision given right away, Written Decision received December 19, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Request for Updated Forms,Medical &Police Clearances: January 23, 2017, Emailed Scanned Copies February 22,2017
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
embopj said:
2nd week of November... haaayyy supper kabado na ako.. sana may mga post ng mga possible questions
i know this is a very stressful time for you but love will prevail in the end.

do you have a copy of your application please take time to review it, especially the sponsored questionnaire, they want to know if your relationship i9s genuine and not entered for immigration purposes. i read in one member`s experience, her husband was asked kong sino sino yong mga tao sa pictures na pinadala nya during the interview.
please also search the forum there are lots of threads about interviews. keep us posted for the good news. good luck.

embopj

Aug 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
November 2010 Approve
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010
LANDED..........
February 2011 - snow storm
OO i have copy OMG ang laki ng application ko mga 4inches hehehe grabe haba babasahin ko ngayon kakaloka...

embopj

Aug 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
November 2010 Approve
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010
LANDED..........
Hirap naman sample question 83. about refusal wawawaw

brookslakeside

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
28-07-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
embopj said:
Hirap naman sample question 83. about refusal wawawaw
that`s a hard question and honestly i don`t even know how to answer that one but then it`s a reality that we might be refused so it pays to be ready with a possible answer.

embopj

Aug 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
November 2010 Approve
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010
LANDED..........
I agree its to difficult to answer, all I need is to pray, coz I belived if that question will come out Im end

kefert

Mar 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19, 2010
AOR Received.
Sept. 3, 2010
Interview........
April 4, 2011
Passport Req..
Sept. 18m 2010
VISA ISSUED...
April 14, 2011
LANDED..........
JUNE 2011
embopj said:
I agree its to difficult to answer, all I need is to pray, coz I belived if that question will come out Im end

hi embopj what is that question no. 83? re: refusal? anyway goodluck. you can do it!

brookslakeside

Star Member
Oct 15, 2010
Dubai, UAE
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
19-08-2014
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
28-07-2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
28-06-2017
kefert said:
hi embopj what is that question no. 83? re: refusal? anyway goodluck. you can do it!
possible question asked by a VO during interview: 83. If I refuse this application what will you do?

frappii

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brookslakeside said:
possible question asked by a VO during interview: 83. If I refuse this application what will you do?
I've asked my partner to prepare just in case she gets invited for an interview. Our answer to that question would be:

"my partner will give up her citizenship in Canada and will move back to the Philippines to live with me."

I'm not quite sure if that's a good answer but to be honest, we've tried everything just to be together and this sponsorship is our last resort. I love my partner so much that I am really willing to live in the Philippines again just to be with her.

If my partner answers this question and still gets refused, then Canada's promotion of "looking after their citizens" is a total lie. Because if they really care about their people, they won't give up their citizens... even just one.

BeShoo

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2010
Gatineau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2014
File Transfer...
03-03-2014
Med's Request
19-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
13-04-2015
It could be a test to find whether it's more important to be with your partner or to be in Canada. If being Canada is the most important thing, you may be in a "relationship of convenience" which would cause your application to be denied.

You could also say that you will appeal if refused.

Hycore

Star Member
Dec 12, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2010
AOR Received.
did not receive any
Med's Done....
March 2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Nov.09, 2010
frappii said:
I've asked my partner to prepare just in case she gets invited for an interview. Our answer to that question would be:

"my partner will give up her citizenship in Canada and will move back to the Philippines to live with me."

I'm not quite sure if that's a good answer but to be honest, we've tried everything just to be together and this sponsorship is our last resort. I love my partner so much that I am really willing to live in the Philippines again just to be with her.

If my partner answers this question and still gets refused, then Canada's promotion of "looking after their citizens" is a total lie. Because if they really care about their people, they won't give up their citizens... even just one.
Hi Frappi, nice answer but I'll be playing a devil's advocate here if that's okay with you. If you would say that your partner will be willing to give up his/her citizenship and go back to the Philippines to be with you then don't you think the IO would think that both of you are not really that serious to be together in Canada? My wife and I read this one story about this before in a forum here about this girl who was sponsoring her spouse and was asked the same question, and when she said and I quote "If we get denied then I'll stay here with my husband in Ghana." and the IO denied them. She said that the IO told them that she doesn't believe that she'd stay in Ghana with him and that's the reason why they denied it. Well, this is her story anyhow.

Question 83 is a trick question I supposed and it seems all answers will be viewed in all angles. I think it will be interested to hear some answers eh?

embopj

Aug 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
November 2010 Approve
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010
LANDED..........
I am getting confuse on what to answer on this question wawawawah

jeans22

Apr 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brookslakeside said:
If I were the sponsor, I would say we'll do an appeal and if it still gets rejected then, I'll forever hate Canada and live with my spouse in a better country.

If I were the applicant, I would say something similar. We'll do an appeal and if it still gets rejected, I'll hope and pray that my spouse will live with me in my country or in another country where me and my spouse will be accepted as immigrants.

@Hycore - I think it's canadianwoman's story you're talking about. I might be wrong.

Anyways, this is a very tricky question and I hope hindi ka matanong ng ganito @embopj.

Good Luck!!! Kaya mo yan!!

frappii

Star Member
Oct 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Hycore very true.. but like i said, if my partner doesn't get approved, i dont think canada cares about their citizens.. anyway, i like what jeans22 wrote..

jeans22 said:
If I were the sponsor, I would say we'll do an appeal and if it still gets rejected then, I'll forever hate Canada and live with my spouse in a better country.

If I were the applicant, I would say something similar. We'll do an appeal and if it still gets rejected, I'll hope and pray that my spouse will live with me in my country or in another country where me and my spouse will be accepted as immigrants.
anyhow, i'm just wondering... do straight couples get invited for an interview as well? I know in other countries they do, but how about in Manila?

embopj

Aug 6, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
November 2010 Approve
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010
LANDED..........