+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mandatory Hotel Quarantine requirements at the Airport

JakeGittes

Mar 16, 2020
Hello everyone,

I just booked GAA Four Points by Sheraton Hotel directly as per the govt. requirements. During the booking I provided all my details and credit card information. I have received a confirmation number but the amount has not been deducted from the credit card.

My question is what do I need to show at the airport before boarding the flight to Canada? The email confirmation would be sufficient? Also do I need to take the credit card with me to the hotel? (It's a problem as I used a friend's card)

Can anyone please share their similar experience?

Thank you

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
Hello everyone,

I just booked GAA Four Points by Sheraton Hotel directly as per the govt. requirements. During the booking I provided all my details and credit card information. I have received a confirmation number but the amount has not been deducted from the credit card.

My question is what do I need to show at the airport before boarding the flight to Canada? The email confirmation would be sufficient? Also do I need to take the credit card with me to the hotel? (It's a problem as I used a friend's card)

Can anyone please share their similar experience?

Thank you
May not be practical as the credit card should be on your name for some hotels and must physically be with you either way during the check in.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
can't be paid in cash?
Depends on the hotel's policy, it's not practical as one would not get that far as one may fail on the initial requirement for making the reservation where a credit card is mandatory to even start the process. Made my GAA reservation on Feb 18th for end of March, not even a single penny has been deducted from the card yet.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Depends on the hotel's policy, it's not practical as one would not get that far as one may fail on the initial requirement for making the reservation where a credit card is mandatory to even start the process. Made my reservation on Feb 18th for end of March, not even a single penny has been deducted from the card yet.
What I am saying is that reservations can be made with any credit card, since the money will be paid at the time of check-in then you can request them to take cash. I have done this many times staying at hotels and is totally fine. Some people don't carry credit cards and maybe the one travelling to Canada has to cancel their cards before leaving.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
What I am saying is that reservations can be made with any credit card, since the money will be paid at the time of check-in then you can request them to take cash. I have done this many times staying at hotels and is totally fine. Some people don't carry credit cards and maybe the one travelling to Canada has to cancel their cards before leaving.
HRG travel counselor on the phone was against this, may work for family members and one person was informed to show some form at the hotel when they booked with their dad's card. May work with online booking but either way it's up to the hotel to accept the cash payment as they are puppets of the government. Suggest to call the hotel and confirm before embarking on this.

Reactions: aspirant256