+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Major changes coming in this FALL- Blessing for skilled International Students!!

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Won't believe it until I see it, McCallum has been harping the same tune for months. Express entry is a year and a half old and the only changes that have happened is that it become more unforgiving and the points required became way higher. The only way an International student can' get enough points is either by having 2 or more degrees, or lots of foreign experience. I had max english, two years skilled canadian work experience, 2 year diploma and my score was 447... I had finish another degree to get my score up to 477 to get an ITA in april... and now that score isn't even high enough!

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thejkhan said:
Is a Seneca/Douglas graduate working at Tim's selling coffee and doughnuts really better than a foreign engineer with 5 years of relevant experience? Or better than an Ivy League graduate?

Is it really better for Canadian economy, like everyone is saying, to award more points to these college graduates so they can stay and continue selling doughnuts? Are there not enough Canadians to work at Timmies?

Nah, you DO know that people working in minimum-wage NOC C jobs cannot apply for EE right? education points alone are not enough to secure an ITA, I'm pretty sure you know this as well.

The people who work at Timmies and still get a PR are from LMIA stream. You and some people do love to bring up the *censored word* int'l students to prove your point but always conveniently forget the FSW applicants with fake relevant work experience.

p/s: are you a grad from Ivy League?

GARJ said:
Won't believe it until I see it, McCallum has been harping the same tune for months. Express entry is a year and a half old and the only changes that have happened is that it become more unforgiving and the points required became way higher. The only way an International student can' get enough points is either by having 2 or more degrees, or lots of foreign experience. I had max english, two years skilled canadian work experience, 2 year diploma and my score was 447... I had finish another degree to get my score up to 477 to get an ITA in april... and now that score isn't even high enough!
Your weakness is in the Education. A Diploma is simply not enough to compete in the EE pool. Minimum requirement is a Bachelor.

GARJ

Mar 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:
Your weakness is in the Education. A Diploma is simply not enough to compete in the EE pool. Minimum requirement is a Bachelor.
A bachelor's degree alone won't get you an ITA. I have 2 or more degrees now, points are 477, got invited in April. 3.5 months since AOR. 477 isn't even enough anymore... Skilled international students deserve to be awarded more points.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GARJ said:
A bachelor's degree alone won't get you an ITA. I have 2 or more degrees now, points are 477, got invited in April. 3.5 months since AOR. 477 isn't even enough anymore... Skilled international students deserve to be awarded more points.
Well, I'm just saying with a Bachelor, you will sure have more points than a Diploma.

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I always raise my voice on to give more pnts to int'l people as they deserve most.
I saw many int'l students working in timhortans, McDonalds, Subway etc can easily get LMIA, while people like us who have double degrees, having multiple years of experience are struggling to get ITA, it's really sad but factual information.

This govt really want these ppl who work in timhortan, subways, mcdonalds or need cream people who deserve most to be a PR and putting more to Canadian economy.

I have 461 pts on DEc2015 , luckily I got ITA ..bt since i notice pts are not going down as many ppl above 470 still not get ITA , that actually break my heart :eek:.
I wish everyone who have really good experience and contribute more to the economy are deserving for PR
GARJ said:

yash9022

Apr 26, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
18th March 17
GARJ said:
Very truly said, we cant believe them unless they do the changes right away.

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The unfortunate part is , They won't make change right away , it takes some time for proper implements. I hope they do something before it too late. ???

yash9022 said:
Very truly said, we cant believe them unless they do the changes right away.