+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Major changes coming in this FALL- Blessing for skilled International Students!!

Jul 20, 2016
I hope they finally see how valuable International Students are for Canada, especially
after all the international tuition we pay each semester :mad:!! Let's hope for the best!

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
Alexios07 said:
Yep, there is no source to confirm changes will happen in September. People keep using the September as a milestone because of the "CIC guy with 2500+ITA" video.
Alexios07 said:
The government usually announces it around November or December, while McCallum said changes will happen in September. I don't think changes in CEC will affect PNPs at all, since they are regional and controlled by provincial government.
But it was you that told us McCallum had said September earlier in this thread??

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
soofrustrated!! said:
I hope they finally see how valuable International Students are for Canada, especially
after all the international tuition we pay each semester :mad:!! Let's hope for the best!
International students always pay more tuition wherever they are in the world. It's part of the privilege of having the opportunity to experience being overseas while gaining an education. The reason domestic rates are generally lower is because a lot of education establishments get government contributions to lower the cost of education for their citizens. If we wanted to pay domestic rates we should go to University in our own countries. Don't get me wrong, I'm an international student too, and I'm trying to get permanent residency, but I don't think we should use paying more money as a reason they should let us stay. Otherwise it's just a pay for visa system.

nagarjun rao

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-17-2017
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Med's Request
12-29-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2017
That's true! But the fact that we are talking about tuition fee is not in relation to domestic tuition fee, but, the amount of money that Canadian government can acquire when they change the rules for the international students to attain the PR status. I say this because I choose Canada as my destination for foreign education just because Of the immigration rules that existed when I initially came here. Also, the taxes that international students pay while working on their PGWP are valuable too as they only pay the taxes but can't avail the benefits that PRs and citizens avail.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
nagarjun rao said:
That's true! But the fact that we are talking about tuition fee is not in relation to domestic tuition fee, but, the amount of money that Canadian government can acquire when they change the rules for the international students to attain the PR status. I say this because I choose Canada as my destination for foreign education just because Of the immigration rules that existed when I initially came here. Also, the taxes that international students pay while working on their PGWP are valuable too as they only pay the taxes but can't avail the benefits that PRs and citizens avail.
I pay taxes on my part-time job as an international student, but as a low wage earner I'm getting my taxes back, and also government subsidised healthcare in Saskatchewan (income-based) that covers the balance of all my prescriptions that my student healthcare doesn't cover. Also depending on the length of your PGWP and your resident/non-resident status during the tax year I thought you could file a claim to get some of your taxes back on leaving Canada? So there are a few tax benefits even though we don't have PR.

I agree with you on the choosing Canada to get your education because of the immigration rules though, because that's the exact same reason I did as well. So yeah, you have a good point ::) But still, I think we should acknowledge that we shouldn't take it for granted as I think it states somewhere on our student visa that our study permit is granted based on the fact we agree to leave Canada after. The thing is, for every useful degree you can take (examples, engineering, medicine, vet school, biology etc etc) there's also a un-useful degree you can take (examples, history, fine art, drama). I don't mean to be offensive to anyone taking those degrees, but just that Canada probably has enough stage actors without seeking out immigrants to fill vacancies. So the government needs to be careful not to open the doors to a flood of 'not occupation in demand' degrees.

princesohal2003

May 17, 2011
A lot of people might disagree with my definition of the word privilege but i don't think i should consider it a privilege that i am in Canada. In fact canada should be privileged to have educated workforce choosing this country over others. A refugee who doesn't have the language skills, education, work experience or money and yet is able to come to this country is privileged. Me in the other hand, i gave up over 100k in tuition fees and my prime years settling down and working in this country based on the government promising me an easy transition to permanent residency. Canada isn't the only country left in the world for me to splurge hundreds of thousands of dollars at, i did it based on what the government promised.
Other thing i hear a lot and i also find extremely annoying is when people tell me canada owes me nothing. Are you kidding me? I took my decision to come here based on what this country offered me. There were other countries on the list too but i decide to invest my time and money in this country so of course the government owes me and all the qualified people who graduated from qualified Canadian universities/colleges, worked at qualified NOC jobs and played by the rules a PR at the very least because those were the requirements to get your pr. If the government backs out and decided to keep the draws at ridiculously high points then obviously the qualified international students have been scammed. It's as simple as that.
All we can do out of frustration is just sit and read these forums and waste more months until liberals decide to focus on us international students instead of refugees.

Sluffy

May 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
princesohal2003 said:
A lot of people might disagree with my definition of the word privilege but i don't think i should consider it a privilege that i am in Canada. In fact canada should be privileged to have educated workforce choosing this country over others. A refugee who doesn't have the language skills, education, work experience or money and yet is able to come to this country is privileged. Me in the other hand, i gave up over 100k in tuition fees and my prime years settling down and working in this country based on the government promising me an easy transition to permanent residency. Canada isn't the only country left in the world for me to splurge hundreds of thousands of dollars at, i did it based on what the government promised.
Other thing i hear a lot and i also find extremely annoying is when people tell me canada owes me nothing. Are you kidding me? I took my decision to come here based on what this country offered me. There were other countries on the list too but i decide to invest my time and money in this country so of course the government owes me and all the qualified people who graduated from qualified Canadian universities/colleges, worked at qualified NOC jobs and played by the rules a PR at the very least because those were the requirements to get your pr. If the government backs out and decided to keep the draws at ridiculously high points then obviously the qualified international students have been scammed. It's as simple as that.
All we can do out of frustration is just sit and read these forums and waste more months until liberals decide to focus on us international students instead of refugees.
Scammed? ;D
Was there a contract where it's stated "pay money, get education, then get PR"?
No, there was a contract "Pay money, get education". You got your education and made your country choice based on your understanding the risks - rules can change anytime.
Taxes? Everyone who's working in Canada has to pay taxes, even temporarily visa workers with no hope on PR. Taxes are spent for you to be protected by local police, for example, for using and maintaining roads and bridges, military defence, etc. Nothing about PR.

Refugees took economic immigrants places due to two main reasons: 1)humanitarian 2) liberals promises before elections - now they have to provide occupation for social workers.

princesohal2003

May 17, 2011
Sluffy said:
Scammed? ;D
No, there was a contract "Pay money, get education". You got your education and made your country choice based on your understanding the risks - rules can change anytime.
Taxes? Everyone who's working in Canada has to pay taxes, even temporarily visa workers with no hope on PR. Taxes are spent for you to be protected by local police, for example, for using and maintaining roads and bridges, military defence, etc. Nothing about PR.

Refugees took economic immigrants places due to two main reasons: 1)humanitarian 2) liberals promises before elections - now they have to provide occupation for social workers.
Here we go again. These are the kind of posts that agitate the international students who have already been sitting and waiting for the past half a year while the government does nothing. In my books it is definitely a scam when you are able to pay your way through pr by arranging lmia or pnp with employers or buy fake diplomas and degrees from 3rd world countries and give them the same value as someone who worked hard to earn their Canadian degrees. Oh well, i guess canada still doesn't "Owe" me anything and I'm still "Privileged" to be sitting here waiting for months while people with money are being handed out lmias and pnps like candies.

All you frustrated people, try keeping a positive attitude. If John McCallum sticks to his word this time (hopefully) then we will definitely see some changes this September!!
New government has been in power for almost a year, why there hasn't been any changes so far is beyond me. But those changes have to kick in sooner or later. :D

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JALT said:
But it was you that told us McCallum had said September earlier in this thread??
Oops, my mistake then, but I also do hope for changes to be implemented in September. My PGWP is not going to last long in 2017.

princesohal2003 said:
Wow, I'm sorry, but you sound like an extremely entitled person. Did some colleges/universities here in Canada beg you to come here and spend your hard earn money? or contribute your precious talents for the Greater Good? Ever heard of the USA? when they kick you right out of their country the moment you graduate? Study in Canada is the same as study in your country. You pay X amount of money to achieve an Y degree, then you shall have what you agree to.

What you say is basically a cash-for-visa program, which any knucklehead can become a Canadian PR if he has money. This is a capitalist country, you have what we need? then get in. if you don't? GTFO. We don't need your "altruism", like at all. There are around 400,000 people are lining up to get in.

Sluffy

May 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
princesohal2003 said:
buy fake diplomas and degrees from 3rd world countries and give them the same value as someone who worked hard to earn their Canadian degrees.
Of course, all non-Canadian diplomas and degrees are bought ;D

Do you know about the procedure of education evaluation? Which requires at least double check for most countries - 1)getting apostille from governmental bodies and 2) direct query by WES to designated institution to confirm the diploma. In some countries your diploma must be sent by university only in the sealed ebveloped.
Second - there are some options between Canadian universities and 3rd world conuntries. Any university of Europe, for example.

And yes, in their own report CIC confirms that "This is because there is insufficient evidence to support a relationship between holding a Canadian degree versus a degree issued overseas (assessed as equivalent to a Canadian degree) and improved economic outcomes within Canada"
(End year report, paragraph about international students)

princesohal2003

May 17, 2011
Alexios07 said:
Oops, my mistake then, but I also do hope for changes to be implemented in September. My PGWP is not going to last long in 2017.

Wow, I'm sorry, but you sound like an extremely entitled person. Did some colleges/universities here in Canada beg you to come here and spend your hard earn money? or contribute your precious talents for the Greater Good? Ever heard of the USA? when they kick you right out of their country the moment you graduate? Study in Canada is the same as study in your country. You pay X amount of money to achieve an Y degree, then you shall have what you agree to.

What you say is basically a cash-for-visa program, which any knucklehead can become a Canadian PR if he has money. This is a capitalist country, you have what we need? then get in. if you don't? GTFO. We don't need your "altruism", like at all. There are around 400,000 people are lining up to get in.
It is a capitalist country indeed and that's why there are knuckleheads with money who get their pr by paying their way through. I am saying that the government should give consideration to those people who have graduated from Qualified universities and did Qualified jobs and have Qualified language skills. Not demanding anything here, just simply expecting the government to hold on to their end of the deal that they had promised to a lot of QUALIFIED international students and not knuckleheads like you mentioned. Canada is after all competing with a lot of developed countries for international student fees by offering easy transition as long as you are Qualified.

Just patiently waiting till John Maccalum decided to implement new changes. Sooner or later they will happen :)

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
princesohal2003 said:
It is a capitalist country indeed and that's why there are knuckleheads with money who get their pr by paying their way through. I am saying that the government should give consideration to those people who have graduated from Qualified universities and did Qualified jobs and have Qualified language skills. Not demanding anything here, just simply expecting the government to hold on to their end of the deal that they had promised to a lot of QUALIFIED international students and not knuckleheads like you mentioned. Canada is after all competing with a lot of developed countries for international student fees by offering easy transition as long as you are Qualified.

Just patiently waiting till John Maccalum decided to implement new changes. Sooner or later they will happen :)
This sounds much reasonable than your previous comments and it's what I also want.

If you have qualified degrees and qualified job, you should be able to apply for a PR, not because you paid tuition fee.

I, for one, definitely don't want some of my classmates to become a Canadian PR since I know how self-entitled and lazy they are.

princesohal2003

May 17, 2011
Sluffy said:
Of course, all non-Canadian diplomas and degrees are bought ;D

Do you know about the procedure of education evaluation? Which requires at least double check for most countries - 1)getting apostille from governmental bodies and 2) direct query by WES to designated institution to confirm the diploma. In some countries your diploma must be sent by university only in the sealed ebveloped.
Second - there are some options between Canadian universities and 3rd world conuntries. Any university of Europe, for example.

And yes, in their own report CIC confirms that "This is because there is insufficient evidence to support a relationship between holding a Canadian degree versus a degree issued overseas (assessed as equivalent to a Canadian degree) and improved economic outcomes within Canada"
(End year report, paragraph about international students)
A lot of my international friends here will confirm how easy it could be to buy a fake degree/diploma from 3rd world countries. We literally had a scam in India where the student topping a course from a government school did not even know what the course was all about. Its unfortunately a sad reality.

princesohal2003

May 17, 2011
Alexios07 said:
This sounds much reasonable than your previous comments and it's what I also want.

If you have qualified degrees and qualified job, you should be able to apply for a PR, not because you paid tuition fee.

I, for one, definitely don't want some of my classmates to become a Canadian PR since I know how self-entitled and lazy they are.
Haha, tell me about it. Im with you on that one lol.

ronnieS

Star Member
Jun 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-03-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Sluffy said:
Scammed? ;D

I have a question for everyone be fair and honest when you reply to it:-

Who has a better chance of settling down easily after PR (students/work permit holders or the ones who are already in the country) or (outland PR applicants);

1. One who finished his school here, has a job in his profession, already knows the community, is paying taxes(obviously getting the benefits), one who is already working(goes for the work permit holders as well)

2. The one who just landed in the country with all the skills, qualifications and dreams??? (FYI all of these people still have to upgrade their education once they are here to secure a job in their profession or employers wish to see Canadian work experience).

Getting 10 points for your Canadian education is not going to rock the ship as some one mentioned. We all are trying, so lets be respectful towards each other's situation.