+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Major changes coming in this FALL- Blessing for skilled International Students!!

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JALT said:
True, the international students points increase won't affect the PNPs at all, maybe just open up a lot more potential candidates over 400 points for OINP and that's it. Also the family category won't do a great deal. But all I meant was that's just the changes we know about from the article. It says big changes, which could be lots of things - he might be planning something radical with the PNPs for all we know, which is all I meant with waiting to announce the whole lot when the 2017 quotas come out. I know OINP say they normally have their quotas by early November.

Anyway, whatever it is I'm excited (glass half-full approach!) :)
Again, Federal government has nothing to do with PNPs except setting quota for each PNP. That's why there are huge differences between BC PNP and SINP or AINP. The provincial government of each province is the one that set the policy and requirements for their PNP.

Changes in CEC will result in thousands of candidates with more than 450 CRS, not just 400, since a typical single 20-29 yo int'l student with Bachelor degree, CLB 8, one year Canadian work exp already has 415 points.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
Alexios07 said:
Again, Federal government has nothing to do with PNPs except setting quota for each PNP. That's why there are huge differences between BC PNP and SINP or AINP. The provincial government of each province is the one that set the policy and requirements for their PNP.
Oh OK! I'd never realised they were that independent. That's good to know, thanks!

Alexios07 said:
Changes in CEC will result in thousands of candidates with more than 450 CRS, not just 400, since a typical single 20-29 yo int'l student with Bachelor degree, CLB 8, one year Canadian work exp already has 415 points.
Thankfully I'm an international student as well, otherwise that statement would have just made me cry :eek:

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
We'll need to see the changes actually implemented for things to turn for the better. At the moment, these are just announcements. Let's hope these are not empty words :)

alexliu

Jul 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not trusting them any more.
What will happen? Add 40 scores for international students? Then a lot more than 450+? the new draws will keep around 490 or 500?
I've no idea.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
alexliu said:
Not trusting them any more.
What will happen? Add 40 scores for international students? Then a lot more than 450+? the new draws will keep around 490 or 500?
I've no idea.
No adding points to students will not be possible that easily. Instead they will divide the CEC and FSW into diff draws so that they can manage number of Draw for both. ( giving more to CEC). Giving them extra marks will make the system imbalance and for few years no FSW will get ITA through Draw without PNP.

The major change would be in getting 67/100....the eligibility part . They might give extra points to International Students say 10 0r 5 points and remove marks for arranged employment or adaptability. This would give chance to more IS to enter the pool.

Prats6

Aug 31, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
4th April 2017
Med's Done....
Upfront
bestofluck said:
No adding points to students will not be possible that easily. Instead they will divide the CEC and FSW into diff draws so that they can manage number of Draw for both. ( giving more to CEC). Giving them extra marks will make the system imbalance and for few years no FSW will get ITA through Draw without PNP.

The major change would be in getting 67/100....the eligibility part . They might give extra points to International Students say 10 0r 5 points and remove marks for arranged employment or adaptability. This would give chance to more IS to enter the pool.

The very idea that only PNPs get ITA is counter productive and abhorrent. I have no problems in giving the students more eligibility points - guess that can be a factor in adaptability. This would make Canada very unattractive for high skilled immigrants. If studying in Canada was the lone deciding criteria then, well, its rather stupid.

alexliu

Jul 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:

Getting such 5 or 10 points can make them into the pool but it doesn't mean they can be draw from the pool. Over 15000 above 400 now I guess, but put CEC and FSW into different stream sounds really reasonable and makes sense. But !! we should always remember the policy never works as it should.

Sluffy

May 11, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
Alexios07 said:
The government usually announces it around November or December, while McCallum said changes will happen in September. I don't think changes in CEC will affect PNPs at all, since they are regional and controlled by provincial government.
Well, for 2016 it happened in March of 2016. Perhaps due to elections.

TrackIT

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-03-2017
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
09-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-03-2017
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-07-2017
LANDED..........
24-08-2017
cococly said:
Any input about recent international graduates who have worked in Canada using PGWP, but has already left Canada? Would they still be counted as international students? P.S. That's my exact situation.
Bro,

I have left canada on may 28th 2016 :-[ we are on the same both ! eagerly waiting for the fall !

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
what's your time line ? did you try to restore your work permit?
TrackIT said:
Bro,

I have left canada on may 28th 2016 :-[ we are on the same both ! eagerly waiting for the fall !

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Prats6 said:
The very idea that only PNPs get ITA is counter productive and abhorrent. I have no problems in giving the students more eligibility points - guess that can be a factor in adaptability. This would make Canada very unattractive for high skilled immigrants. If studying in Canada was the lone deciding criteria then, well, its rather stupid.
They just want Money. By saying they will give more points to International Students is all a game play. They just want more students. they know once they give more points to IS the number of students going to Canada will more than double !! This is all money money and money.

If there is so much of demand why not to enchash it ? If PR is to be given why not earn on student visa and than give PR ?

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
They just want Money. By saying they will give more points to International Students is all a game play. They just want more students. they know once they give more points to IS the number of students going to Canada will more than double !! This is all money money and money.

If there is so much of demand why not to enchash it ? If PR is to be given why not earn on student visa and than give PR ?
If Canada is a big bad wolf that only cares about your money, then why do you even bother applying to be its citizen? do you care about money too?

They already gave reasons why they want more QUALIFIED international students, not EVERY international students. You do know this is a point-based system, not a first-in first-served right?

If you were an international students, but now you are working as a janitor or cashiers, then no one needs you, at all.

nagarjun rao

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
03-17-2017
AOR Received.
08-01-2017
Med's Request
12-29-2016
Med's Done....
04-03-2017
Passport Req..
04-04-2017
Alexios07 said:
If Canada is a big bad wolf that only cares about your money, then why do you even bother applying to be its citizen? do you care about money too?

They already gave reasons why they want more QUALIFIED international students, not EVERY international students. You do know this is a point-based system, not a first-in first-served right?

If you were an international students, but now you are working as a janitor or cashiers, then no one needs you, at all.

I have to second this! Not every international student was retained before express entry system unless that international student was working in a skilled Job in NOC O, A or B categories. Since, the express entry system has been launched, unfortunately, a majority of international students, although, working in a skilled job, are unable to survive and had to leave the country. I am hoping that the whole process would be justified in this fall!

pavel123

Mar 15, 2016
Some people are saying the changes are expected this September. What's the source?

In the news I've only seen Minister talking about the changes in the coming fall, but he hasn't specified it will be particularly in September.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pavel123 said:
Some people are saying the changes are expected this September. What's the source?

In the news I've only seen Minister talking about the changes in the coming fall, but he hasn't specified it will be particularly in September.
Yep, there is no source to confirm changes will happen in September. People keep using the September as a milestone because of the "CIC guy with 2500+ITA" video.