+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Major changes coming in this FALL- Blessing for skilled International Students!!

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My dear Forum Members,

Major changes coming to this Fall Season where immigration system becomes easier to following Category
-- Speed up Family Class-(Making husband -wife reunited faster than it took about 2 yrs)
-- Much easier process for Skilled International Students to get Permanent Residence
“We want to streamline the admission of economic immigrants as well as refugees and family class. We are going to make it much easier for international students to become permanent residents,” said the Markham-Thornhill MP.

government currently working to give international students more points and make it easier for them to come to Canada.
“International students are at the top of the government’s list to become permanent residents because they are young, educated, and fluent in English or French,” said McCallum,

-- Visitor Visa Process

Please check for more details : http://www.mississauga.com/news-story/6771893-major-changes-to-canada-s-immigration-system-expected-in-fall-says-minister-john-mccallum/

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yep, these are the only changes that are confirmed by the Minister himself. If int'l students aka CEC stream have better CRS then average cut-off score will go up, even ITAs go back to 1,5k/draw.

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah Liberal govt working on their top priorities especially for international students who deserving most coz they already working , graduated from Canadian institutions, fluent in English, paying TAX etc. Hope this implementation become reality sooner rather than later.

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
Any input about recent international graduates who have worked in Canada using PGWP, but has already left Canada? Would they still be counted as international students? P.S. That's my exact situation.

sms_1190

Feb 6, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cococly said:
Any input about recent international graduates who have worked in Canada using PGWP, but has already left Canada? Would they still be counted as international students? P.S. That's my exact situation.
Yes, you can be considered as an international student if you are satisfying minimum requirement for CEC category which states that the person should have minimum 1 year of ex. in last 3 years.

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Technically it's like to be consider as an international students despite person already left canada.
Officially not declared for this situation, but technically it suppose to be worth considering as long as fulfilled requirement of CEC category.
Wait for new announcement officially in coming Fall... hope that increase your chance for PR

cococly said:

siriusnick

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This is quite an old news, our dear Mr.McCallum has been saying these exact same empty words since early this year, and for years if you consider his stand on "international grats". I won't believe a syllable of it without something concrete. These just some old scripts talking points for conference Q&A, nothing more.

nehasoni

Star Member
Oct 3, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Another Ironic statement..
These kind of news doesn't excite anymore. They are saying same thing since February. First, it was March then July and now its September. I would not be surprised if nothing happens in fall as well.
;D ;D :p

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
siriusnick said:
This is quite an old news, our dear Mr.McCallum has been saying these exact same empty words since early this year, and for years if you consider his stand on "international grats". I won't believe a syllable of it without something concrete. These just some old scripts talking points for conference Q&A, nothing more.
Well, it's understandable since he's on a tour around the country to talk about immigration, so he needs to repeat his minister's future plans. At least, any changes confirmed by McCallum himself is worth several thousand times more than some random people.

prishah

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys don't be so disappoint, I know he has been saying many times as nothing takes effect so far.
But this time they coming with final blueprint to impact more on those categories which fall under their most priority list.
I certainly believe in their upcoming implementation in this Fall, remember this game is not finish yet.
International students deserving more to get their PR as they already studied , working & paying tax.

siriusnick

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prishah said:
guys don't be so disappoint, I know he has been saying many times as nothing takes effect so far.
But this time they coming with final blueprint to impact more on those categories which fall under their most priority list.
I certainly believe in their upcoming implementation in this Fall, remember this game is not finish yet.
International students deserving more to get their PR as they already studied , working & paying tax.
Yeah, I would think so, except there was no blueprint, all we got was a empty promise, same as last time, and time before that.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
nehasoni said:
Another Ironic statement..
These kind of news doesn't excite anymore. They are saying same thing since February. First, it was March then July and now its September. I would not be surprised if nothing happens in fall as well.
;D ;D :p
It's got a better chance of happening in the fall as that's when the 2017 immigration quotas are announced. It makes a lot more sense for them to make big changes then, rather than through half the year. It's likely to impact all the PNP's as well so better to not mess up their thresholds half-way through the year. There'd be an outcry from all of us anyway if the PNP's suddenly changed eligibility part-way through 2016 processing - if it went against us obviously ::)

If the story was quoted correctly then old Johnny himself has now said big changes are coming and students are a top priority. He'd look a bit of a fool if nothing happened....

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JALT said:
It's got a better chance of happening in the fall as that's when the 2017 immigration quotas are announced. It makes a lot more sense for them to make big changes then, rather than through half the year. It's likely to impact all the PNP's as well so better to not mess up their thresholds half-way through the year. There'd be an outcry from all of us anyway if the PNP's suddenly changed eligibility part-way through 2016 processing - if it went against us obviously ::)

If the story was quoted correctly then old Johnny himself has now said big changes are coming and students are a top priority. He'd look a bit of a fool if nothing happened....
The government usually announces it around November or December, while McCallum said changes will happen in September. I don't think changes in CEC will affect PNPs at all, since they are regional and controlled by provincial government.

JALT

Nov 3, 2015
Alexios07 said:
I don't think changes in CEC will affect PNPs at all, since they are regional and controlled by provincial government.
True, the international students points increase won't affect the PNPs at all, maybe just open up a lot more potential candidates over 400 points for OINP and that's it. Also the family category won't do a great deal. But all I meant was that's just the changes we know about from the article. It says big changes, which could be lots of things - he might be planning something radical with the PNPs for all we know, which is all I meant with waiting to announce the whole lot when the 2017 quotas come out. I know OINP say they normally have their quotas by early November.

Anyway, whatever it is I'm excited (glass half-full approach!) :)