+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Main applicant First Name empty and that gives error in Spouse's marital status

SSL

Nov 5, 2015
Hi All,

I am the primary applicant and as per my passport surname is empty. So as per CIC link, I have mentioned all my name in last name and kept my other name as blank. All goes fine until "Spouse's marital details" page. In that page my names are not editable and it shows error saying "First name is empty"!

What I should do in this case. Please help me.

Thank you,
Lijin

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
SSL said:
Hi All,

I am the primary applicant and as per my passport surname is empty. So as per CIC link, I have mentioned all my name in last name and kept my other name as blank. All goes fine until "Spouse's marital details" page. In that page my names are not editable and it shows error saying "First name is empty"!

What I should do in this case. Please help me.

Thank you,
Lijin
I am not getting you, you dont have a FIRST name or LAST/SURNAME name?

I dont think it is even possible to apply without any of these two

SSL

Nov 5, 2015
Hi Andy,

I do not have Last/Surname in my passport. While applying for express entry CIC accepted when I entered all my given names into "Last Name" field (which is the mandatory field in the application. First name is not mandatory). All matching now with Passport.

But when I reached to my Spouse's marital status page there both first name and last name are mandatory. And my first name is blank (It's non-editable field which takes name from where I entered it in the initial steps)

Don't know how to fix this problem. I saw some discussion regarding this in our forum itself. But that issue was for the "Spouse name" not for the primary applicant.