+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mail response from CIC regarding addition of spouse details in PR - CEC

nhixon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hi Guys,

I am a September CIC applicant. I have received my AOR in Feb 2015. Later during Feb I got married and notified CIC about the same. They responded to me with a set of documents needed to add her. But the list of forms doesnt contain the Fee application form. Has anyone else faced this ? Is this addition notification response from CIC just to enter my personal details correctly or is it inorder to get the PR for my wife too ?

Kindly help.

rar

Star Member
Jun 4, 2011
CIC doesn't want you to fill the fee payment form. Instead, CIC would have mentioned in that email about how to pay the spouse fee. You have to pay online at https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

rar

nhixon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
rar said:
CIC doesn't want you to fill the fee payment form. Instead, CIC would have mentioned in that email about how to pay the spouse fee. You have to pay online at https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en

rar
Rar,

CIC hasnt mentioned anything regarding fee payment in the email. Are you damn sure that spousal fees are to be paid online ? If so, under which option ?

speakvishal

Star Member
Aug 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 12, 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 20, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with original documents
Med's Request
Jul 24, 2014
Med's Done....
Aug 29, 2014
Passport Req..
Nov 17, 2014 (Photos requested on DEC 04, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
DEC 03, 2014 (PP received on DEC 18, 2014)
LANDED..........
Feb 23, 2015 <b>PR card received on Mar 23, 2015</b>
Whatever rar has mentioned is correct. This is what CIC replied when I was in similar situation:

If your spouse intends to accompany you to Canada, you must pay the processing fee of $550 CAD for your spouse’s application. This payment must be made online at

Go to this website: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en
• Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed
• Select the “Immigration” link, followed by “Spouse and Common-Law Partner in Canada Class”
• Enter the number of fee payments (1 or 2) in the box beside the corresponding fee.
• Click “Submit”
• Proceed to pay your fees by selecting “Pay” and then follow the instructions to pay with a credit card

Once we have received the processing fee, your spouse’s application status will be changed to an accompanying dependant.

Please also note that before a Permanent Resident Visa can be issued, every applicant and his/her spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who meets the admission requirements for permanent residence in Canada is required to pay a Right of Permanent Resident Fee (RPRF) in the amount of $490 Canadian.

nhixon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
speakvishal said:
Whatever rar has mentioned is correct. This is what CIC replied when I was in similar situation:

If your spouse intends to accompany you to Canada, you must pay the processing fee of $550 CAD for your spouse's application. This payment must be made online at

Go to this website: https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/epay/welcome.do?lang=en
• Read the instructions on each page, and click “Continue” to proceed
• Select the “Immigration” link, followed by “Spouse and Common-Law Partner in Canada Class”
• Enter the number of fee payments (1 or 2) in the box beside the corresponding fee.
• Click “Submit”
• Proceed to pay your fees by selecting “Pay” and then follow the instructions to pay with a credit card

Once we have received the processing fee, your spouse's application status will be changed to an accompanying dependant.

Please also note that before a Permanent Resident Visa can be issued, every applicant and his/her spouse, common-law or conjugal partner who meets the admission requirements for permanent residence in Canada is required to pay a Right of Permanent Resident Fee (RPRF) in the amount of $490 Canadian.

Thanks Vishal.

But I have not been given any such information by CIC on mail. Wondering why it was different for you ! Any ideas ?