+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Mail or Electronic - confused about application submission

lunacie

Jan 4, 2016
Hi - so we're sooooo close to sending the Sponsor / Sponsee application package in, but I'm confused about electronic vs. mail.

We downloaded all the forms / questionnaires from cic website as PDF files. Some of them have special features like collapsible text boxes (contain more lines than visible), and security features.

Our original intent was to print everything out after filling in the forms, sign them, place them with our supporting items in an envelope, and mail in.

But after some though it seems like we should be submitting this electronically, but I'm not sure about that, or even how to go about it if that's the right thing to do.

Thanks, again, in advance, for all your help.

Liiaa

Dec 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lunacie said:
Hi - so we're sooooo close to sending the Sponsor / Sponsee application package in, but I'm confused about electronic vs. mail.

We downloaded all the forms / questionnaires from cic website as PDF files. Some of them have special features like collapsible text boxes (contain more lines than visible), and security features.

Our original intent was to print everything out after filling in the forms, sign them, place them with our supporting items in an envelope, and mail in.

But after some though it seems like we should be submitting this electronically, but I'm not sure about that, or even how to go about it if that's the right thing to do.

Thanks, again, in advance, for all your help.
You cannot submit them electronically since that option does NOT exist. You gotta mail out your file.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you also validate the appropriate forms?
Having the bar codes page(s) will expedite the data entry when CIC receives the application...and will minimize human error as well. ;)

Be sure that you're sending the latest version of the IMM forms and that any/all required signature(s) are in place!

lunacie

Jan 4, 2016
Thanks everybody. Ponga - I validated the forms, but I don't see a barcode anywhere? I did double check and am confident we have the latest forms.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lunacie said:
Thanks everybody. Ponga - I validated the forms, but I don't see a barcode anywhere? I did double check and am confident we have the latest forms.
You should have a bar code page for each form that was validated. The page will show several bar codes, that CIC will simply scan to upload/populate their system with your answers.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Print the form and see if the bar code page is generated and printed as well.

lunacie

Jan 4, 2016
Looks like it's a problem with Adobe Acrobat Pro - downloaded an older version and the barcodes show up, so will print from there. Thanks!