+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Made PR while out of country during Covid

mc.lark

Oct 6, 2019
Hi all :) Just wondering is anyone else in the strange position of being made PR while outside of Canada during covid times?! I returned back to UK in planned long visit mid March and am still here. I had assumed I could re-enter using my COPR, however as I was an inland applicant I was automatically given PR while already back in UK. Obviously I dont have a PR card as wasnt PR when there. Will getting PRTD be simple or difficult as have no days in canada since becoming PR?! Feeling confused and have sent in web form with no reply so far. Sorry a bit long and complicated!
Does anyone know how long PRTD takes London? Assume all longer at the moment. Just want to get back to Canada asap!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi all :) Just wondering is anyone else in the strange position of being made PR while outside of Canada during covid times?! I returned back to UK in planned long visit mid March and am still here. I had assumed I could re-enter using my COPR, however as I was an inland applicant I was automatically given PR while already back in UK. Obviously I dont have a PR card as wasnt PR when there. Will getting PRTD be simple or difficult as have no days in canada since becoming PR?! Feeling confused and have sent in web form with no reply so far. Sorry a bit long and complicated!
Does anyone know how long PRTD takes London? Assume all longer at the moment. Just want to get back to Canada asap!
You were supposed to let CIC know you were out of the country. This was only for inland applicants. CIC has started confirming that people are still in Canada. You will need to get a PRTD.