25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
Ms Malawi said:
Enjoy the love and support of a man like that. They seem to be rare, though when we find them we need to hang on tight and enjoy the ride!! Fingers crossed you will be reunited with him soon!
They are rare, so I'm holding TIGHT to mine!!! ;D

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
27-06-2012 - Kingston In Process
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
Ms Malawi said:
Ok... Now Halfmoon im jealous... sounds like your hubby is definitely your prince.
Im.waiting for our traditional Malawian wedding as my husband and I registered because he coulsnt bare to lose me to any of those men back in Canada. Im hoping for the upcoming wedding it will be similar to your experience, where i can be the princess for the day, and got a feeling it will be as he is already planning what traditions we will share.

Enjoy the love and support of a man like that. They seem to be rare, though when we find them we need to hang on tight and enjoy the ride!! Finhers crossed you will be reunited with him soon!
He's definitely my prince and a RARE find not to mention I think he's just so darn cute!! :p....Now I'm not saying it's a bed of roses here Ms Malawi!!! LOLOLOL!!!! The adjustment period after marriage came out of nowhere!!! Lord have mercy. But one thing I've learned and men don't get upset with me please...Women stand your ground on what you want from your man. It's a tug and pull but just think long run!!!! Plus I believe my husband respects me even more because I don't give so easily and stand for what I want and believe in.

I don't wrong your husband for "locking" you down. It's like putting a down payment on a home that you know everyone wants!!!! He's willing to pay the premium insurance and all!!!
And you will be the princess, I can assure you!!! It'll be your day so enjoy every minute of it....sighhhhhhhhhh

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
I had THE most uneventful, unromantic wedding EVER...hahaha

We had spent most of my trip to Morocco running from police station to tribunal to court house to Adul to tribunal to police...etc....

Then 4 days before I had to leave we made a trip to the Adul's office again *rolling eyes. We signed some more papers and then left the office. As we were walking along I said "Where next?" DH says "That's it." I was like "What do mean that's it? We are married now?" He says "Yes" ..O__O

So I take my wedding ring off my necklace and say "I guess I can put this on now." DH says "No, I will do it." So standing in the middle of a street in Kenitra, Morocco, yes we STOOD there (no he did not get on his knee!!) hahaha and he put the ring on. Then DH looks at me and says "Wife"... well I roared with laughter and said right back "Husband". And that was it. He did not even sleep in the same bed as me that night because we were staying at his sisters house. Now, knowing my DH as I do and knowing the culture there I was not surprised as he has a deep respect for his family and mother. Eventually though family came for the party and his mother told him to sleep in my room hahahaha THANK GOD we don't have that issue now that he is here...makin up for lost time actually ;) hehe

Yea so the fact that any of you lucky ladies got a dress or ceremony or carriage or even something formal ...count yourselves as blessed. hahahaha

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
dair2dv8103100 said:
I had THE most uneventful, unromantic wedding EVER...hahaha

We had spent most of my trip to Morocco running from police station to tribunal to court house to Adul to tribunal to police...etc....

Then 4 days before I had to leave we made a trip to the Adul's office again *rolling eyes. We signed some more papers and then left the office. As we were walking along I said "Where next?" DH says "That's it." I was like "What do mean that's it? We are married now?" He says "Yes" ..O__O

So I take my wedding ring off my necklace and say "I guess I can put this on now." DH says "No, I will do it." So standing in the middle of a street in Kenitra, Morocco we STOOD there (no he did not get on his knee!!) hahaha and he put the ring on. Then DH looks at me and says "Wife"... well I roared with laughter and said right back "Husband". And that was it. He did not even sleep in the same bed as me that night because we were staying at his sisters house. Now, knowing my DH as I do and knowing the culture there I was not surprised as he has a deep respect for his family and mother. Eventually though family came for the party and his mother told him to sleep in my room hahahaha THANK GOD we don't have that issue now that he is here...makin up for lost time actually ;) hehe

Yea so the fact that any of you lucky ladies got a dress or ceremony or carriage or even something formal ...count yourself's as blessed. hahahaha
Wife...Husband...Classic! LOL

Ms Malawi

Oct 20, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2012
AOR Received.
18-12-2012
File Transfer...
07-01-2013
Med's Done....
30-08-2012
Interview........
02-05-2013
Passport Req..
10-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2013
LANDED..........
27-05-2013
Halfmoon said:
Wife...Husband...Classic! LOL
Think of the story for your grandchildren about your wedding day!

Mine was an hour at the district commissioners office being sent up and down stairs to all different offices before finally spending twenty minutes with the district commissioner being grilled about ehy we should get married. And then my brother in law saying, yes your married after we signed our licence. Im hoping the big one is a little classier than this one!

aerogurl87

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-02-13
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
WAIVED!!!! :)
Passport Req..
12-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
Halfmoon said:
ha ha...my husband has a short attention span when it comes to paperwork. It's like telling a 5 year old to eat vegetables. It took us months to get completed not to mention we were so busy with work and life.
Well as you can see from my timeline, I got my medical done in April and we were supposed to file in May after we got back from our trip to Jamaica. But thanks to Mr. Procrastinator (also known as my wonderful boyfriend) that turned into late July. At that point I put my foot down and said we were filing within a week before my FBI certificate expired. Because I was not waiting another three months to get a new one, haha. He finally did something then.

aerogurl87

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-02-13
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
12-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
Halfmoon, I hope my wedding will be as awesome as yours sounds. We are waiting to get married until after I have my PR, so we won't be possibly forced to be apart during our marriage. The only thing that is in stone is that my boyfriend wants to get married at a castle in my hometown and wear a kilt, haha. But that carriage surprise sounds like something straight out of a fairytale. You have yourself a keeper!

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
aerogurl87 said:
Well as you can see from my timeline, I got my medical done in April and we were supposed to file in May after we got back from our trip to Jamaica. But thanks to Mr. Procrastinator (also known as my wonderful boyfriend) that turned into late July. At that point I put my foot down and said we were filing within a week before my FBI certificate expired. Because I was not waiting another three months to get a new one, haha. He finally did something then.
There is something in the DNA of most men where they can only only gets things done on the due date or as my husband says "the appointed time". Hmmmmmmmmm ??? ???

mameelynn

Oct 22, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo... I mean CPP Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/02/2012
Doc's Request.
06/06/2012
File Transfer...
03/07/2012
Med's Done....
16/12/2011
Passport Req..
12/12/12
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2013
LANDED..........
04/2013
aerogurl87 said:
Haha! we had sort of the same issue... I filled in all the paperwork and would just as my husband the answers so he didn't have a choice to put it off any longer! Unfortunately for us our computer crashed when we were about 90% done filling out our forms and had to start all over again. Sad thing was that we ended up waiting like an extra week to send in our papers just because his lame siblings wouldn't give us their addresses again! Our papers arrived the last day his FBI report was valid!

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
aerogurl87 said:
Halfmoon, I hope my wedding will be as awesome as yours sounds. We are waiting to get married until after I have my PR, so we won't be possibly forced to be apart during our marriage. The only thing that is in stone is that my boyfriend wants to get married at a castle in my hometown and wear a kilt, haha. But that carriage surprise sounds like something straight out of a fairytale. You have yourself a keeper!
As extravagant as it sounds, everything about our wedding was simple. The flowers were all picked, food was catered by uncle, just the whole community, friends and family lent their hand to make the wedding so amazing!!! The photographer who we squeezed in our budget ended up refusing to accept our payment because they said they couldn't recall the last time they captured a wedding that touched their hearts as our did. They were the ones crying in the end. I was thinking about writing a book and calling it how to plan a dream wedding on a budget!

LOL...you get the castle, I got the horse!! We should merge the two.

As for the quilt, not the first time and won't be the last!! Sounds like it will be a blast!!

Halfmoon

Champion Member
Jul 3, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2012
AOR Received.
26-06-2012
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
27-01-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-01-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2013
LANDED..........
Valentine's Day
mameelynn said:
Haha! we had sort of the same issue... I filled in all the paperwork and would just as my husband the answers so he didn't have a choice to put it off any longer! Unfortunately for us our computer crashed when we were about 90% done filling out our forms and had to start all over again. Sad thing was that we ended up waiting like an extra week to send in our papers just because his lame siblings wouldn't give us their addresses again! Our papers arrived the last day his FBI report was valid!
Late but right on time!!

aerogurl87

Nov 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-07-2012
Doc's Request.
12-02-13
AOR Received.
18-10-2012
Med's Done....
23-04-2012
Interview........
Passport Req..
12-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-03-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2013
mameelynn said:
Ours arrived one day before mine expired as well. I was freaking out because I sent it through purolator and for the first day I got no updates on where it was. Then the next day it said it was signed and I saw the signature and sighed a huge sigh of relief. At least your application got there and on time. That's what really matters in the end, well that and getting approval. :)

dair2dv8103100

Aug 6, 2010
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
28.02.11/19.03.12
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Aug 1, 2012 :)
Ms Malawi said:
Think of the story for your grandchildren about your wedding day!

Mine was an hour at the district commissioners office being sent up and down stairs to all different offices before finally spending twenty minutes with the district commissioner being grilled about ehy we should get married. And then my brother in law saying, yes your married after we signed our licence. Im hoping the big one is a little classier than this one!
hahaha never thought of stories for the grandkids....will be great!

At least I know eventually we will have some little ceremony here because my daughter, mum and friends would love to be involved in making something a little more romantic. So someday I will have my barefoot, over looking the lake at sunset wedding ^__^ for now... Wife...will have to do :p

kyc221

Feb 20, 2012
Santiago, Chile
Category........
Visa Office......
Santiago, Chile
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2012
AOR Received.
11-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-05-2012
Passport Req..
26-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
02-05-2013
LANDED..........
20-05-2013
Our wedding was a simple civil ceremony, though I wore a wedding dress and we had a photographer too. The thing is, we only invited DH's family and friends, which adds up to a hundred people!! :eek: That's why we decided to make it a bit fancier, but it was only possible because everyone helped us make it work. It was a wonderful day :)

Still, what blew me away was his proposal. It was in Las Vegas, on a balcony overlooking the Bellagio fountains, with the "Eiffel" Tower in the background..... <3 <3

We also plan on having a bigger ceremony in about 5 years, where we'll renew our vows; we want to invite everyone this time, and hopefully have our own children participate (if they exist by then, of course, lol).

lunas

Champion Member
Apr 10, 2012
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/07/2012
AOR Received.