+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

LOST PASSPORT WITH VALID VISA INSIDE CANADA - (TRV) Replacement

Azp6680

Jul 22, 2017
Canada
Hello guys,

I am currently on student visa and my study permit and TRV both valid till June 2020.

But i lost my passport and got new one from indian embassy from here in Vancouver, canada.

I applied for replacement of my TRV which is i lost alomg woth my old passport by uaing replacement form no
Replacement of an Immigration Document (IMM 5009)

I checked Temporary Residence Permit on that form for replacement TRV visa but they issued me new study permit i think i submitted wromg form that is why they have have replaced new study permit insted of trv!!!!!!.

However my question is : how do i get replacement of my TRV stamped from old passpoet to New passport??

Is there any special form to transfer TR stamp from lost paasport to new one?

And most importantly do i have to give biometrics?

ALL REPLAY AND HELP WILL BE REALLY APPRECIATE.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hello guys,

I am currently on student visa and my study permit and TRV both valid till June 2020.

But i lost my passport and got new one from indian embassy from here in Vancouver, canada.

I applied for replacement of my TRV which is i lost alomg woth my old passport by uaing replacement form no

I checked Temporary Residence Permit on that form for replacement TRV visa but they issued me new study permit i think i submitted wromg form that is why they have have replaced new study permit insted of trv!!!!!!.

However my question is : how do i get replacement of my TRV stamped from old passpoet to New passport??

OK, so that form will only give you a Study permit, not a TRV. You now have a study permit with new passport details. You just need to now apply for a fresh TRV based on the study permit you were issued.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp?countrySelect=CA

Azp6680

Jul 22, 2017
Canada
OK, so that form will only give you a Study permit, not a TRV. You now have a study permit with new passport details. You just need to now apply for a fresh TRV based on the study permit you were issued.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp?countrySelect=CA
Hello,

So today i just received study permit and unfortunately study permit contained my old passport number instead of new passport.

I don't know whether it is right or wrong.

How would i get new passport number on study permit? Is it necessary to have new passport number on study permit?

I also concern about giving biometrics.

Do i have to give biometrics when i apply for TRV from inside canada ?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hello,

So today i just received study permit and unfortunately study permit contained my old passport number instead of new passport.

I don't know whether it is right or wrong.

How would i get new passport number on study permit? Is it necessary to have new passport number on study permit?

I also concern about giving biometrics.

Do i have to give biometrics when i apply for TRV from inside canada ?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
I would contact IRCC on their helpline regarding the passport number.

Biometrics is valid for 10 years, so you don't need to submit again.

Benjay07

Oct 30, 2020
Hi Azp6680

I have the exact same issue that you had. I lost my passport. Got a new passport. Applied to replace my TRV but I got issued a study permit instead. The study permit also got to me today and still has the old passport number which doesn’t even make any sense. I’d like to please know how You resolved this if you eventually did. And if you had any issues with travelling if you had to travel. I have now applied for a new TRV separately cuz apparently the replacement of immigration document doesn’t cover TrVs

would appreciate any help

Azp6680

Jul 22, 2017
Canada
Hi Azp6680

I have the exact same issue that you had. I lost my passport. Got a new passport. Applied to replace my TRV but I got issued a study permit instead. The study permit also got to me today and still has the old passport number which doesn’t even make any sense. I’d like to please know how You resolved this if you eventually did. And if you had any issues with travelling if you had to travel. I have now applied for a new TRV separately cuz apparently the replacement of immigration document doesn’t cover TrVs

would appreciate any help
Hi,

I had no issue with crossing the boarder. You do not need to update new Passport number on Study permit. However, i have applied new TRV with the form IMM 5545 Replacement of Immigration Document. in which, you will have tick mark Temporary resident permit.

Benjay07

Oct 30, 2020
Hi,

I had no issue with crossing the boarder. You do not need to update new Passport number on Study permit. However, i have applied new TRV with the form IMM 5545 Replacement of Immigration Document. in which, you will have tick mark Temporary resident permit.
Thanks for the response. However Just to clarify. Did you say you got a new TRV using that form (5545)? I know it was a long time ago but that’s similar to the form (imm5009) that I filled and got only the study permit. I have applied for new TRV now with form now 5708 awaiting response.

Azp6680

Jul 22, 2017
Canada
Thanks for the response. However Just to clarify. Did you say you got a new TRV using that form (5545)? I know it was a long time ago but that’s similar to the form (imm5009) that I filled and got only the study permit. I have applied for new TRV now with form now 5708 awaiting response.
Hi,

Sorry but i can not recall exactly which form i used to get new trv. But my instinct says i have used imm5257e for new trv on new passport with supporting documents such as police report related to lost of old passport and proof of college enrolment.

Azp6680

Jul 22, 2017
Canada
Hi i recall the situation. All you need to apply fresh trv with standard ways. All you need to include LOE and Police report.

And about Old passport number on study permit doesn't need to be updated. I remember i called IRCC and she mentione that you do jot need to update passport no. On your existing study permit.

Vee15

Oct 26, 2019
hi I just applied for my TRV with a new passport mine expired last year . online it says 50days for processing I just wanted to know how long I took for you all to get an approval

Saikumarv52

Dec 19, 2020
Hello guys,

Bro did you got your TRV on new passport now