+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lost passport with unused permanent resident visa... WHAT TO DO??? HELP!!!

fatima.imran

Jun 30, 2013
much_mann said:
I think newcomer's suggesting is the best approach.

Reading the link posted by Badar14, I believe the forms and document that were refered to will be more relevant if you had actually "landed" obtained your PR card and this card is now lost/misplaced, or you are a "landed" PR that needs to return to canada and do not have a PR card with you.

The PR process is only completed after you landed within the validity period of your PR visa.

Hope this help and goodluck at the visa office. I am praying with you to find a patient and kind VO that will attend to your matter quickly.
yes you are right... Those forms are for the people who are in canada :( and thanku for your prayres :)

fatima.imran

Jun 30, 2013
Canadian mum said:
this is really disheartening, :( the heart of man is truely wicked. i wish you God's favour in your quest...
thanku for your kind words and prayers :) lets hope God blesses us...

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
fatima.imran said:
Thanku all for your suggestions and advices as they have proved to be very helpful :)
Hi,

If possible,please do keep us posted about your case progress as it might be helpful for anyone who (God forbid) experience the same situation in future.

In addition,I do believe that if the culprit lives in your household ,filing a police complaint might compell him/her to return the passports.

Good Luck!

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 and PPR2 in June with gap of 10 days .....
VISA ISSUED...
ما شاء الله ,الحمد لله......July 2014......
LANDED..........
September 2014...Living Happily in Vancouver B.C.
actually she lives in joint family system how some one could file a police complaint against her own uncle, aunt living in the same place even she does not have any proof ......

fatima.imran

Jun 30, 2013
newcomer said:
Hi,

If possible,please do keep us posted about your case progress as it might be helpful for anyone who (God forbid) experience the same situation in future.

In addition,I do believe that if the culprit lives in your household ,filing a police complaint might compell him/her to return the passports.

Good Luck!
i certainly will keep updating the progress of our case.... as for now we have filed an F.I.R and have faxed the canadian high commissions in UK as well as islamabad (pakistan) reporting the incident and tomorrow we will mail a detailed letter with proof sources like the fir, photocopies of our lost passports and visas, landing documents etc and the documents showing our closure from pakistan like resignations, draft, kids school leaving certificates etc... to canadian high commission uk and a copy to canadian high commission islamabad. Also we applied for new passports...

fatima.imran

Jun 30, 2013
awai ali said:
actually she lives in joint family system how some one could file a police complaint against her own uncle, aunt living in the same place even she does not have any proof ......
and plus my grandmother (dads mom)

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
fatima.imran said:
and plus my grandmother (dads mom)
Sorry, for using the wrong phrase.By police complaint I meant Police report of stolen passports but without accusing one.Obviously no one cannot (and should not) accuse any family member without any proof (or even if you have a proof,one shouldnt go for it,in my personal opinion).As,sooner or later ,you are getting your visas re-stamped for sure,but any emotional act at this occasion will certainly jeopardize the situation to the worst.

Hope,I have made it clear this time :D

I do not know where are you based at but,in my home country you cannot apply for a replacement of govt. issued ID without filing a police report.

fatima.imran

Jun 30, 2013
newcomer said:
Sorry, for using the wrong phrase.By police complaint I meant Police report of stolen passports but without accusing one.Obviously no one cannot (and should not) accuse any family member without any proof.I do not know where are you based at but,in my home country you cannot apply for a replacement of govt. issued ID without filing a police report.
in my country also any government issued document cannot be reissued without a police report...... And we have filed a police report as we applied for new passports...

fatima.imran

Jun 30, 2013
newcomer said:
Yeah ,I am also a landed immigrant ,living in Calgary,Canada since 2011.Good to know that you are also from Pakistan.

BTW where are you planning to land ?
toronto :D where did you live in pakistan?

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
much_mann said:
I think newcomer's suggesting is the best approach.

Reading the link posted by Badar14, I believe the forms and document that were refered to will be more relevant if you had actually "landed" obtained your PR card and this card is now lost/misplaced, or you are a "landed" PR that needs to return to canada and do not have a PR card with you.

The PR process is only completed after you landed within the validity period of your PR visa.

Hope this help and goodluck at the visa office. I am praying with you to find a patient and kind VO that will attend to your matter quickly.
Hi Much mann

check both the links again both are relevant to her case its not only for those who lost the PR card its for all who lost the travel documents recheck that again

Badar