+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

lost passport with unused permanent resident visa... WHAT TO DO??? HELP!!!

fatima.imran

Jun 30, 2013
dear all,
my family had applied for a PR visa for canada and we got it in april 2013, we got the seats booked for 29th june and just before leaving for the airport all the passport were found to be missing although my mom had checked them before going to bed. i wanted to ask wethear the cnadian will restamp the counterfoil on our new passports, if so, then what is the process for canadian PR visa replacement on new passports and long will this take? we have all the previous record of our correspodence and even the landing papers and scanned coppies of the lost visas and passports. and we have time till 27th dec to enter canada before our medical redults expire.

thanku for your help.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
Re: lost passport with unused permanent resident visa

fatima.imran said:
my family had applied for a PR visa for canada and we got it in april 2013, we got the seats booked for 29th june and just before leaving for the airport all the passport were found to be missing although my mom had checked them before going to bed. i wanted to ask wethear the cnadian will restamp the counterfoil on our new passports, if so, then what is the process for canadian PR visa replacement on new passports and long will this take? we have all the previous record of our correspodence and even the landing papers and scanned coppies of the lost visas and passports. and we have time till 27th dec to enter canada before our medical redults expire.

thanku.
You need to contact the visa office and report the loss of the counterfoil. They will be able to replace it, though you may have to pay a fee to do so.

DR Who

Nov 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-Apr-2011
Doc's Request.
PER 18-May-2011
AOR Received.
RBVO 17-June
File Transfer...
In-Proc 16-July
Med's Request
19-Jul-2011
Med's Done....
16-Aug-2011, Med received in Ecas 9-Oct-2011
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
PPR 1 on 29 Oct -2011/ PPR 2 on 7 Nov - 2011
VISA ISSUED...
9-Nov-2011
LANDED..........
29 May 2012
I suggest you talk with your loved one in the family who is not immigrating. I think out of the love for you or your family member he/she might have hidden the passports.

gabrilla

Jul 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3/1/2012
AOR Received.
23/2/2012
IELTS Request
SUBMITTED WITH APPL
Med's Request
31/01/2014
Med's Done....
17/02/2014
Interview........
WAIVED IJN
Passport Req..
27/03/2014
VISA ISSUED...
08/04/2014
LANDED..........
SUMMER IJN
DR Who said:
I suggest you talk with your loved one in the family who is not immigrating. I think out of the love for you or your family member he/she might have hidden the passports.
That is not love please!!!!, It is stabbing one in the back

fatima.imran

Jun 30, 2013
DR Who said:
yes we do suspect a person in our home as we live in a joint family but we have no evidence against them sadly

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 and PPR2 in June with gap of 10 days .....
VISA ISSUED...
ما شاء الله ,الحمد لله......July 2014......
LANDED..........
September 2014...Living Happily in Vancouver B.C.
who was the principal applicant you or your husband???????

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
fatima.imran said:
dear all,

thanku for your help.
Hi Fatima

You father need to fill the following forms available in below links

Please check following links might help you

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5545ETOC.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

Badar

FavourMercy

Star Member
May 30, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fatima.imran said:
yes we do suspect a person in our home as we live in a joint family but we have no evidence against them sadly
Food for thought
Lesson learnt here is to keep such precious documents under lock and key, especially away from those who are not immigrating

newcomer

Dec 3, 2007
Middle East
fatima.imran said:
dear all,

thanku for your help.
I believe your best bet would be to contact your visa office AS SOON AS POSSIBLE through e-mail.They will be able to guide you about the best and official solution of the problem.Please do not forget to mention "Urgent " alongwith some brief description of your problem in the "subject",so that the IO could open and respond to your e-mail in a priority.Do mention all your important applicaton details in the message i.e. File #,Principal applicant name,DoB etc etc.

Besides,in my view ,as passports, are very important identity documents and can be mis-used by anyone in future,so you MUST file a police complaint.In this way, you will have proof of loosing these docs. in case if you need it in future.In addition, as visa office can stamp your new visas ONLY on your new passports,you might need that report for applying for new passports as well.I am not sure but may be your visa office also might require the police report as a proof.

You do not need to worry ,for sure,you will be re-issued your visas ,however,it might take 1-2 months,depending upon how soon VO responds you and you get your new passports issued.

All the best!

awai ali

Champion Member
May 30, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2011
Doc's Request.
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2012
Med's Request
March 2014
Med's Done....
April 2014
Interview........
February 2014
Passport Req..
PPR1 and PPR2 in June with gap of 10 days .....
VISA ISSUED...
ما شاء الله ,الحمد لله......July 2014......
LANDED..........
September 2014...Living Happily in Vancouver B.C.
FavourMercy said:
Food for thought
Lesson learnt here is to keep such precious documents under lock and key, especially away from those who are not immigrating

Ya,,,,its really strange and heart breaking .......i saw first time who facing such a situation and remembering a my friend even he did not told their brothers and sister about immigration till departure .....so this is really a lesson .........

much_mann

Star Member
Feb 12, 2012
I think newcomer's suggesting is the best approach.

Reading the link posted by Badar14, I believe the forms and document that were refered to will be more relevant if you had actually "landed" obtained your PR card and this card is now lost/misplaced, or you are a "landed" PR that needs to return to canada and do not have a PR card with you.

The PR process is only completed after you landed within the validity period of your PR visa.

Hope this help and goodluck at the visa office. I am praying with you to find a patient and kind VO that will attend to your matter quickly.

badar14 said:
Hi Fatima

You father need to fill the following forms available in below links

Please check following links might help you

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5545ETOC.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/travel.asp

Badar

Canadian mum

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Nomination.....
25-08-2014
Med's Request
08-11-2014
Med's Done....
24-11-2014
Passport Req..
09-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2014
fatima.imran said:
dear all,

thanku for your help.

this is really disheartening, :( the heart of man is truely wicked. i wish you God's favour in your quest...