+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost my COPR

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
I have my citizenship test on the 15th of March (14 days from now) and I remembered that my COPR was taken by a border officer when I went on holiday --- I am freaking out!!!
My invitation letter didn't ask for it, and the Citizenship Officer didn't ask for it.
The PR card was mentioned in the invitation and was requested by the CO, but the COPR was not.

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
Hi
Do not worry, a friend told me they only asked for the PR cards and took them away--be ready for explanation if they ask--do not worry
Do they take PR cards away during interview??

I need them to travel until I get passport.

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Do they take PR cards away during interview??

I need them to travel until I get passport.
You cease to be a PR once you become citizen. Even if they don't take the PR card away on oath day, you shouldn't use it any more as it's invalid...

nina_bg

Jul 23, 2010
Yes that is a better idea. It will make sure you have all aspects covered. Remember though you may have to tell them that you lost it after applying for citizenship because otherwise they may ask why you did not apply in the past
hi, i lost my PR card but i have my orig COPR , my interview is nextweek. I submitted a solemn declaration and bring a copy of it in my interview. Would it be fine?

btbt

Feb 26, 2018
hi, i lost my PR card but i have my orig COPR , my interview is nextweek. I submitted a solemn declaration and bring a copy of it in my interview. Would it be fine?
That should be fine. If you've submitted the solemn declaration then they'll have updated their systems (and notified CBSA), so they won't expect you to have the card anymore.

Do make sure to take sufficient forms of ID (driver's licence, health card, passport(s),...), as without the PR card you have one fewer piece of photo ID.

(Anyone else reading this: make sure to complete the Solemn Declaration concerning a Permanent Resident card that was lost, stolen, destroyed or never received (CIT 0459E) as soon as you notice you've lost your PR card. Not doing so may mean you won't receive your citizenship certificate at the ceremony, but only later, once the Solemn Declaration has been submitted and processed. You may luck out and be allowed to complete it at the ceremony, but that is not guaranteed.)

piejack

Feb 2, 2018
My invitation letter didn't ask for it, and the Citizenship Officer didn't ask for it.
The PR card was mentioned in the invitation and was requested by the CO, but the COPR was not.
I took the test - you were right they did not ask for it

Angel89

Mar 14, 2019
I have my citizenship test on the 15th of March (14 days from now) and I remembered that my COPR was taken by a border officer when I went on holiday --- I am freaking out!!!
please share your experience after interview for citizenship without Copr !!!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Thanks for the reply.

in the oath ceremony, it says if your PR card is lost you should contact IRCC immediately and they have some Halifax email address.
Can I send the solemn declaration for immediately or I can do after the oath ceremony on Augu
Yes, contact them immediately and follow the instructions on the oath invitation letter.