+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost my COPR

van881

Dec 19, 2014
Hi everyone,

I have a PR card and applied for citizenship earlier this year. With my application, I included a copy of my Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292). I don't have the original COPR as it got lost somewhere when we moved house.

Now I have been invited to the citizenship interview/test. The invitation says that I need to bring the original COPR, which I obviously don't have.

Is there any chance that the copy will be sufficient? I can order a replacement, but the process takes around 6 months.

Thanks for any comments!

bbssmm88

Star Member
Sep 2, 2016
Hi
Do not worry, a friend told me they only asked for the PR cards and took them away--be ready for explanation if they ask--do not worry

Reactions: van881

van881

Dec 19, 2014
Do not worry, a friend told me they only asked for the PR cards and took them away--be ready for explanation if they ask--do not worry
Thanks! I'm thinking that I should apply for the Verification of Status document anyway. Then I can show up at the interview with a photocopy of my COPR and the receipt for my VOS application. Hopefully that will be enough, but I understand that it obviously depends on which immigration official I get.

ssherwani

Oct 12, 2012
Thanks! I'm thinking that I should apply for the Verification of Status document anyway. Then I can show up at the interview with a photocopy of my COPR and the receipt for my VOS application. Hopefully that will be enough, but I understand that it obviously depends on which immigration official I get.
Yes that is a better idea. It will make sure you have all aspects covered. Remember though you may have to tell them that you lost it after applying for citizenship because otherwise they may ask why you did not apply in the past

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
apply for the VoS right away, there are forum members who said they received it in a month or so, instead of 6 months.
Apply for it and ensure you keep it safe this time.

Reactions: van881

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
You must apply asap COPR replacement VOS asap, i mean tommorow Tuesday expresspost otherwise you wont get Citizenship, send the VOS with copy LETTER of invitation to the citizenship interview/test to indicate you need asap they might send you VOS in matter of few days before your appointment with respect to that letter. If you dont get VOS 1 week before test you should ask for another date letting them know reason being you need VOS of COPR which will be ok. But you must act now. I am surprised you waited this long and have scramble around so late.

Last edited:

Navprateek

Dec 29, 2015
Hi everyone,

I have a PR card and applied for citizenship earlier this year. With my application, I included a copy of my Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292). I don't have the original COPR as it got lost somewhere when we moved house.

Now I have been invited to the citizenship interview/test. The invitation says that I need to bring the original COPR, which I obviously don't have.

Is there any chance that the copy will be sufficient? I can order a replacement, but the process takes around 6 months.

Thanks for any comments!
You need to apply again for COPR, the cost of the same is around is $300 and can take u pto 2 months to get a new document. I am not 100% sure but I have heard that you need this DOC for pension eligibility in future.

_MK_

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016
AOR Received.
09-04-2016
File Transfer...
23-06-2016
Med's Request
18-01-2017
Med's Done....
01-02-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Its not 300$. It costs $30.
Just apply as soon as you can.
You will likely be fine with the copy of COPR at the interview. Just say you misplaced the orignial if asked.
The main thing is the info in it. The VOS itself is a soft copy pdf document they send and you need to print.
It is almost the same as the COPR except the signature from the CBSA official.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Our COPR was checked, besides PR cards, passports. Apply and take the receipt etc with you. Let them know you misplaced it and have applied, provide proof.
Good luck.

Electra

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Dubai
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ON
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-08-2017
Med's Request
30-05-2017
Med's Done....
07-06-2017
I am in similar situation, Can anyone guide me please.. I lost my COPR copy after landing and before issuing the SIN Card...i am 3rd week in Canada.. Shall i apply for VOS straight away or shall i wait for the PR Card?

Did anyone received the VOS with minimum time frame as they say 6 months??

Your advice would be a great help??

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
I am in similar situation, Can anyone guide me please.. I lost my COPR copy after landing and before issuing the SIN Card...i am 3rd week in Canada.. Shall i apply for VOS straight away or shall i wait for the PR Card?

get your COPR replacement straight away so even if its 6 months it wont heart. But most people get copy of COPR in 2-3 months or less after CIC receive your app.

also have it Laminated and store in very secure place home drawer with key access.

walmzd

Star Member
May 27, 2012

I had my citizenship interview last week, the 1st things the officer asked for were COPR & PR card

piejack

Feb 2, 2018
Hi
I have my citizenship test on the 15th of March (14 days from now) and I remembered that my COPR was taken by a border officer when I went on holiday --- I am freaking out!!!

guddylover

Dec 31, 2016
You must apply asap COPR replacement VOS asap, i mean tommorow Tuesday expresspost otherwise you wont get Citizenship, send the VOS with copy LETTER of invitation to the citizenship interview/test to indicate you need asap they might send you VOS in matter of few days before your appointment with respect to that letter. If you dont get VOS 1 week before test you should ask for another date letting them know reason being you need VOS of COPR which will be ok. But you must act now. I am surprised you waited this long and have scramble around so late.
This is not totally true. I actually forgot to carry the COPR with me on my test day, I quickly asked someone to help me bring it from home, only to find out the don't require it anymore, and I deliberately asked if she wanted to see it and she said NO. Got decision made 2 days later. Or maybe I should blame this on IRCC's inconsistency.

Last edited: