+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost CoPR before landing

Mashie

May 19, 2019
hey guys ,
I lost mum CoPR before entering the border. The immigration officer said he won’t be able to let me in to Canada without it. What should I do ? Please help me !

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes, you can get a new CoPR. You should also email your local visa issuing office (where the passport request came from) and ask them for help.

Mashie

May 19, 2019
Thank you so much !!
I was really worried I’m a Sri Lankan but currently in USA and graduated from
College so I need to enter Canada. And I got my PR recently and this happened :/ . Do u know how long this will take ?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I was really worried I’m a Sri Lankan but currently in USA and graduated from
College so I need to enter Canada. And I got my PR recently and this happened :/ . Do u know how long this will take ?
Actually, if you're in the US with a valid US visa (so you can re-enter the US if needed), you can try going to the Canadian border with your passport and two new photos. CBSA has been known to print out a new CoPR at the port of entry.

Worst case, they tell you to come back with the CoPR and you simply return to the US.

Of course you need a valid US visa and be somewhat close to the land border - I wouldn't recommend flying, just drive over.

Mashie

May 19, 2019
Actually, if you're in the US with a valid US visa (so you can re-enter the US if needed), you can try going to the Canadian border with your passport and two new photos. CBSA has been known to print out a new CoPR at the port of entry.

Worst case, they tell you to come back with the CoPR and you simply return to the US.

Of course you need a valid US visa and be somewhat close to the land border - I wouldn't recommend flying, just drive over.
That’s what happened I went to the border yesterday and they are like come back with the document he can’t do anything :/ I only have the passport with immigrant
thank you so much ! I saw this thread and was amazed . In my case he said he can’t do anything until I have the original copr

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
That’s what happened I went to the border yesterday and they are like come back with the document he can’t do anything :/ I only have the passport with immigrant

thank you so much ! I saw this thread and was amazed . In my case he said he can’t do anything until I have the original copr
Yeah, it's not a given that they will. Depends on the officer and the circumstances I guess.

Just apply for a new CoPR, write an urgent email. You should get the new CoPR in a few weeks.

Good luck.

Mashie

May 19, 2019
Yeah, it's not a given that they will. Depends on the officer and the circumstances I guess.

Just apply for a new CoPR, write an urgent email. You should get the new CoPR in a few weeks.

Good luck.
Thank you so much ! I’ll let u know how it goes!