+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost Birth certificate

Martin Hus

Oct 16, 2015
Hi all,
Got question. I am a permanent resident. I applied for Canadian citizenship and submitted a copy of my son birth certificate. Now I am looking for the original birth certificate and I couldn't find it. My son was born in UAE. I wonder what is the proper procedure now. It seems that I can't issue new one from UAE embassy in Ottawa since they don't do it( as i found on their website).
Will the CIC request me to bring the original later?
I have my son passport and he is already in school in Canada.
Thanks,

MCBoy

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1. Do you have any copies? If you have - check if UAE Embassy will endorse it - that may save the day.
2. You can send an ATIP request to get a copy of your file - all documents you sent - if you had sent a copy this package will probably have the copy - just that this may take 30 days+
3. Call up UAE embassy and ask - they may have some procedure - you are probably not the first person to lose - not the last one either ;)

Good Luck!

Martin Hus

Oct 16, 2015
Yes I do have a copy. Thank you for the advice. I would definitely try with the UAE embassy after the weekend.

mullermax387

Star Member
Jul 24, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2011
File Transfer...
In Process from 17 January 2013
Med's Request
20-12-2012
Med's Done....
05-01-2013, RPRF, PCC, Med received 03-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-04-2013
LANDED..........
25th July 2013
Hi all,
Got question. I am a permanent resident. I applied for Canadian citizenship and submitted a copy of my son birth certificate. Now I am looking for the original birth certificate and I couldn't find it. My son was born in UAE. I wonder what is the proper procedure now. It seems that I can't issue new one from UAE embassy in Ottawa since they don't do it( as i found on their website).
Will the CIC request me to bring the original later?
I have my son passport and he is already in school in Canada.
Thanks,
Hi,

My case is exactly the same as yours. I recently ordered a new copy from back home. But, I heard that we need to inform the police if something important like this is lost.