+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lost application after test?

timothyj

Mar 5, 2013
Hey everyone,

I sat the citizenship test 8 weeks ago (July 15) in Montreal and passed, yet my application has not changed to "Decision Made". I called IRCC 3 weeks ago and the agent said that my application should have moved forward since the test, but she also said that the test score had not been put in, saying that the application had fallen behind their internal processing times and she would contact the office to ask them to move it forward.

There have been no changes to the file since I called - I called again late last week and that agent said that the Montreal office had been contacted and there's nothing I can do except wait. It kind of seems like it's at the point where my application might have been lost, which seems like a valid concern since everything is done on paper - does anyone know what do to here? I can see from the Google citizenship chart that almost everybody's status changes to decision made within a week of the test, and it seems like nobody has it drag out for this long..

JPBless

May 14, 2018
Hey everyone,

I sat the citizenship test 8 weeks ago (July 15) in Montreal and passed, yet my application has not changed to "Decision Made". I called IRCC 3 weeks ago and the agent said that my application should have moved forward since the test, but she also said that the test score had not been put in, saying that the application had fallen behind their internal processing times and she would contact the office to ask them to move it forward.

There have been no changes to the file since I called - I called again late last week and that agent said that the Montreal office had been contacted and there's nothing I can do except wait. It kind of seems like it's at the point where my application might have been lost, which seems like a valid concern since everything is done on paper - does anyone know what do to here? I can see from the Google citizenship chart that almost everybody's status changes to decision made within a week of the test, and it seems like nobody has it drag out for this long..
Your application IS NOT LOST. Rather, it is going through citizenship process and processing office's internal queue, which could mean a number of things. The fact your application has not changed to Decision Made is not unusual. In fact some applications spend MONTHS from test to Decision Made. Believe it or not, it is waiting game now. Your application could change to Decision Made, oath invite and oath in a matter of weeks or months.

Last edited:

nanni_doc

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
warsawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 December 2014
Doc's Request.
13 May 2015
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
14 May 2015
Med's Done....
15 May 2015
Interview........
Third Line Update - 28 May 2015, DM/FLU - 25 June 2015
Passport Req..
7th July 2015; passports submitted: 7July 2015; Passports received back: 16 July 2015
VISA ISSUED...
26 june 2015
LANDED..........
Hopefully in November
If you haven’t contacted your local MP’s office, please do. That should help or at least give you better answers

Reactions: k300k3

timothyj

Mar 5, 2013
thanks everyone! Gonna try contacting my MP, although not sure if I'll get anywhere since it's an election now. My concern was really that the first agent I talked to said that my test score hadn't been entered which she said (after 6 weeks) was "very unusual" — that's really why I'm concerned, since she said that is something that should be done immediately after the test (or say, within a week)