+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles LVO INFO

Bruinsfan88

Jul 9, 2019
So its normal to have to go to otherside of the USA for a Canadian visa?? Thats just crazy to me. Wish we would have known thats where our interview would be. Have less then a month worst part is i cant go to the usa inadmissable

UScit

Jul 9, 2019
So its normal to have to go to otherside of the USA for a Canadian visa?? Thats just crazy to me. Wish we would have known thats where our interview would be. Have less then a month worst part is i cant go to the usa inadmissable
They have 2 offices in the US. New York and Los Angeles, the ones that do the Visas is LA so there's no other way around it to my knowledge.

Riria

May 18, 2019
Hello all, I have a question about this current process that I'm in. It isn't a passport request, but I haven't seen anyone else mention anything about this so I didn't know what to classify it as.

I am an American citizen and wife is a Canadian born citizen.

How long is the wait now or what is the next step?

Attached are 2 images.

How long you guys been married?

Awy

Dec 5, 2018
My wife is apply for PR. We live on the border of quebec and vemont near montreal.. our app was sent to LA in Nov. 2018 just heard today we have an interview and have to go across counrty to LA for our interview... anybody have to do this or do you know how to change location
Hi .. what day in November?? And when is your interview or like how many days you have until ur the interview - period of time they gave u ?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Usually, the applicant is the only party that needs to attend the interview, and as a sponsor, it is optional. If you cannot attend the interview for whatever the reasons are, it should be fine. What you need to do is to have your phone (the one that you provided on your application) to be with you all the time on the interview day, just in case that the interviewer would call you for questions.

Bruinsfan88

Jul 9, 2019
Hi .. what day in November?? And when is your interview or like how many days you have until ur the interview - period of time they gave u ?
The 8th i think we got 30 days notification less 28 days now and a lot to do!!updated forms and police clearences because its been over a year since we got them done

Bruinsfan88

Jul 9, 2019
The 8th i think we got 30 days notification less 28 days now and a lot to do!!updated forms and police clearences because its been over a year since we got them done
Usually, the applicant is the only party that needs to attend the interview, and as a sponsor, it is optional. If you cannot attend the interview for whatever the reasons are, it should be fine. What you need to do is to have your phone (the one that you provided on your application) to be with you all the time on the interview day, just in case that the interviewer would call you for questions.
I have a record

Bruinsfan88

Jul 9, 2019
Have t

I have a record[/
And have to be there the form said no idea how im gonna get into usa with a record

niazed

Jun 24, 2019
Mine was also transferred in Feb 2019 - I'm on the west coast and an American Citizen which is why I didnt really think this was an issue. I am thinking maybe they are load balancing as well? We were sent an Interview letter last week and that is scheduled for August 7 at the LA office. The letter just asks to bring the same documentation like police certificate, proof of sponsor's status etc... Didnt state bring photos or evidence to prove your relationship...so thinking this is just a normal thing. My lawyer said this is a very common practice for Outland applications as the LVO isnt a centralized centre but they prefer to meet in person and finalize the application. Im thinking if I had redflags or we had been suspected of anything nefarious we would be asked to bring evidence to rebut the claims? I guess we all speculate at this point.
I hope that its just a process thing. When did you apply? I haven't heard a thing since Feb .. :/

Riria

May 18, 2019
I was on a J1 visa when I got married, and filed for a change status to B2 visa, and have filed for 2 more extensions. My B2 visa will expire on September 15th, 2019. I was a December 2018 applicant, and my file was transferred to Los Angeles VO. Will I have to go for an interview in Los Angeles or would they transfer my application to Manila If I go back to the Philippines before my B2 visa expires?

yamile9172

Nov 11, 2018
That is great! Have not heard back myself after the pre-arrival letter, but perhaps we are in the queue.
They finally dispatched my CoPR and passport on Monday 15th, and I finally have them with me. It took 2 weeks for me. Have you heard any update?

yamile9172

Nov 11, 2018
How did you know that they open your file? Did you get update like they started processing application etc
I just knew they had my app along with others in the queue to be opened on June 19th. Of course not all of them get to be opened at once but they do during the next days of that due date. On June 28th I finally got PPR.
Just as an additional info, my app pretty much came approvedfrom Mississauga, but they finished it in LA, so that's probably why it didn't take too long for them to finish it once they opened it.

Rosanna123

Star Member
May 24, 2019
I just knew they had my app along with others in the queue to be opened on June 19th. Of course not all of them get to be opened at once but they do during the next days of that due date. On June 28th I finally got PPR.
Just as an additional info, my app pretty much came approvedfrom Mississauga, but they finished it in LA, so that's probably why it didn't take too long for them to finish it once they opened it.
What was your timeline?

gobbos

Nov 27, 2018
They finally dispatched my CoPR and passport on Monday 15th, and I finally have them with me. It took 2 weeks for me. Have you heard any update?
I received the passport request last week! File was with LA for 8 months. Did not get asked for documents or an interview. Good luck with your journey.