Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
It was actually very easy, the officer just asked me to go over how we met and how our relationship is, we have been together for 5 years, married for 1.5.. so it wasn't very difficult.

My spouse came with me but sat in the waiting area and only joined me for the last 2 mins to sign a paper. The officer at the end just told me that he was "satisfied" that our relationship was genuine and gave me a little envelope that had our original photos in it. The next day we got the pre-arrival services letter in an email. He stated that my background was still in progress (the CSIS portion, since my FBI and RCMP were already done) so that could take time. The interview was only 20 minutes or so..

When we arrived back in Canada that same night, the CBSA BSO gave me a VR for 1 year and at the bottom it states that "PR Approved in Principle, awaiting finalization and issuance of COPR"
That's great that it went so well, congrats! And thanks for taking your time to share your experience with the rest of us. Hope the rest of your immigration to Canada goes as smoothly as possible :D

Awy

Dec 5, 2018
File transferred to LA VISA office December 4.2018
July 15,2019 got the fairness letter
asking us to prove our relationship is genuine cuz my husband wasn’t their for the wedding ceremony our marriage was proxy marriage which isn’t recognized in Canada any more since 2015 -they gave us 30 days
We re conducted our marriage n respond to the letter
N today we got the pre arrival letter
June 18.2018 applicant

Reactions: YamPower

qwert97

Sep 14, 2017
The file was transferred to LA last August. They requested some missing documents on Aug 8, 2019. I sent them on August 17, 2019, Prearrival email on August 21, 2019, waiting for PPR email. Since the applicant is from the visa-exempt country I am expecting just an email.

Took an year just with LAVO.

Reactions: Duemanshi

Duemanshi

Star Member
May 27, 2018
Had my interview today. Everything went well, we were approved on the spot and received my COPR. Feb 2018 applicant, 18 long months and its finally over.

Best of luck to everyone here, hope this office can start pumping out applications in a reasonable time.

Ninisha

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
HI,

Me and my wife are Canadian PR. We got PR before our daughter was born, crossed border in May 2018 and came back. Our daughter was born in USA in July 2018. We moved to Canada in April 2019 and applied for her PR in May 2019.
1.) It was received in Sydney office on May 27,2019.
2.) It was AOR on July 16,2019.
2.) On July 23,2019 I met the eligibility condition for being a sponsor and also told to take the medical exam.
3.) On July 26,2019 got a message telling the case was transferred to Mississauga for processing.
4.) On July 31,2019 we took the medical exam.
5.) On August 9,2019 got message that my daughter passed the medical exam.
6.) On August 21,2019 got a message telling case was transferred to Los Angeles office for processing.

I had paid the bio metrics fee while submitting the application but they refunded it back. Ours is a simple case of sponsoring a dependent child without any major issues and am concerned as to why it was sent to LA office for processing considering now we live in Canada.

Has any one else faced this for their dependent child PR sponsorship?

Romilpatel1

Dec 3, 2018
Had my interview today. Everything went well, we were approved on the spot and received my COPR. Feb 2018 applicant, 18 long months and its finally over.

Best of luck to everyone here, hope this office can start pumping out applications in a reasonable time.
Hey can you please tell us what are the questions you were asked? Please Thanks

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020

So sorry to hear it took so long, but glad you got approved on the spot at least!! What was the reason they asked you for an interview? And did they ever explain why it took them so long to get your case finished??

Congrats and hope you have a great new life in Canada :D

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
The file was transferred to LA last August. They requested some missing documents on Aug 8, 2019. I sent them on August 17, 2019, Prearrival email on August 21, 2019, waiting for PPR email. Since the applicant is from the visa-exempt country I am expecting just an email.

Took an year just with LAVO.
Just curious, were the "missing" documents in fact documents that you had already submitted originally? I've heard from other people that LAVO commonly will request documents that you've already included in your initial application package.
And if you don't mind me asking, what were the missing documents they requested?

Happy to hear they finally approved you though, and that's great they didn't make you go in for an interview! Hope your move to Canada goes well :)

G121

Sep 5, 2019
Hello Everyone
I just got an email today saying as follows
Please be advised that your file will be transferred to the visa office in Los Angeles. Should you require to contact that office, please ensure that all correspondence includes your complete name and date of birth as well as the application number listed above. You may contact the visa office by e- mail, fax, or in writing as follows:

Los Angeles
Consulate General of Canada Visa Section
550 South Hope Street, 9th Floor Los Angeles, California
90071, USA
E-mail: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas- eng.aspx?mission=los angeles
Fax number: (213) 625-7154
My question is as it just says trasferred and does not say for further processing does that mean it just got transferred for PPR??Please if anyone could helo me.
Thanks!!

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Hello Everyone
I just got an email today saying as follows
Please be advised that your file will be transferred to the visa office in Los Angeles. Should you require to contact that office, please ensure that all correspondence includes your complete name and date of birth as well as the application number listed above. You may contact the visa office by e- mail, fax, or in writing as follows:

Los Angeles
Consulate General of Canada Visa Section
550 South Hope Street, 9th Floor Los Angeles, California
90071, USA
E-mail: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas- eng.aspx?mission=los angeles
Fax number: (213) 625-7154
My question is as it just says trasferred and does not say for further processing does that mean it just got transferred for PPR??Please if anyone could helo me.
Thanks!!
The letter I got is identical to yours - it also stated that our application was merely "transferred" and didn't state "for further processing", but given that my GCKEY still states "Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" and "Background check: We are processing your background check.", it is assumed that my application was sent to LVO for further processing.

Check your GCKEY and see what it says.

Last edited:

G121

Sep 5, 2019
My letter also stated that our application was merely "transferred" and didn't state "for further processing", but given that my GCKEY still states "Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" and "Background check: We are processing your background check.", it is assumed that my application was sent to LAVO for further processing.

Check your GCKEY and see what it says.
If it is for further processing then good luck to us because from what i have read they take forever.if you dont mind can you share your timeline and also when did you get your file transferred to LAVO.And did they ask you for FBI report??They did ask me and i have provided that to them along with local PCC.And i dont have any criminal record or anything.I just want this to be done with ASAP.I cant handle the wait.

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
:(
If it is for further processing then good luck to us because from what i have read they take forever.if you dont mind can you share your timeline and also when did you get your file transferred to LAVO.And did they ask you for FBI report??They did ask me and i have provided that to them along with local PCC.And i dont have any criminal record or anything.I just want this to be done with ASAP.I cant handle the wait.
Yeah, apparently LVO is the slowest office in the US and Canada... My husband and I are considered a "complicated" case because this is his second marriage (though his first one was 15 years ago and didn't even last a year), plus he has 4 criminal charges from 2004 and earlier (2 of marijuana possession and 2 of domestic assault because aforementioned ex-wife was quite vengeful), so knowing our circumstances, our lawyers told us we should expect to be transferred to LVO (he is a US citizen living in Michigan) and that our application will probably take more than 12 months to process.
We submitted a combined spousal sponsorship and rehabilitation application. In our original application package, we included PCC from Michigan and Tennessee (where my husband has lived for more than 6 months in the past), plus the FBI clearance (required by both the spousal sponsorship and the rehabilitation application, so we submitted 2 originals), plus an Australia Federal Police clearance (since my husband spent 8 months there in 2006), so they didn't request any additional documents from us.

I guess I should be putting my timeline in my signature lol... Here's our timeline so far:

24 May, 2019 - App received
13 Jul, 2019 - AOR1
13 Jul, 2019 - ECAS IP
16 July, 2019 - MR
16 July, 2019 - Biometrics Fee Payment requested (we didn't pay prior to the initial application submission)
17 July, 2019 - SA
23 July, 2019 - Medical Exam
24 July, 2019 - App transferred to Mississauga VO
1 Aug, 2019 - Medical passed
2 Aug, 2019 - Biometrics Fee Receipt submitted
8 Aug, 2019 - App transferred to LVO
13 Aug, 2019 - Biometrics requested
27 Aug, 2019 - Biometrics submitted
27 Aug, 2019 - Biometrics passed

No updates since the biometrics were passed. We haven't requested our GCMS notes yet since we're pretty sure it was transferred due to the criminal charges (though it may also be because it is not my husband's first marriage). We'll give them some time before we start hounding them for status updates...

I feel you about the wait... I just want this to be over already, but we've got a long wait ahead of us apparently... :( Are there any possible complications you can think of with your application??

Last edited:

G121

Sep 5, 2019
:(

Yeah, apparently LAVO is the slowest office in the US and Canada... My husband and I are considered a "complicated" case because this is his second marriage (though his first one was 15 years ago and didn't even last a year), plus he has 4 criminal charges from 2004 and earlier (2 of marijuana possession and 2 of domestic assault because aforementioned ex-wife was quite vengeful), so knowing our circumstances, our lawyers told us we should expect to be transferred to LAVO (he is a US citizen living in Michigan) and that our application will probably take more than 12 months to process.
We submitted a combined spousal sponsorship and rehabilitation application. In our original application package, we included PCC from Michigan and Tennessee (where my husband has lived for more than 6 months in the past), plus the FBI clearance (required by both the spousal sponsorship and the rehabilitation application, so we submitted 2 originals), plus an Australia Federal Police clearance (since my husband spent 8 months there in 2006), so they didn't request any additional documents from us.

I guess I should be putting my timeline in my signature lol... Here's our timeline so far:

24 May, 2019 - App received
13 Jul, 2019 - AOR1
13 Jul, 2019 - ECAS IP
16 July, 2019 - MR
16 July, 2019 - Biometrics Fee Payment requested (we didn't pay prior to the initial application submission)
17 July, 2019 - SA
23 July, 2019 - Medical Exam
24 July, 2019 - App transferred to Mississauga VO
1 Aug, 2019 - Medical passed
2 Aug, 2019 - Biometrics Fee Receipt submitted
8 Aug, 2019 - App transferred to LAVO
13 Aug, 2019 - Biometrics requested
27 Aug, 2019 - Biometrics submitted
27 Aug, 2019 - Biometrics passed

No updates since the biometrics were passed. We haven't requested our GCMS notes yet since we're pretty sure it was transferred due to the criminal charges (though it may also be because it is not my husband's first marriage). We'll give them some time before we start hounding them for status updates...

I feel you about the wait... I just want this to be over already, but we've got a long wait ahead of us apparently... :( Are there any possible complications you can think of with your application??
I have no idea what it could be.I asked my lawyer and he said its normal because he had told me before we submitted our file in April that it will get transferred to LAVO.So i am just going to wait and see what happens.