+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles LVO INFO

gobbos

Nov 27, 2018
Interview no needed at all thanks God! They opened our app and one week after they sent me pre arrival services, and 7 days later on June 28th they sent me a PPR letter. I sent my passport that same day. It was a very straightforward app but they just wanted it to be further processed in the US even though they didn't have any red flags or concerns.
That is great! Have not heard back myself after the pre-arrival letter, but perhaps we are in the queue.

yamile9172

Nov 11, 2018
That is great! Have not heard back myself after the pre-arrival letter, but perhaps we are in the queue.
I really hope you hear something back soon. My husband moved not too long ago to Ottawa for a job offer and over there his parent got us a Politician contact number to help us with updates on our app. He cannot really make anything move forward or have power on any kind of app, but was super helpful to have him have up to date news instead of waiting one month for notes. You have to sign a consent form though so my husband was in person at his office and I just sent the consent form signed and scanned back. Let me know if you want his contact number since it is open to the public.

Reactions: gobbos

Romilpatel1

Dec 3, 2018
Hi Yaya,
I finally got my PPR letter last friday June 28th and sent my passport that same day. On July 13th it will be a year mark since we initially sent our application to Canada first. Los Angeles is certainly slow, but it took them one week once they opened it to reach a decision and send a pre arrival services letter and then 7 days letter my PPR.
Do you have any update for your app?
How did you know that they open your file? Did you get update like they started processing application etc

yamile9172

Nov 11, 2018
How did you know that they open your file? Did you get update like they started processing application etc
I actually never got any kind of update. It was all over the phone. Our app had a due date where they had to bring it forward along with other apps and for the few next days, it still wasn't opened, but then a week later I get pre arrival services and then 7 days later PPR.

Kalearn

Oct 24, 2018
I actually never got any kind of update. It was all over the phone. Our app had a due date where they had to bring it forward along with other apps and for the few next days, it still wasn't opened, but then a week later I get pre arrival services and then 7 days later PPR.
How did you contact them because i am trying to call them but it is not connecting.

Rosanna123

Star Member
May 24, 2019
Any update for you?
Nothing so far. Received an update ECAS that they started processing the application on June 25,2019. I was thinking to apply for visiting visa. Is it advisable? I Have heard that they will most likely reject. I don't know what to do at this point.

UScit

Jul 9, 2019
Hello all, I have a question about this current process that I'm in. It isn't a passport request, but I haven't seen anyone else mention anything about this so I didn't know what to classify it as.

I am an American citizen and wife is a Canadian born citizen.

How long is the wait now or what is the next step?

Attached are 2 images.

Last edited:

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hello all, I have a question about this current process that I'm in. It isn't a passport request, but I haven't seen anyone else mention anything about this so I didn't know what to classify it as.

Attached are 2 images.

Actually, it is the PPR (Passport Request). You are almost at the end of the finish line.

Rosanna123

Star Member
May 24, 2019

Attached are 2 images.

Wow! Congrats. So it only took two months to get PPR once your file was transfered to LA. Any interview request ?

UScit

Jul 9, 2019
Actually, it is the PPR (Passport Request). You are almost at the end of the finish line.
I was advised by a friend that since it was a visa exempt passport, that's why I didn't need to send my passport. If I had a passport from another country besides the US, I would've had to send it.

Bruinsfan88

Jul 9, 2019
My wife is apply for PR. We live on the border of quebec and vemont near montreal.. our app was sent to LA in Nov. 2018 just heard today we have an interview and have to go across counrty to LA for our interview... anybody have to do this or do you know how to change location

Reactions: Awy

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
My wife is apply for PR. We live on the border of quebec and vemont near montreal.. our app was sent to LA in Nov. 2018 just heard today we have an interview and have to go across counrty to LA for our interview... anybody have to do this or do you know how to change location
Actually, there isn't any locations to change with. You have to attend the interview at LA VO on time.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
I was advised by a friend that since it was a visa exempt passport, that's why I didn't need to send my passport. If I had a passport from another country besides the US, I would've had to send it.
Yes, you friend is right about that. So does the email you received. It doesn't require you to send your passport, just the copy of it and two photos per required specifications.