+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Los Angeles LVO INFO

Ninisha

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
HI,

Me and my wife are Canadian PR. We got PR before our daughter was born, crossed border in May 2018 and came back. Our daughter was born in USA in July 2018. We moved to Canada in April 2019 and applied for her PR in May 2019.
1.) It was received in Sydney office on May 27,2019.
2.) It was AOR on July 16,2019.
2.) On July 23,2019 I met the eligibility condition for being a sponsor and also told to take the medical exam.
3.) On July 26,2019 got a message telling the case was transferred to Mississauga for processing.
4.) On July 31,2019 we took the medical exam.
5.) On August 9,2019 got message that my daughter passed the medical exam.
6.) On August 21,2019 got a message telling case was transferred to Los Angeles office for processing.

I had paid the bio metrics fee while submitting the application but they refunded it back. Ours is a simple case of sponsoring a dependent child without any major issues and am concerned as to why it was sent to LA office for processing considering now we live in Canada.

Has any one else faced this for their dependent child PR sponsorship?
Hi,

I got this message in September 2019: "We started processing your application on September 9, 2019."

Then on October 21,2019 I got an update that the file was transferred from Los Angeles office to the New York office. They said I should get an acknowledgement from the New York office in 30 days and I didn't get any even though it is more than 30 days. I don't know why they keep on transferring the file from one office to another. Is anyone else going through the same situation? Is there a thread for the New York office?

Riria

May 18, 2019
Hi,

I got this message in September 2019: "We started processing your application on September 9, 2019."

Then on October 21,2019 I got an update that the file was transferred from Los Angeles office to the New York office. They said I should get an acknowledgement from the New York office in 30 days and I didn't get any even though it is more than 30 days. I don't know why they keep on transferring the file from one office to another. Is anyone else going through the same situation? Is there a thread for the New York office?
Los Angeles no longer processes PR applications which is why it was transferred to New York. Nothing to worry about.

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Hi,

From what I've read in these forums, visa offices are often not consistent about giving acknowledgement of receipt after the initial AOR1. Not receiving acknowledgement after transfer to the NY office shouldn't be anything to be concerned about.

Just curious, was it an agent at the call centre that told you NY would give you acknowledgement within 30 days? I've also read on these forums that the agents at the call centre often are misinformed, and to be careful about trusting the information they state when you call them.

Ninisha

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
From what I've read in these forums, visa offices are often not consistent about giving acknowledgement of receipt after the initial AOR1. Not receiving acknowledgement after transfer to the NY office shouldn't be anything to be concerned about.

Just curious, was it an agent at the call centre that told you NY would give you acknowledgement within 30 days? I've also read on these forums that the agents at the call centre often are misinformed, and to be careful about trusting the information they state when you call them.
Thanks for your reply. I got this information in the email sent to me from the Los Angeles Visa office.

Aug 14, 2019
Visa Office......
New York
Hi everyone, has any one seen % complete on their application? I noticed this a few days back and I’m not sure if a decision is close to being made on my application. Thank you in advance.

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Hi everyone, has any one seen % complete on their application? I noticed this a few days back and I’m not sure if a decision is close to being made on my application. Thank you in advance.
Are you talking about the percentage that shows on GCKEY under the "Estimated remaining processing time" bar? If so, as far as I can tell, that's just the percentage of time out of 12 months that has elapsed since you submitted your application. The percentage does not seem to be indicative of the exact percentage of your application that has been processed. I don't think it is an accurate indicator of how close the application is to "decision made".

For example, ours was submitted May 24, 2019, and our percentage shows as "53% complete", which is just over half of 12 months (it has been just over 6 months since we submitted our application). I doubt our application is actually precisely 53% processed.

Aug 14, 2019
Visa Office......
New York
Are you talking about the percentage that shows on GCKEY under the "Estimated remaining processing time" bar? If so, as far as I can tell, that's just the percentage of time out of 12 months that has elapsed since you submitted your application. The percentage does not seem to be indicative of the exact percentage of your application that has been processed. I don't think it is an accurate indicator of how close the application is to "decision made".

For example, ours was submitted May 24, 2019, and our percentage shows as "53% complete", which is just over half of 12 months (it has been just over 6 months since we submitted our application). I doubt our application is actually precisely 53% processed.
Thank you for helping me understand. I was a bit confused when I saw that. I appreciate it.

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Just an update on my case... the last we heard from the IRCC was on August 8, 2019 when they sent a letter stating our application was transferred to LA.

Despite that LA no longer processes PR applications, we never received a letter stating that our application was migrated from LA to NY.
However, on January 18, 2020, we sent in some additional proof of our relationship through the webform to the LA office, and the LA visa office forwarded it to the NY office stating the following:

"The Web Form inquiry below concerning an online application was routed to IRCC Los Angeles. Since IRCC Los Angeles was not involved in the review/assessment process and/or since your office was listed as the "Primary Office," we are forwarding the inquiry to you for proper action."

The NY office then replied to us the following:

"We confirm receipt of your documents."

So just reassuring everyone else who was initially forwarded to the LA Visa Office, it seems like they do not consistently update when they migrate your application to NY, but chances are they did that immediately and no one in LA was involved in your application.

em.canada

Aug 6, 2019
Just an update on my case... the last we heard from the IRCC was on August 8, 2019 when they sent a letter stating our application was transferred to LA.

Despite that LA no longer processes PR applications, we never received a letter stating that our application was migrated from LA to NY.
However, on January 18, 2020, we sent in some additional proof of our relationship through the webform to the LA office, and the LA visa office forwarded it to the NY office stating the following:

"The Web Form inquiry below concerning an online application was routed to IRCC Los Angeles. Since IRCC Los Angeles was not involved in the review/assessment process and/or since your office was listed as the "Primary Office," we are forwarding the inquiry to you for proper action."

The NY office then replied to us the following:

"We confirm receipt of your documents."

So just reassuring everyone else who was initially forwarded to the LA Visa Office, it seems like they do not consistently update when they migrate your application to NY, but chances are they did that immediately and no one in LA was involved in your application.
Thanks for providing insight. We got transferred back in November to NY but no message since. Seems to be taking some time? We applied back in June and already many applicants have finished the process. Wonder what the backlog is with the NY office.

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Thanks for providing insight. We got transferred back in November to NY but no message since. Seems to be taking some time? We applied back in June and already many applicants have finished the process. Wonder what the backlog is with the NY office.
From what I can tell, I think they pick and choose whichever ones they want to finish first...
For example, from what I've seen on this thread, G121 is the most recent member to receive PPR (granted November 2019).
G121 received noticed his application was transferred to LA in September 2019, whereas ours was in August 2019. G121 got requested for interview in October 2019, meaning that in one mere month they started and finished the relationship assessment and decided that so long as he passed interview and the background check finished, they were ready to approve.
On the other hand, our application has clearly not been processed to that extent despite that it has now been there for 5 months. Granted, our application is far more complex due to the 4 criminal charges, so I'm sure they're hesitant to deal with that and are putting it off... no officer wants the extra write up I bet.

So maybe if your application has some complications, they have been putting yours off as well ^^; But if your application was transferred 2 months ago and doesn't have many complications, hopefully PPR is coming for you soon. It seems like if they put their minds to it, they can finish relationship assessment within a month, provided your background check is clear. All the best!

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Hey guys, another really random update.

As I mentioned previously, our file had been transferred from LA to NY at some point between August 2019 and January 2020, but our representative (our lawyer) never received any communication regarding this.
My husband only just received a physical letter this month (February 2020) stating that the application was transferred from LA to NY, but the letter was was dated October 2019. Also note, prior to this, my husband has never directly received any communications from the IRCC since everything was supposed to be routed to our representative and has been digital (e-mail).

So just a heads up to all you guys - keep an eye on your physical address' mailbox for letters from the IRCC even if you have signed up for digital communication and even if you have a representative... it seems like they may sometimes send principal applicants direct communications by snail mail in spite of having the application electronically linked and a representative on file. Not really sure of the reasoning.

StellaArtois

Aug 4, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
13-07-2019
File Transfer...
08-08-2019
Med's Request
16-07-2019
Med's Done....
23-07-2019
Passport Req..
26-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
23-11-2020
LANDED..........
06-12-2020
Not sure if anyone is still active in this thread. On the off chance that this helps some lurker, it seems like contacting your Member of Parliament might be a good idea since the pandemic has caused increased application processing time with no possibility for visits while waiting.

I sent an e-mail to my MP yesterday about our case, and today they gave me the following response:
"Thank you for your e-mail.
Attached contains a Consent & Authorization form, please complete and return to our office via fax or e-mail in order for us to proceed.

You have been assigned the following:
Case #: (redacted)
Case Worker: (redacted)

Attachment: 1

In the context of the Government’s problematic management of the border issue, especially families separated by the Canada-US border restrictions, MP Benzen would like to provide Minister Blair with names of those affected in order for him to take action. If you would like to be included, we would need the following information:

-Your phone number
-US State
-Contact information for your Husband (e-mail, phone number)"

I'm now filling out their form and hoping that my MP will be able to bring some favour and hastening to a positive decision on our case.

All the best to everyone still waiting.