+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking help for applying visitor visa for my parents and brother

sparetoronto

Jan 25, 2021
hello all,

I am permanent residence in Canada. I want to apply for visitor visa for my parents and younger brother. I have few questions related to that:
1) Can I apply using my CIC account or should i create a new CIC account under my mother/father and then start application for all of three?
2) In invitation letter - what reason should i mention so they consider in this pandemic situation. Actually I am pregnant so want them here at the time of delivery and post delivery. I read a number of suggestion online where they mentioned we should not mention about pregnancy. But I am so confused due to this COVID situation. Because in this situation if I will not provide any proper reason of visit, then not sure what decision they (ircc) will take.
3) Whom should I make the primary applicate out of my parents and brother (parents will be immediate family while brother will be consider in extended family)
a) My brother has good job back in home country.
b) My father has one property under his name.
c) My mother is house wife so she doesn't have much under her name.
4) I will provide all financial support including tickets, stay , food and all. I have good amount to show in my Canadian account. Also me and my husband both have a good permanent job here in canada.

Help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hello all,

I am permanent residence in Canada. I want to apply for visitor visa for my parents and younger brother. I have few questions related to that:
1) Can I apply using my CIC account or should i create a new CIC account under my mother/father and then start application for all of three?
2) In invitation letter - what reason should i mention so they consider in this pandemic situation. Actually I am pregnant so want them here at the time of delivery and post delivery. I read a number of suggestion online where they mentioned we should not mention about pregnancy. But I am so confused due to this COVID situation. Because in this situation if I will not provide any proper reason of visit, then not sure what decision they (ircc) will take.
3) Whom should I make the primary applicate out of my parents and brother (parents will be immediate family while brother will be consider in extended family)
a) My brother has good job back in home country.
b) My father has one property under his name.
c) My mother is house wife so she doesn't have much under her name.
4) I will provide all financial support including tickets, stay , food and all. I have good amount to show in my Canadian account. Also me and my husband both have a good permanent job here in canada.

Help will be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
1) I don't know. I'm sure someone else will comment.
2) You can mention your pregnancy as the reason however you should not say that your parents and brother are coming to Canada to help you.
3) Your mother and father will be in one application - you can make your father the primary applicant. Your brother sounds like he is a working adult so he will apply separately.
4) Ideally they should show their own finances. It weaken their application if they show no financials and you say that you will pay for everything.

Processing times for TRVs are quite long now so I would suggest you apply as soon as you can if you want them to be able to travel here relatively soon.

Note that your brother is traveling while COVID travel restrictions are still in place, he will require written authorization from IRCC. See information below:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#extended

sparetoronto

Jan 25, 2021
Thanks scylla for quick response.

I can show their finances as well. But they don't have enough finance to cover all expenses over here so I wanted to mention I will take care their expenses as I have amount to show in my Canadian account. So should I split some finances between them and me.

And yes my brother is working adult so should I create another CIC account for him or should include all three applications from one CIC account.

Mashkeen

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
Hi Sparetronto,
Have you applied for your family? and did they got visa?
Mine is the same case. The only thing is i am not pregnant but i have 2.5 year old who is deeply attached with my parents and her birthday is due in December so i was think to invite my parents and brother here to visit us for sometime.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Sparetronto,
Mine is the same case. The only thing is i am not pregnant but i have 2.5 year old who is deeply attached with my parents and her birthday is due in December so i was think to invite my parents and brother here to visit us for sometime.
I suggest delay your travel plans with young children until covid is over. Or you can visit them?

Mashkeen

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
NO NO.. My young one is not visiting. Me, my husband and my daughter are in Canada. My daughter is a citizen and we both are PR.
I am planning to invite my mom dad and brother on her birthday to visit us canada in December.

Mashkeen

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
I suggest delay your travel plans with young children until covid is over. Or you can visit them?
NO NO.. My young one is not visiting. Me, my husband and my daughter are in Canada. My daughter is a citizen and we both are PR.
I am planning to invite my mom dad and brother on her birthday to visit us canada in December.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Sparetronto,
You can try. Are they fully vaccinated with one of the vaccines approved in Canada? If your brother is over 21 his situation will be considered separately from your parents. In September you not longer have to show that you are traveling for an essential reasons but we really don’t know if there will be any rule changes by November or December. A child’s birthday party would not have been considered essential travel.

Mashkeen

Star Member
Apr 1, 2015
You can try. Are they fully vaccinated with one of the vaccines approved in Canada? If your brother is over 21 his situation will be considered separately from your parents. In September you not longer have to show that you are traveling for an essential reasons but we really don’t know if there will be any rule changes by November or December. A child’s birthday party would not have been considered essential travel.
My family is half vaccinated and due for second dose in coming 2 months. so they will be fully vaccinated before they come.
So is it a good idea to apply a visitor for them all at same time? is it okay to apply for non essential reasons at this time ? because i really want to reunite with my family. My dad got covid few months ago and was very critically ill and since then i really want to meet him and let him meet my daughter. I cant go back to India at this time AND I Thought birthday is a good time to reunite.
Any suggestions are welcome. Below is my scenario:

Me and my husband are PR and live in Canada at the moment. My daughter is a citizen.
I want to invite my parents and my brother to Canada
Both my parents are self employed and middle income family.
my brother is married and has one baby. He is working for US company from. He was on student visa in US for long but came to India in 2020.Got married and is working from home. He also had a 2 years canadian visitor visa which expired in 2020.
so is it a good idea to invite them all together? My parents and brother? Or should i just apply for my brother.
please guide

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
My family is half vaccinated and due for second dose in coming 2 months. so they will be fully vaccinated before they come.
So is it a good idea to apply a visitor for them all at same time? is it okay to apply for non essential reasons at this time ? because i really want to reunite with my family. My dad got covid few months ago and was very critically ill and since then i really want to meet him and let him meet my daughter. I cant go back to India at this time AND I Thought birthday is a good time to reunite.

Me and my husband are PR and live in Canada at the moment. My daughter is a citizen.
my brother is married and has one baby. He is working for US company from. He was on student visa in US for long but came to India in 2020.Got married and is working from home. He also had a 2 years canadian visitor visa which expired in 2020.
so is it a good idea to invite them all together? My parents and brother? Or should i just apply for my brother.
please guide
Your family is applying to get their visitor visa on their own. So your invitation has not much weight in their application. Again, your parents will apply together and your brother will have a separate file. Those 2 applications will be processed separately so the question about apply together or not is not relevant in this case. The main issue is to show that each of the applicant has enough financial support and tight to the home country.

And prepare yourself that they will not have their visa before December as visitors visa is not the main focus of IRCC at the moment and as long as COVID is still around, the chances are low.

preeti123

Star Member
Sep 26, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am a PR and want to apply for visitor visa for my sister, he husband and their 2 year old daughter. Can I use one application for 3 of them ?? Also do they have to travel together once their visa is approved?? They have government jobs and finance is not an issue. Thanks in advance.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

please guide
As has already been said your parents need to apply together and your brother separately. Their finances, ties to India and previous international travel to countries like the US, UK, Australia will be considered. There is quite a backlog at the Indian offices so start with applying for their TRVs and after you‘ve received their approvals/refusals too at what type of travel restrictions are in place because there may be changes depending on covid.

lavida

Nov 18, 2021
Hi!

Is there anyone who could share their timeline for the visitor visa application? I invited my sister to visit me but it has been 30 days there is no answer or message from the consulate. It shows on the website that the application will take 72 days. Does that mean I won't have any answer until then? I don't want her to come here during winter because it's not fun being here when the weather is -20 -25 C.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi!

Is there anyone who could share their timeline for the visitor visa application? I invited my sister to visit me but it has been 30 days there is no answer or message from the consulate. It shows on the website that the application will take 72 days. Does that mean I won't have any answer until then? I don't want her to come here during winter because it's not fun being here when the weather is -20 -25 C.
She will not hear for at least 72 days. If earlier then she is lucky. If approved, she can come next summer.

Reactions: lavida

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi!

Posted processing times are often not correct. Could be shorter but also can be longer than 72 days. Some focus on the exact mount of days and expect a response by then.