+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Looking for some guidance in regards to immigrating to Quebec

Sofahumper

Jun 2, 2020
Hello, I am a Quebec resident and am writing this for my girlfriend, who lives in the UK. She has decided that she wants to move here, and she has already stayed six months at once, plus many smaller visits. We are just not sure what is the best way to proceed. We were thinking of a student visa then a PGWP, but after that, what would we do. And if there is a more natural way for her to stay here, that would be perfect. If not, what type, of course, would be best, and what should we do. Also, for added info, she doesn't speak a lick of French and will have to learn. Just looking for some guidance, thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello, I am a Quebec resident and am writing this for my girlfriend, who lives in the UK. She has decided that she wants to move here, and she has already stayed six months at once, plus many smaller visits. We are just not sure what is the best way to proceed. We were thinking of a student visa then a PGWP, but after that, what would we do. And if there is a more natural way for her to stay here, that would be perfect. If not, what type, of course, would be best, and what should we do. Also, for added info, she doesn't speak a lick of French and will have to learn. Just looking for some guidance, thank you.
Will be tough to immigrate to Quebec without any French. Does she qualify for IEC? It is the easiest way to work in Canada but there is a lot of demand from the UK. What is your status in Canada?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
As advised above, without French it's almost impossible to get csq here. With rules change effective eom even a spouse/common law needs to have some basic french level.

As a student, rule change in peq would require minimum 12-24 months full time experience in 0, A, B category after studies. A worker needs 36 months.

This may help your friend :
https://www.google.com/amp/s/moving2canada.com/quebec-experience-program/amp/

Sofahumper

Jun 2, 2020
Why exactly wouldn't spousal entry be the easiest and I am a Canadian citizen. She just started learning french by the way

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Why exactly wouldn't spousal entry be the easiest and I am a Canadian citizen. She just started learning french by the way
You don't want to go with PEQ program. It will take more than 4 years. Spousal entry is the fastest way for you, I'm sure she can learn some french. The other option is Express entry, but she has to land in Ontario.

adomanim

Star Member
Dec 28, 2019
There has been no draws on Arrima thus far. If you do not speak French, given the CAQ government and its stand on choosing candidates versus ranking system, it would be hard for non francophone applicants to be invited... Unless you are in the Nox Vidmate VLC tech industry, perhaps.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Easiest way if your relationship is serious is to get married and then sponsor her for permanent residency.