+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Long wait!! Citizenship application since May 2017

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Hello all,
My wife applied for citizenship in May 2017 (before the new law took effect), and she is still waiting for her test invite. We live in Milton so most probably our file is in Mississauga, but when you check the excel sheet, a lot of people who applied in October and November 2017(under new law) are already getting test invitations and in Mississauga office too!!!
we ordered ATIP, and everything seems to be completed!! So I don't know why she is not getting the test invite yet!!

If anyone is in the same boat as her, please provide your timeline.
Also do you know what can we do? Do we have to wait till one year passes before we contact them?

Thanks,
Tonymiz

obaidurehman

Feb 12, 2018
Hello all,
My wife applied for citizenship in May 2017 (before the new law took effect), and she is still waiting for her test invite. We live in Milton so most probably our file is in Mississauga, but when you check the excel sheet, a lot of people who applied in October and November 2017(under new law) are already getting test invitations and in Mississauga office too!!!
we ordered ATIP, and everything seems to be completed!! So I don't know why she is not getting the test invite yet!!

Also do you know what can we do? Do we have to wait till one year passes before we contact them?

Thanks,
Tonymiz
Hi Tonymiz

Not quite in the same boat but still behind the normal average for these days..my timeline is below

Application Type : Single
App Received : July 29th 2017
AOR : August 25th 2017
In Process : Sep 14th 2017

I called CIC and the agent told me that everything looks fine on your file, just background checks are happening...

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
Hello all,

Thanks,
Tonymiz
have you called their help desk ????

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
have you called their help desk ????
Hi Tonymiz

Not quite in the same boat but still behind the normal average for these days..my timeline is below

Application Type : Single
App Received : July 29th 2017
AOR : August 25th 2017
In Process : Sep 14th 2017

I called CIC and the agent told me that everything looks fine on your file, just background checks are happening...
Thank you. Well, it is not fair that new applications are being processed while we are waiting ! :(

Notestforme

Jan 26, 2018
Hello all,

Thanks,
Tonymiz
Yes, we are waiting from April. We live not far from Mississauga but our office somehow is Scarborough. We called multiple times and the only answer is that we have to wait. No problems on file. Very very frustrating.

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
Yes, we are waiting from April. We live not far from Mississauga but our office somehow is Scarborough. We called multiple times and the only answer is that we have to wait. No problems on file. Very very frustrating.
I know, it is weird!! The problem is wr cannot do anything until one year passes...

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
My wife did and they guy told her that if they needed anything from her they will contact her, he was rude too !
first off ,, you need to arrange your ideas ,, if I were you i would do the following 1- contacting the MP ,, 2- write them a letter or use the CIC web form to understand what is the issue with this application ,, and see what they answer ,, after April you will have the right to hire immigration lawyer in order to verify what he can do on the legal level

Notestforme

Jan 26, 2018
I have already written a letter to Scharborough office and filled out the feedback form with no result. Extremely unfair and frustrating but no one cares.

tonymiz

Star Member
Jul 2, 2016
My wife did and they guy told her that if they needed anything from her they will contact her, he was rude too !
first off ,, you need to arrange your ideas ,, if I were you i would do the following 1- contacting the MP ,, 2- write them a letter or use the CIC web form to understand what is the issue with this application ,, and see what they answer ,, after April you will have the right to hire immigration lawyer in order to verify what he can do on the legal level
Thanks but the CIC agent was very clear that we cannot enquire on our application if it is still within one year processing time!! So I am not sure if this would help :-(

paulvoyer

Mar 10, 2017
Thanks but the CIC agent was very clear that we cannot enquire on our application if it is still within one year processing time!! So I am not sure if this would help :-(
he was clear and rude ,, this is not North Korea ,, you would have tell him to where is Canadian values that they are upholding ,, try to re-call hoping to get some helpful agent

Karel0726

Apr 26, 2018
Mine as well. In process since Jan. But those who applied after already got exam. If there’s something wrong will they send it back immediately? How to do atip