+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Long time since first entry

Almost_Canadian

Star Member
Dec 2, 2015
When you come back into Canada and IF... if you are not reported at border, then once you are inside Canada, you are just like any other person who is PR. So as long as you don't contact IRCC for renewing the PR card, there is no one checking to see how many days you have been in Canada or if you are been in Canada less than 2 years etc.
It means you have to live in Canada for at least 2 years without leaving for any reason before you can contact IRCC to renew your PR card. When you apply to renew your PR card, that's when the checking starts.
I think that your worry is that when your wife / family apply for TRV , they must truthfully answer any quiestions about having family in Canada etc and will the visa officer check whether you are valid PR or not. If you weren't reported when you entered Canada , then all the files and computer systems should show that you are a valid PR and it shouldn't be any issue for the Visa officer.
This is my personal opinion, and to paraphrase Depenabill " I'm no expert..... not by a long shot"
Perhaps others could comment and confirm my understanding as per the above

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please advise how she can manage with TRV.
It would be quite difficult to get TRVs for your wife and child. They basically have to prove that they have strong enough ties to their home country that they won't stay in Canada. With a husband/father with PR that is difficult to prove.

mizanmrf

Oct 31, 2018
Is that can be an option that she gets admission in a university and apply for a TRV? And what if I stay there for, say 1 year, earn some more points with job experience and a valid job offer, renounce my PR status and apply for a fresh PR including my family.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Is that can be an option that she gets admission in a university and apply for a TRV? And what if I stay there for, say 1 year, earn some more points with job experience and a valid job offer, renounce my PR status and apply for a fresh PR including my family.
If she wants to study at a university, then she should look into getting a study permit, not a TRV.

mizanmrf

Oct 31, 2018
Guys, many thanks for your kind comments. Lastly, just wanted to know if I go now and renounce my PR status after 1 year's experience and then apply again for a fresh PR. That will add some points to my profile given my age.