+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lonely Canadian

nazmul204

Sep 7, 2017
hi I am a Canadian citizen. Im divorce, have no children, no parents or grand parents, no orphan brother, sister, nephew or niece. no family in canada. have brothers but they have their own family and kids, I can't sponsor my brothers and their family because I don;t make enough money to sponsor another four people. I can only sponsor one of my nephew or niece. I have no plan to merry again and I don't want to get old alone and lonely in canada. if im sick i want somebody to come to see me in hospital or if im in a care home i want my family to come to see me. Please let me know whats are my options

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi I am a Canadian citizen. Im divorce, have no children, no parents or grand parents, no orphan brother, sister, nephew or niece. no family in canada. have brothers but they have their own family and kids, I can't sponsor my brothers and their family because I don;t make enough money to sponsor another four people. I can only sponsor one of my nephew or niece. I have no plan to merry again and I don't want to get old alone and lonely in canada. if im sick i want somebody to come to see me in hospital or if im in a care home i want my family to come to see me. Please let me know whats are my options
You will need to apply to sponsor either your nephew or niece - you'll have to pick one. That's your only option if you don't make enough income to sponsor your brother and his entire family.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should also realize that sponsoring a relative doesn’t guarantee that they will be able to care for you later on. If this is what you are expecting you should probably speak to your niece or nephew before sponsorship.

Reactions: Avlse
Apr 12, 2022
i have the same issue. I no longer have parents and grandparents but I have still have 3 living siblings but they’re all in their 50’s and 60’s and all of them have kids. Two of them have medical issues and one has a criminal record in the past. I just want to sponsor one of my nephews (the son of my brother who passed away) but my nephew is not an orphan and he’s 22 years old. Am i allowed to sponsor my nephew instead of my brothers or sister.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
i have the same issue. I no longer have parents and grandparents but I have still have 3 living siblings but they’re all in their 50’s and 60’s and all of them have kids. Two of them have medical issues and one has a criminal record in the past. I just want to sponsor one of my nephews (the son of my brother who passed away) but my nephew is not an orphan and he’s 22 years old. Am i allowed to sponsor my nephew instead of my brothers or sister.
You can sponsor a nephew if you don’t have a spouse, common law partner or any children,