+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lonely Canadian program

Baljeet Singh

Jan 8, 2015
Hi,
As the title say, i want to apply for my sister permanant residency file under this program. I don’t have any family member or relative in Canada. And my parents were died when i was young. So i have a brother and sister only. Both are married and live in India.
I’m single and have been living alone in canada from past 5 years. I got my PR 5 years ago. So, i want to sponsor my sister to come to canada under lonely Canadian program. But, in the past my sister’s file was refused twice for study permit and now she is married as well. I’m not sure if I’m eligible to invite her to canada. I suffers from social anxiety disorder also. This is also one of the reason i want her in here. But I couldn’t find much information over the internet about this. Would anyone be able to help me please.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
As the title say, i want to apply for my sister permanant residency file under this program. I don’t have any family member or relative in Canada. And my parents were died when i was young. So i have a brother and sister only. Both are married and live in India.
I’m single and have been living alone in canada from past 5 years. I got my PR 5 years ago. So, i want to sponsor my sister to come to canada under lonely Canadian program. But, in the past my sister’s file was refused twice for study permit and now she is married as well. I’m not sure if I’m eligible to invite her to canada. I suffers from social anxiety disorder also. This is also one of the reason i want her in here. But I couldn’t find much information over the internet about this. Would anyone be able to help me please.
You can sponsor her.

Just make sure she declares her past Canadian refusals (and any other refusals to other countries) in the application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
Are you on welfare? disability?

hawk39

Mar 26, 2017

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi,
Are you clinically diagnosed with social anxiety disorder?
The "other relative" program do not need to show that you are sick or any other H&C reason.
As long as you meet all the requirement to sponsor that other relative, you can apply and her whole family will be part of the immigration application.
(spouse and dependent children)

You will be reponsible for them 10 - 20 years (not sure about the undertaking period of this program) after they landed. So make sure you have the funds and plan to support them.

tamarindball

Sep 10, 2012
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
November 30, 2012
AOR Received.
December 11, 2012
File Transfer...
January 9, 2013
Med's Done....
November 13, 2012
HI

Do your sponsored relatives have to live with you when they arrive? What if they make a decision to move out and leave you alone after a month of arrival? Can you withdraw sponsorship or report them?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
HI

Do your sponsored relatives have to live with you when they arrive? What if they make a decision to move out and leave you alone after a month of arrival? Can you withdraw sponsorship or report them?
No they don’t have to live with you or even live near you. When they land, they can live wherever they want. Report them for what? You supported their PR. Aren’t you married?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
HI

- No, they don't have to live with you when they arrive. They are free to move out and leave you a month after arrival.
- You are financially responsible for them whether they are living with you or not. If they take social assistance, you will be responsible for repaying it.
- No, you cannot withdraw sponsorship.

Reactions: YVR123