+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lonely Canadian in Quebec Sponsoring Sibling

frange

May 25, 2018
Although exciting I would temper your excitement until your sibling gets COPR. There are still quite a few obstacles that could come up.
If you read carefully my post you will see that i talked about relief. I know for sure that the package won't be returned after six months. It's a long way to go. I don't experience that but it's devastated when your package is returned after 6-8-10 months.

Reactions: Hichou

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
I feel such a relief today.... I AM SO HAPPY.
AOR, sponsor eligibility, Bio fee request and file is moving to mexico VO. All at the same time.
Quebec undertakings now.
My timeline is in my signature.

Oh, wow! Congrats! That's great news. A bit of a late reply. But it seems from your signature that your brother has received the CSQ and now the application is being processed at the VO. Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

I actually moved from Quebec and will finally be sending my brother's sponsorship application. Although, it won't be Quebec-related, I will try to post the updates in this thread as well.

Reactions: frange

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you read carefully my post you will see that i talked about relief. I know for sure that the package won't be returned after six months. It's a long way to go. I don't experience that but it's devastated when your package is returned after 6-8-10 months.
There are still many obstacles. Many are under the false impression that once they get sponsor approved that means they are on the home stretch.

frange

May 25, 2018
There are still many obstacles. Many are under the false impression that once they get sponsor approved that means they are on the home stretch.
Yes, they are.... In my case, it was a relief since I thought my file was going to return. Due to my experience on this forum, I know it was the first step of a long process and the VO is the biggest one.

frange

May 25, 2018
Oh, wow! Congrats! That's great news. A bit of a late reply. But it seems from your signature that your brother has received the CSQ and now the application is being processed at the VO. Hopefully everything goes smoothly.

I actually moved from Quebec and will finally be sending my brother's sponsorship application. Although, it won't be Quebec-related, I will try to post the updates in this thread as well.
Hello informer2000y!!

How is your file is moving?
Is there any big change or move regarding your brother's file?

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
Hello informer2000y!!

How is your file is moving?
Is there any big change or move regarding your brother's file?
Hi frange!

Sorry, I haven't been checking the forum for a while. Today my brother finally got the medical request. That's the first update since they requested a copy of his kids' birth certificates in May.

Any updates from your side? Where is your sibling in the process?

frange

May 25, 2018
Hi frange!

Sorry, I haven't been checking the forum for a while. Today my brother finally got the medical request. That's the first update since they requested a copy of his kids' birth certificates in May.

Any updates from your side? Where is your sibling in the process?
Thank you Brother...
My file is in line for a final review since Sept 15. Everything is completed: Admissibility, Background check, medical; but no decision made yet.

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
Thank you Brother...
My file is in line for a final review since Sept 15. Everything is completed: Admissibility, Background check, medical; but no decision made yet.
I just checked the timeline in your signature. Hopefully your brothers application is approaching the finish line and you will hear some good news in the next couple of months.

I was wondering how did you know about the admissibility and background completion? Were you requesting GCMS notes?

frange

May 25, 2018
I just checked the timeline in your signature. Hopefully your brothers application is approaching the finish line and you will hear some good news in the next couple of months.

I was wondering how did you know about the admissibility and background completion? Were you requesting GCMS notes?
https://prt-srp.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

Create 2 accounts, one for you and one for PA.
Use the same information you provided to IRCC as credentials.
Don't confuse PA's information with yours.
So that, you will be able to see your timelines and activities as sponsor when connecting on your account.
Do the same for PA in order to see his activities and timelines.

Reactions: informer2000

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
https://prt-srp.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

Create 2 accounts, one for you and one for PA.
Use the same information you provided to IRCC as credentials.
Don't confuse PA's information with yours.
So that, you will be able to see your timelines and activities as sponsor when connecting on your account.
Do the same for PA in order to see his activities and timelines.
@frange
I have a couple of questions that I'm hoping you can help me with. As a sponsor, were you requested to send a family information sheet as a sponsor? And how did you submit it?

While I received an email early this year indicating that I have met eligibility requirements as a sponsor, with nothing else in the email body indicating that anything else is needed, and the online status tracker indicates that eligibility (for the sponsor in my case) is completed. The email I received had an attached file that indicated that I should submit a completed family information sheet. I tried twice to submit it through the IRCC CSE Webform but I kept getting the following automated reply:

We verified the information you provided; however, it differs from the one we have on file.

In order to better assist you, we invite you to resubmit your request by filling out the IRCC Web form and include the following information:

• Surname and complete given name (including middle name, if applicable) - exactly as they appear on the passport or identity document,
  • Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD),
  • Client ID Number, UCI or Application Number,
  • Country of birth,
  • Type of application,
  • Current address,
  • Telephone number(s),
  • Email address, and
  • All documents submitted with your previous request.
I feel I should try to send it again. Possibly using mail this time.

Also, I managed to create an account through the URL you gave me. However, my brother was not able to because after entering his information as PA, the systems keeps giving him the following message.

Incorrect or invalid information. Review and make sure it matches the information submitted on your application. If you can’t create an account, it may be because your application is not in our system yet.
Any idea why this may be the case? The information he provided is exactly what was mentioned in his application. Is this a known issue? And is there something specific he needs to consider when filling this information to create the account?

Last edited:

frange

May 25, 2018
@informer2000

1-You should submit the family form via the same email address you use to receive communications OR via webform. Be careful, this form is very important to see if you have family alive OR living in Canada. You know the requirements for this category in terms of family.
NB: I did both just to make sure they received it on time.

2-PA has to use the same credentials he provided when the application was sent since the system already has them. The system check them first and merge them afterwards. If they don't match, an error message will be sent. He has to follow the password characters as well.

After checking the credential information, if everything is OK , he has to check the password: capital, special characters and total characters authorized.

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
@informer2000

1-You should submit the family form via the same email address you use to receive communications OR via webform. Be careful, this form is very important to see if you have family alive OR living in Canada. You know the requirements for this category in terms of family.
NB: I did both just to make sure they received it on time.

2-PA has to use the same credentials he provided when the application was sent since the system already has them. The system check them first and merge them afterwards. If they don't match, an error message will be sent. He has to follow the password characters as well.

After checking the credential information, if everything is OK , he has to check the password: capital, special characters and total characters authorized.
Thanks, @frange.

Was there a deadline in the request you received? Mine said to send it within the specified timeframe but did not mention any timeframe!

Also, which email address are you referring to? Is it the VO email?
My communication with them was always through the Webform. The only email I received to confirm my eligibility for sponsorship was from Centralized-Intake-Office@cic.gc.ca. Should I reply to that email address?

frange

May 25, 2018
Thanks, @frange.

Was there a deadline in the request you received? Mine said to send it within the specified timeframe but did not mention any timeframe!

Also, which email address are you referring to? Is it the VO email?
My communication with them was always through the Webform. The only email I received to confirm my eligibility for sponsorship was from Centralized-Intake-Office@cic.gc.ca. Should I reply to that email address?
You did not receive any communication from your VO? If not, just send via webform.
The email address you posted above is from Sydney (Nova Scotia).

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
You did not receive any communication from your VO? If not, just send via webform.
The email address you posted above is from Sydney (Nova Scotia).
No. VO only contacted my brother. As a sponsor, I'm not sure if it's ok for me to send documents to them since they are processing the PA's application. I guess I can try. I'll email both Sydney and the VO and I'll submit through the Web form again. Hopefully, this time it'll get through. I'll even mail it just in case!

I tried to call this morning to ask but didn't manage to get through to anyone.

Reactions: frange