+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Lonely Canadian in Quebec Sponsoring Sibling

nature girl

Jan 23, 2023
Hi all. I am a lonely foreigner in Canada, my parents are deceased, no spouse, no kids and family in Canada, my PR application is under process, can I sponsor my 2 brothers to Canada immediately I get my PR or I will have to wait for a year or more, your input will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Hi all. I am a lonely foreigner in Canada, my parents are deceased, no spouse, no kids and family in Canada, my PR application is under process, can I sponsor my 2 brothers to Canada immediately I get my PR or I will have to wait for a year or more, your input will be highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Read this

Adding you can only sponsor ONE

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/other-relatives.html

pemale2023

Sep 17, 2023
Some good news! :) My brother has finally received the passport back along with the CoPR. Below is the complete timeline.

It was a long journey. Thank you @frange for your support and help along the way. I really hope you too will hear some good news and your brother would be able to receive their passport with the visa and CoPR soon.

Received: October 26, 2021
SA: February 4, 2022 (transferred to VO)
BIL: February 4, 2022
ADR: April 28, 2022 (PA Family Information Sheet and Police Certificate)
ADR: May 31, 2022 (Birth Certificate)
MIL: December 11, 2022
Pre-arrival Letter: December 12, 2022
Medical Complete: December 28, 2022
PPR: January 2, 2023
DM: January 3, 2023 (ECAS)
PP Submitted: January 9, 2023
App. Approved: January 16, 2023 (GCKey)
PP Collected: January 18, 2023
This is so good to read. Noone ever seems to update on if and then they ever get approved. It's like this category is crickets and there are just not enough posts to shows if this category ever gets approved. Thank you for sharing. No one has ever come back to say their application got approved. I am currently being sponsored by my sister and my journey so far is below.

Oct 17, 2022- 1st application submission
January 17, 2023- application rejected-- forgot to sign a section
January 18, 2023- 2nd application submission
March 14, 2023- Acknowledgement of receipt (AOR)
March 14, 2023- ADR - insufficient fee payment and missing signature
May 4, 2023- Sponsorship approval
May 5, 2023- Medical request
May 18, 2023- Medical updated as completed
August 16, 2023- requested gcms notes
August 18, 2023 - gcms notes received

GCMS notes shows that criminality, security and info share completed since April 2023 but has not been reviewed to date.
The tracking tool and GC Key says security hasn't started and eligibility still under review. Seems like they just haven't touched my application in months!!!
GC Key and Tracking tool are not very up-to-date or accurate.

Would love to hear timelines for others in this 'Other Relatives' category for siblings. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is so good to read. Noone ever seems to update on if and then they get approved. It's like this category is crickets and there are just enough posts that shows if this category ever gets approved. Thank you for sharing. No one has ever come back to day their application got approved. I am currently being sponsored by my sister and my journey so far is below.

Oct 17, 2022- 1st application submission
January 17, 2023- application rejected-- forgot to sign a section
January 18, 2023- 2nd application submission
March 14, 2023- Acknowledgement of receipt (AOR)
March 14, 2023- ADR - insufficient fee payment and missing signature
May 4, 2023- Sponsorship approval
May 5, 2023- Medical request
May 18, 2023- Medical updated as completed
August 16, 2023- requested gcms notes
August 18, 2023 - gcms notes received

GCMS notes shows that criminality, security and info share completed since April 2023 but has not been reviewed to date.
The tracking tool and GC Key says security hasn't started and eligibility still under review. Seems like they just haven't touched my application in months!!!
GC Key and Tracking tool are not very up-to-date or accurate.

Would love to hear timelines for others in this 'Other Relatives' category for siblings. Thanks.
Lonely Canadian application a very uncommon. Also not typically a priority since not reuniting what IRCC considers family (spouse and dependent children). Also length of time may be to discourage people from trying to exploit the system by delaying marriage or becoming common law to sponsor a family member first.

pemale2023

Sep 17, 2023
Lonely Canadian application a very uncommon. Also not typically a priority since not reuniting what IRCC considers family (spouse and dependent children). Also length of time may be to discourage people from trying to exploit the system by delaying marriage or becoming common law to sponsor a family member first.
Makes a lot of sense, and it definitely seems like it is not a priority category, so you are right, there may be deliberate delays to dissuade applicants and sponsors from latching onto the category. A close friend of mine did the SINP family sponsorship through his wife's sister for his family. They submitted May 2022. Then, they got two ADRs and responded immediately, then it was crickets till mid-February 2023 when they got 'Medical Request' and by July 2023, PPR came. That was a total of about 14 months from start to finish. It is likely a year's plus wait for this category.

Last edited: