London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
27-12-2017
AOR Received.
17-01-2018
File Transfer...
16-02-2018
Also, asking for an update after receiving and submitting 2 ADRs in 2 days and just crossing the 6 months processing time, I got the following reply:

"We are still reviewing your application and will be in touch again soon with an update."

Is that the common answer? :)

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
Also, asking for an update after receiving and submitting 2 ADRs in 2 days and just crossing the 6 months processing time, I got the following reply:

"We are still reviewing your application and will be in touch again soon with an update."

Is that the common answer? :)
Yeah, I think it is :)

shockree

Star Member
Feb 3, 2018
UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
27-12-2017
AOR Received.
17-01-2018
File Transfer...
16-02-2018
Yeah, I think it is :)
I just hope it is a positive update .... and no more ADRs .... any idea when do you get PPR after submitting ADRs?

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
I just hope it is a positive update .... and no more ADRs .... any idea when do you get PPR after submitting ADRs?
No idea, sorry. I have submitted ADR too on the 5th of July. They're said to slow down the process a little bit, unfortunately. What's your timeline, country of residence and nationality?

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
O
Yeah,they asked for 3 years worth of paystubs and w2s and 5 years worth of proof of legal status in the U.S. The paystubs were pretty much. So that took up the bulk of the file space. I really need the luck right now :) thanks. good luck to you too!
OMG, that's too much to ask for. Any inkling why they might have asked for that much?

shockree

Star Member
Feb 3, 2018
UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
27-12-2017
AOR Received.
17-01-2018
File Transfer...
16-02-2018
No idea, sorry. I have submitted ADR too on the 5th of July. They're said to slow down the process a little bit, unfortunately. What's your timeline, country of residence and nationality?
AOR: 17 Jan 18, Medical passed & IP1& Request for PCC: 06/02, File Transfer to LVO: 16/02, ADR: 16/07 (submitted on same day) and another ADR on 18/07 also submitted on the same day. I'm Egyptian and living in UAE.

It appears that your ADR was still when your file was at CIO however final ADRs are usually the one in the visa office who takes the decision on your case; LVO in this case.

Ronja5200

Feb 21, 2018
Denmark
NOC Code......
AOR: 17 Jan 18, Medical passed & IP1& Request for PCC: 06/02, File Transfer to LVO: 16/02, ADR: 16/07 (submitted on same day) and another ADR on 18/07 also submitted on the same day. I'm Egyptian and living in UAE.

It appears that your ADR was still when your file was at CIO however final ADRs are usually the one in the visa office who takes the decision on your case; LVO in this case.
I really hope for you that those are finalizing ADR; last confirmation needed before issuing PPR to you. But do not have much knowledge about it. Good luck to you. Hope you get PPR soon!

Reactions: shockree

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Actually I'm stunned that they are asking for 5 years proof, any idea why so? if they request 5 years pay stubs from me, I'll probably withdraw my application
yeah... so I think it's part of the employment verification. I indicated in the application that I have over 3 years experience in my field. So the visa officer asked for 3 years worth of paystubs and w2s as proof/ verification... the 5 years proof of legal status, I'm not quite sure if the number is arbitrary since I've lived in the US for over a decade... it's quite a frustrating process, but when I read about people who have been waiting for over a year, I'm humbled. I'm not saying I'd wait that long, to be honest, but it seems worth it waiting this long if there are people willing to wait for over a year.

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
O

OMG, that's too much to ask for. Any inkling why they might have asked for that much?
Yeah it is... I can only think of it being part of verifying my job status in the US... the legal status, not so sure, but I guess it's just to make sure that I didn't break the law... I think the only thing that baffled me is the request for my transcripts from all US colleges I earned degrees. WES already verified the degree and its equivalence. I'm just not sure what the officer wants with that info, but I sent it anyway via email. I just have to figure out how to send 108 pages of all the paper work via mail... that's a lot of papers :(

shockree

Star Member
Feb 3, 2018
UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
27-12-2017
AOR Received.
17-01-2018
File Transfer...
16-02-2018
yeah... so I think it's part of the employment verification. I indicated in the application that I have over 3 years experience in my field. So the visa officer asked for 3 years worth of paystubs and w2s as proof/ verification... the 5 years proof of legal status, I'm not quite sure if the number is arbitrary since I've lived in the US for over a decade... it's quite a frustrating process, but when I read about people who have been waiting for over a year, I'm humbled. I'm not saying I'd wait that long, to be honest, but it seems worth it waiting this long if there are people willing to wait for over a year.
Yeah but wouldn't an experience letter from your employer and copies of residency / work visa suffice as evidences?

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Yeah but wouldn't an experience letter from your employer and copies of residency / work visa suffice as evidences?
yup.... that's also what I thought... but I guess the visa officer didn't think it was enough. The agent at the CIO had written review required of my eligibility without any reason. So I'm not sure if this is standard for US residents...

shockree

Star Member
Feb 3, 2018
UAE
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
27-12-2017
AOR Received.
17-01-2018
File Transfer...
16-02-2018
yup.... that's also what I thought... but I guess the visa officer didn't think it was enough. The agent at the CIO had written review required of my eligibility without any reason. So I'm not sure if this is standard for US residents...
Everything is confusing about the way they work!! I just called CIO for an update given that LVO email answers are abrupt and the agent insisted that she can't access the notes / status if the case is handled outside Canada, she was nice and helpful though, however i"m sure I read several times online about people being told their status.

Last edited:

samtack77

May 16, 2012
Hello @legalfalcon and all, please i have a question and I would like to know if anyone has ever been in my shoe, my application is now 9 months.

LVO told me last month that my file has been transferred to my Local visa office and that I will be contacted for an interview.

Although, I have ordered a Gcms note which is yet to arrive. Something just came to my mind which I overlooked initially. I am worried and have a concern because I worked with a small company from 2011 to 2014, when I joined the company in 2011, they were using a registered business name but a new name was later created, re-registered and upgraded to "Limited liability" in 2013. For example "Divine motors" now changed to "Divine motors & haulage limited" When I got reference letter last year from the company, it wasn't stated in the letter that the company used an old name. The company wrote I worked with "Divine motors & haulage Limited" from 2011 to 2014

Also, while filling my work & personal history during E-APR, I didn't mention the old name, I just wrote that I work with the company from 2011 to 2014 using the company's new name because I felt it was same company (my employment and confirmation letter are on the company's old letter head while my resignation letter is on the company's new letterhead)

I didn't write this in LOE and I only submitted a reference letter from the company (It stated that I worked with them from 2011 to 2014)

My questions
(1) Is this misrepresentation?
(2) Should I raise a CSE and explain the situation and submit documents that I have for this job or should i wait and explain this during the interview?
(3) Should I request for another reference letter from my former employer stating that the company used an Old name and resumbit the letter via CSE?
(4) Is it too late to raise a CSE and explain this whole situation.
(5) Will swearing and affidavit suffice?

I need all inputs. Thanks

villavittoria

Star Member
Feb 28, 2018
Everything is confusing about the why they work!! I just called CIO for an update given that LVO email answers are abrupt and the agent instead that she can't access the notes / status if the case is handled outside Canada, she was nice and helpful though, however i"m sure I read several times online of people being told their status.
Yeah each time I call, I get the same answer. I think really, they only have access to applications being processed in Canada, but I could be wrong...

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Yeah each time I call, I get the same answer. I think really, they only have access to applications being processed in Canada, but I could be wrong...
Yes they can only tell for files being processed within Canada. If it's outside no point calling them, instead get gcms notes.