London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-09-2017
File Transfer...
29-11-17
Med's Request
upfront
So if one doesn't get a ghost update or an ADR for passport Bio then he should not expect a PPR anytime soon?
even ghost update doesn't guarantee PPR. It is my 3rd day after Ghost update and i didn't receive any communications from them

aoamber

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-09-2017
File Transfer...
29-11-17
Med's Request
upfront
Can u explain what ghost update means?

can u please explain what ghost update means?
When you login into your account you may see the message in your profile as ‘updated’ and not the usual ‘submitted’. But at the same time you may not notice any particular change in your profile itself. If you are in IP2 such ghost updates can mean a few things: additional doc request will come soon, PPR or SS (according to some applicants). But in good scenario it means that you will receive PPR soon.

Shehza

Jan 19, 2018
@Shehza did you raise a CSE or follow-up with the London VO via email? Did you order notes or receive any ghost update? My AOR is Oct 19 FSW. Just wondering if they have started processing our applications or if we are still waiting for our applications to get reviewed.
@flanerie017, Since I have applied through consultant, so I don’t have the luxury to notice ghost update or follow up on my own. I ordered Notes but in January so those don’t have updated information.Please keep me posted in case you get any update as our timeline is very similar. Thanks

Koonlay

Mar 26, 2017
Hi, got this reply. Can any one help understand what this means. Thanks. FSW-Outland

Thank you for your email.

Your application is currently awaiting review. We will contact you again via your MyCIC account as soon as we are able to.

In the meantime, please do not send repeat status requests to this office as we will be unable to respond to them. Your cooperation will be appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

LBM

Immigration and Medical Services Division

High Commission of Canada

K_gore

Apr 23, 2018
Hi Everyone. Congrats to those receiving PPR this week.

@BillHyatt - I’m really hoping you can help me. I’ve seen you help so many people on this thread and I’m wondering if I could trouble you to help me too. I submitted FSW AOR on 14th July 2017 (UK resident) and to date, our medicals are still showing as ‘We are reviewing the results of your medical exam’. I ordered gcms notes beg of Feb 2018 and received them beg of March. They say my husband and I have approved medicals but our son is outstanding (he has a very mild disability). Since I ordered the notes, our additional docs have been confirmed as ‘you do not need to provide any additional docs’ and background check has changed again to ‘we are processing your background check’. Notes confirm eligibility and criminality have been passed. So all that suggests IP2 but then I don’t understand why our medical results are not showing as approved. Now I’m concerned because our medicals expire 26th May and I’m worried we will have to retake them. Not because of what medicals will find because there is no change, but spending a lot of £ just so they can rubber stamp it -especially now the Government have announced the changes to medical spending threshold and what they can calculate as part of it (the chunk of my son’s minor requirements will be special educational needs). If they have taken 9 months to review his medicals so far, I dread to think how long they will take to approve a new set as I’m assuming they will also look at new medical vs old medical to look for improvement/changes. I’ve tried submitting online enquiries on the web form, but I just get back the standard response of ‘you can check your application status at any time through your online account’ regardless of what I’ve asked them. I’ve also emailed the Central office to try and find out my visa office in case I can contact them directly but they are not responding. We are travelling to Canada in Aug (if we have papers we will land, if not holiday), so I’d like to ask if they can extend our medicals to end of Aug, but I just don’t know who to contact. Can you please help? I just feel so lost - any insight you could provide would be amazing. Thanks in advance. Katie

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi Everyone. Congrats to those receiving PPR this week.

@BillHyatt - I’m really hoping you can help me. I’ve seen you help so many people on this thread and I’m wondering if I could trouble you to help me too. I submitted FSW AOR on 14th July 2017 (UK resident) and to date, our medicals are still showing as ‘We are reviewing the results of your medical exam’. I ordered gcms notes beg of Feb 2018 and received them beg of March. They say my husband and I have approved medicals but our son is outstanding (he has a very mild disability). Since I ordered the notes, our additional docs have been confirmed as ‘you do not need to provide any additional docs’ and background check has changed again to ‘we are processing your background check’. Notes confirm eligibility and criminality have been passed. So all that suggests IP2 but then I don’t understand why our medical results are not showing as approved. Now I’m concerned because our medicals expire 26th May and I’m worried we will have to retake them. Not because of what medicals will find because there is no change, but spending a lot of £ just so they can rubber stamp it -especially now the Government have announced the changes to medical spending threshold and what they can calculate as part of it (the chunk of my son’s minor requirements will be special educational needs). If they have taken 9 months to review his medicals so far, I dread to think how long they will take to approve a new set as I’m assuming they will also look at new medical vs old medical to look for improvement/changes. I’ve tried submitting online enquiries on the web form, but I just get back the standard response of ‘you can check your application status at any time through your online account’ regardless of what I’ve asked them. I’ve also emailed the Central office to try and find out my visa office in case I can contact them directly but they are not responding. We are travelling to Canada in Aug (if we have papers we will land, if not holiday), so I’d like to ask if they can extend our medicals to end of Aug, but I just don’t know who to contact. Can you please help? I just feel so lost - any insight you could provide would be amazing. Thanks in advance. Katie
The Medicals will be Passed at the last stage as results of Child is pending. In notes, you can see remarks of an agent regarding surveillance required for child medicals. It can give you an idea where the file is moving.

If IRCC has to reject file they would have done by now and if they are continuing to process then it means that they are ready to issue you PPR with child conditions. So, you shouldn't worry that much at the moment.

Now what you need to do is to contact CPC-Ottawa for Visa Office and in addition just call IRCC from Google Hangout and ask them to let you know the Visa Office and email there details to you. They will let you know the Visa Office. Your GCMS notes should have this information as well.

If your Visa Office in London then you can contact them to with subject "Medicals Request (Urgent) and request them to extend your Medicals but don't ask till August as they usually extend for 1 Year.

If your matter is resolved with the above method then it is good and if not then you can PM me and we will see what options we have.

I hope this will help.

imraantalib

Feb 15, 2018
I got the following response on my status inquiry. Could any of you guys share how long would it take to complete "necessary background checks"? and I hope its not SS.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This email is in response to your recent web-form enquiry.

Your file is currently undergoing necessary background checks. Please note that no further information is required at this time. We will contact you once the checks are complete.

We appreciate your continued patience during this process.

Kind regards,

KKB

High Commission of Canada | Haut-commissariat du Canada

Canada House | La Maison du Canada | Trafalgar Square, London | Londres SW1Y 5BJ

Hasan Raza Awan

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Hi, got this reply. Can any one help understand what this means. Thanks. FSW-Outland

Your application is currently awaiting review. We will contact you again via your MyCIC account as soon as we are able to.

In the meantime, please do not send repeat status requests to this office as we will be unable to respond to them. Your cooperation will be appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

LBM

I got same reply from London Office and asking for same help as you needed. Please let me know as you get some clearance about this question.
Regards

riaz137

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-12-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2018
Passport Req..
26-06-2018

Yours sincerely,

LBM

From the response, its clearly stated that your file has been assigned to a visa officer but the officer did not opened your file yet.

It depends on the work load of your assigned visa officer that how much time it will take to open your file.

riaz137

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Saudi Arabia
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-12-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2018
Passport Req..
26-06-2018
I got the following response on my status inquiry. Could any of you guys share how long would it take to complete "necessary background checks"? and I hope its not SS.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your file is currently undergoing necessary background checks. Please note that no further information is required at this time. We will contact you once the checks are complete.

Kind regards,

KKB

Canada House | La Maison du Canada | Trafalgar Square, London | Londres SW1Y 5BJ

I think for clear picture of your status you should order GCMS notes.... if you have doubt about SS they will be clear by notes.

imraantalib

Feb 15, 2018
I think for clear picture of your status you should order GCMS notes.... if you have doubt about SS they will be clear by notes.
If it would have been SS then they must have used that additional verifications are being conducted on your file and it would take months to complete those but instead they have used phrase "Necessary background checks" that means these are regular checks that part of each application process. isnt that right?

aoamber

Star Member
Jan 11, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-09-2017
File Transfer...
29-11-17
Med's Request
upfront

Dear Sir/Madam,

Kind regards,

KKB

I think you need to do some additional research on this. It is common answer from this assistant, that's why it may/ may not mean SS. You can contact people who got the same reply and enquire if they ever were in SS. It is easy to spot people using search. Another way to figure out is by ordering gcms notes. You can do both.