+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London Visa Office 2020/2021 (Outland Applicants)

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
It seems to mainly be true - it clearly does not have final sign-off so nothing is completely off the table (yes, they could ask for more) but doesn't seem to happen that much.

I wouldn't assume that the security/background/criminality checks haven't started - again, may just be awaiting final confirmation or sign off. I don't know for sure but doubt that they would get to this stage and write pre-arrival if there were any 'heightened' checks flagged in the files.

Some seem to get decision made and even PPR fairly shortly after pre-arrival, sometimes quite quickly, although there is variation and longer cases. (More variation right now - covid and travel restrictions).
All the checks for Mr LL seem to be running concurrently, so I think it could be just final sign off, as you say.

FAHIMBD

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
I love that flow chart. It implies our papers have moved to a visa office and we have AOR2 but I have no idea when it happened. In ECAS, it has been saying processing app since 19th March for Mr LL.
My ECAS has been so slow updating that I don't even pay much attention to it. At this point I check and include it in discussions probably out of OCD.

I hope ours are running a similar timeline - fingers crossed. Just wish we knew and could easily find out where our papers are.
If by next month you don't hear anything, please request the GCMS notes or whatever that is called. It'll be 12 months if I recall correctly.

I think they may have never left Canada, but no idea why I think that!
Because you are dealing with a government agency. With my third world passport, I've been doing it for a really long time now. Almost every other year or so, something like this has been looming over me. The stress and uncertainty does things to your mind.

But! I still feel like you are about to get a tonne of messages from them real soon. So let's hold on!

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
I didn't think it was possible to order GCMS notes if I, as sponsor, was outside Canada?
You can still order, you’ll just need to ensure the PA completes and signs a consent form to allow their info to be released. The consent form is valid for 12 months so once you’ve used it it can be used again any time within it that timeframe (hopefully there is no need to do it more than once for you!)

Reactions: armoured

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
You can still order, you’ll just need to ensure the PA completes and signs a consent form to allow their info to be released. The consent form is valid for 12 months so once you’ve used it it can be used again any time within it that timeframe (hopefully there is no need to do it more than once for you!)
What form is that?

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020

FAHIMBD

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
It seems to mainly be true - it clearly does not have final sign-off so nothing is completely off the table (yes, they could ask for more) but doesn't seem to happen that much.
Hopefully they won't keep delaying and asking for more and requiring updated docs.

I wouldn't assume that the security/background/criminality checks haven't started - again, may just be awaiting final confirmation or sign off. I don't know for sure but doubt that they would get to this stage and write pre-arrival if there were any 'heightened' checks flagged in the files.
While I fully acknowledge that you are being logical, I am not convinced if their process is logical. IF they truly start the security/background checks AFTER the Pre-Arrival, then it goes without saying that they don't even have access to any flag raising ability until after that. It'd be great if it turns out that they actually have done some checks like you are suggesting.

Some seem to get decision made and even PPR fairly shortly after pre-arrival, sometimes quite quickly, although there is variation and longer cases. (More variation right now - covid and travel restrictions).
That's true. I have seen some people get through it so fast that there's no way they began the screening after the pre-arrival. But then again, we are assuming that all case workers treat all applicants equally without any bias/prejudice. I suppose all we can do is hope for the best and wait.

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020

LotusLeodis

Jul 23, 2020
Hopefully they won't keep delaying and asking for more and requiring updated docs.

While I fully acknowledge that you are being logical, I am not convinced if their process is logical. IF they truly start the security/background checks AFTER the Pre-Arrival, then it goes without saying that they don't even have access to any flag raising ability until after that. It'd be great if it turns out that they actually have done some checks like you are suggesting.

That's true. I have seen some people get through it so fast that there's no way they began the screening after the pre-arrival. But then again, we are assuming that all case workers treat all applicants equally without any bias/prejudice. I suppose all we can do is hope for the best and wait.
I hope for you that you are over the hump, as it were.

Reactions: FAHIMBD

FAHIMBD

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
UPDATE:

Got another email from them today asking for:
1. Schedule A (IMM 5669) :Newly completed, must include info going back all the way to when I was 18 and be signed by me.
2. Police Certificate
3. Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562).

They gave a 4 weeks deadline on sending it all to them. They said to upload them to GCKey.

Reactions: canadan_

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
UPDATE:

Got another email from them today asking for:
1. Schedule A (IMM 5669) :Newly completed, must include info going back all the way to when I was 18 and be signed by me.
2. Police Certificate
3. Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562).

They gave a 4 weeks deadline on sending it all to them. They said to upload them to GCKey.
I had the same email, asking for the same things, on June 11th. Fingers crossed they’re asking for these documents so they can begin finalising everything. I noted that you’ve received pre-arrival, which we haven’t, but they did also ask for clarification as to whether my partner or I have been married before (we haven’t) because we declared prior relationships; hopefully once we’ve clarified that for them pre-arrival should be forthcoming.

Last edited:
Reactions: FAHIMBD

FAHIMBD

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
I had the same email, asking for the same things, on June 11th. Fingers crossed they’re asking for these documents so they can begin finalising everything. I noted that you’ve received pre-arrival, which we haven’t, but they did also ask for clarification as to whether my partner or I have been married before (we haven’t) because we declared prior relationships; hopefully once we’ve clarified that for them pre-arrival should be forthcoming.
Yeah! It does look like that clarification will soon lead to a Pre-Arrival letter for you guys. I hope we will be able to ready everything and send them all the required stuff by next week.

Reactions: canadan_

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
Yeah! It does look like that clarification will soon lead to a Pre-Arrival letter for you guys. I hope we will be able to ready everything and send them all the required stuff by next week.
Yeah same plan here, although police certificate might not come through until the end of the month. Should still be plenty of time to submit it though!

FAHIMBD

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
They said to include "Original signature" in the Schedule A form. Anyone know what that implies? I printed it out and then signed it and scanned and made a pdf all over again. Think that's what they wanted me to do?