+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

London Visa Office 2020/2021 (Outland Applicants)

FAHIMBD

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
Hello people,

We recently got the SA and the letter told us our file is being moved to London visa office (LVO). We'd like to stay in touch and share relevant information with those who have their files transferred to LVO or will have their files transferred to LVO.

We read about a lot of terrible experiences involving this visa office. Not to mention that when I applied for a visit visa in 2018, it took them over 105 days! Hopefully we can share what we know here and keep each other updated.

We have also been using the following spreadsheet shared by @LotusLeodis to record our progress and see what's going on with other people's applications :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/edit#gid=2079961909

Here is a flowchart of the overall application process broken down into stages:

Hope this helps.

FAHIMBD

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
When was your file transferred to LVO? Mine was transferred on the 21st Jan 2021.
They emailed us the SA letter on the 8th of Feb 2021. In that letter they mentioned:

If I can count that as file transferred date, then it was transferred on the 8th of Feb.

I didn't get any Medical letter. Did you guys get the medical letter? If yes, how long after the SA?

Last edited:

akbarz

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Idk about the flowchart. But my husband's file was transferred to LVO in March 2020 - around November 11 we received request documents such as new PC for UK and Spain, Schedule A and travel Info. Before we even submitted docs we received pre arrivals letter on Dec 1, and GCMS notes stated eligibility passed and notes stated no concerns about relationship so I'm assuming no interview for us. We just submitted the docs last week because one item was delayed and will have to redo medical because they expire this week

akbarz

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
They emailed us the SA letter on the 8th of Feb 2021. In that letter they mentioned:

If I can count that as file transferred date, then it was transferred on the 8th of Feb.

I didn't get any Medical letter. Did you guys get the medical letter? If yes, how long after the SA?
I recieved medical letter prior to transfer to visa office but many people recieved later. Just need to wait.

akbarz

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Our timeline

PA: Spanish national living in the United Kingdom (Pakistani born)
Sponsor: Canadian Citizen by birth
Application sent: Dec 16, 2019
Application received: Dec 23, 2019
AOR 1: Jan 11, 2020
BIL: Feb 05, 2020
Medical: Feb 06, 2020
SA: Feb 06, 2020 (email)
ECAS DM: Feb 06, 2020
Biometrics Completed: Feb 17, 2020
Medical Given: Feb 18, 2020
Medical Passed: Feb 21, 2020
Moved to VO: March 02, 2020 (London, UK)
AOR 2: July 23, 2020 (ECAS changed)
Request for Schedule A, PC, Travel: Nov 11, 2020
Pre-arrival letter: Dec 1, 2020
GCMS NOTES: Elgibility passed, notes on relationship genuine/clear.
Additional Docs Accepted
Background/Security: ?
COPR?

Reactions: FAHIMBD

Nelson 1

Star Member
Feb 7, 2021

This means it will be transferred. So you will receive another letter on the day it will be officially transferred.

Reactions: FAHIMBD

FAHIMBD

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
Idk about the flowchart. But my husband's file was transferred to LVO in March 2020 - around November 11 we received request documents such as new PC for UK and Spain, Schedule A and travel Info.
Sorry to hear about all the trouble you've been through.

Did they ask for the PC, Schedule A and Travel info documents because they all expired somehow or did you not send them those documents with the original application?

I hope our documents don't expire by the time they process the application. It will add so much extra time to this already dead-low process.

Before we even submitted docs we received pre arrivals letter on Dec 1, and GCMS notes stated eligibility passed and notes stated no concerns about relationship so I'm assuming no interview for us. We just submitted the docs last week because one item was delayed and will have to redo medical because they expire this week
That's strange that you got your pre arrival letter before they went through the documents! But as long as it helps you guys out I suppose we shouldn't complain. Hope you guys get the medicals done and they finish their processing ASAP.

By the way, how do you get the GCMS notes?

FAHIMBD

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2015
Does any one here know the estimated processing times in London Visa Office?
I took a look at the spreadsheet and for May, June, July and August, all the files transferred to London have no more updates after SA.

There is one April 2020 applicant who actually reached AOR2 in LVO.
There are two March applicants who got the background check "We started processing.." but no AOR2.
There are two February applicants who got the background check "We started processing.." but no AOR2.
There are 8 January applicants who got their AOR2 and 5 with "we started processing" for the background.

So based on the spreadsheet from January to August, it looks like not many people have gotten things processed there.

I just hope this doesn't mean my AOR2 will arrive 6 months from now. Let's hope they are able to work more now. The thing is, I don't know how many people they have working there or anything like that. For all I know, there could be just a few poor soul working their asses off night and day!

Nelson 1

Star Member
Feb 7, 2021
Lets pray for the best. I have heard soke really bad stuff about LVO. I am june applicant. Am hoping soon i receive my AOR2. Its 3 weeks now since my file was transferred.

Alexis1971

Feb 16, 2020
Hello people,

We recently got the SA and the letter told us our file is being moved to London visa office (LVO). We'd like to stay in touch and share relevant information with those who have their files transferred to LVO or will have their files transferred to LVO.

We read about a lot of terrible experiences involving this visa office. Not to mention that when I applied for a visit visa in 2018, it took them over 105 days! Hopefully we can share what we know here and keep each other updated.

We have also been using the following spreadsheet shared by @LotusLeodis to record our progress and see what's going on with other people's applications :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LxDFjvZn-XR9uZpGbPTORYKQf0BMquSXNw0RvmqvZNU/edit#gid=2079961909

Here is a flowchart of the overall application process broken down into stages:

Hope this helps.
nice flowchart